787's?

luv2fly

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
It was stated to me recently that DL is in the process of inking a deal with Boeing for a significant number of 787's.
If this proves to be true, and I realize it is hearsay at this point, it would indicate to me that Boeing is supporting the stand alone plan.

It was stated to me recently that DL is in the process of inking a deal with Boeing for a significant number of 787's.
If this proves to be true, and I realize it is hearsay at this point, it would indicate to me that Boeing is supporting the stand alone plan.

Not necessarily!

What ever orders DL may make, US would need. Boeing will assume "business as usual" at this point.

A company as large as Boeing and an order of such magnitude is not going to be passed by for a "what if". If a deal is done and Boeing still gets more out of a merger, what do you think is going to happen.

Not necessarily!

What ever orders DL may make, US would need. Boeing will assume "business as usual" at this point.

I understand what you are saying but I would have disagree with you. Parker has stated that he needs this merge to happen while DL is still in BK. One would assume this statement could/would include the rejection of further aircraft and since there is great uncertainty surrounding exactly what the DOJ would require, it is not known what aircraft US would need. We do know it will require spinning off certain assets, routes, etc, for approval.
On the other hand, the DL plan would be predicated on these and other Boeing aircraft remaining on the property.

If this purchase is a must in order to get the deal done, Parker will follow thru with it. Boeing would be foolish not to accept this A/C order from DL based on what may or may not happen. They have nothing to lose..

If this purchase is a must in order to get the deal done, Parker will follow thru with it. Boeing would be foolish not to accept this A/C order from DL based on what may or may not happen. They have nothing to lose..

There's a lot better chance of a standalone DL placing a big order without the 8.7 Billion in debt Parker wants to add to DL's books. And what do we get for that 8.7 Billion? Not much. The banks, hedge funds,and AWA management make a killing though.

One major flaw in Parker's synergy arguement is that he expects DL's leasing companies to just take their airplanes back with no questions asked as they did at US. They did it at US because the company was almost dead. That's a pipe dream that wouldn't happen at DL.

There's a lot better chance of a standalone DL placing a big order without the 8.7 Billion in debt Parker wants to add to DL's books. And what do we get for that 8.7 Billion? Not much. The banks, hedge funds,and AWA management make a killing though.

One major flaw in Parker's synergy arguement is that he expects DL's leasing companies to just take their airplanes back with no questions asked as they did at US. They did it at US because the company was almost dead. That's a pipe dream that wouldn't happen at DL.

-------------------------------------------------------
With all due respect...you need a lesson in the bankruptcy code. I would think Mr. Parker and his team would have thought this out prior to their offer.

But then all they had to do was ask the expert such as you and could have saved all the egg on their faces....

What a waste of great potential you are....or has Mr. Grinstein already tapped you for a presentation to the creditors, with your theary of lack of synergy's?

With all due respect...you need a lesson in the bankruptcy code. I would think Mr. Parker and his team would have thought this out prior to their offer.

But then all they had to do was ask the expert such as you and could have saved all the egg on their faces....

What a waste of great potential you are....or has Mr. Grinstein already tapped you for a presentation to the creditors, with your theary of lack of synergy's?

Just because they might have thought it out doesn't mean the lessors are going to grant it to them.

And what the hell is a "theary".

Hopefully Parker doesn't tap you for the spokesperson role.

Just because they might have thought it out doesn't mean the lessors are going to grant it to them.

'SUM',

think in the linear,

'SUM',

think in the abstract,

...clearly, your forte is the,

Linear....

nice spelling though..........

"And what do we get for that 8.7 Billion? Not much."

Are you speaking as a creditor or as an employee? I am an employee, and my experience is.... do not mistake "we" for the bankers and creditors. "We" are along for the ride.

Best. Greeter.

----------------------------------------------------

Mr. Parker won't be tapping me for anything but my job, not spokesperson, so rest at ease....

As far as the spelling, well what can I say. Check with the Georgia Public School System.. Its their fault!

And you of course have your nose firmly in Parker's rear believing he can do no wrong. What exactly has he accomplished so far with the US/HP merger? I've seen it and it's not much. The creditors in the room snickered when he used his "successful merger track record" as a reason this should be approved. He has scratched out a couple of small quarterly profits on the backs of the lowest compensated employees in the business. I'll give him that.

The info on the aircraft leases was in a message sent out from DALPA after a full review of the Parker presentation. You really give this guy a lot of credit but it seems there are many things that were not thought out in the rush to push this deal on us before we exit BK. We should all be against it, not just the 50,000 DL employees. This is a bad deal for you and us. The only winners in this will be Parker's posse and the banks.

"One major flaw in Parker's synergy arguement is that he expects DL's leasing companies to just take their airplanes back with no questions asked as they did at US. They did it at US because the company was almost dead. That's a pipe dream that wouldn't happen at DL."

While DL is in BK, the leasing companies don't have much of a choice, and I'm sure that is why Parker wants to try to get the deal done prior to exiting. As for the A/C that US returned, most if not all had their leases rejected long before Parker and HP came into the picture. ;)

And you of course have your nose firmly in Parker's rear believing he can do no wrong. What exactly has he accomplished so far with the US/HP merger? I've seen it and it's not much. The creditors in the room snickered when he used his "successful merger track record" as a reason this should be approved. He has scratched out a couple of small quarterly profits on the backs of the lowest compensated employees in the business. I'll give him that.

The info on the aircraft leases was in a message sent out from DALPA after a full review of the Parker presentation. You really give this guy a lot of credit but it seems there are many things that were not thought out in the rush to push this deal on us before we exit BK. We should all be against it, not just the 50,000 DL employees. This is a bad deal for you and us. The only winners in this will be Parker's posse and the banks.
----------------------------------------------------------

I think ya'll still think your the "pretty girl" we at Usairways would like to dance with. As this discusion of mergers continues I propose another tack for Usairways.

Maybe Usairways should treat Delta as a wounded enemy soldier, make a battlefield decision that you are unsurvivable, and relive you of any and all valuable assets and leave you for dead.

In a grotesque kind of way it will be fun watching you squirm "in the barrel".

I don't want your airline, just your equipment and routes for a song...."Keep Delta Your Delta".

As far as the location of my nose to my CEO's posterior, well I guess we know what type of personell would be coming from Delta if we merge.

----------------------------------------------------------

I think ya'll still think your the "pretty girl" we at Usairways would like to dance with. As this discusion of mergers continues I propose another tack for Usairways.

Maybe Usairways should treat Delta as a wounded enemy soldier, make a battlefield decision that you are unsurvivable, and relive you of any and all valuable assets and leave you for dead.

In a grotesque kind of way it will be fun watching you squirm "in the barrel".

I don't want your airline, just your equipment and routes for a song...."Keep Delta Your Delta".

As far as the location of my nose to my CEO's posterior, well I guess we know what type of personell would be coming from Delta if we merge.

I think this shows your true colors. It was your man Doug that decided to interfere with another carrier and you came on another airline's web board slinging insults.

Keep dreaming about taking our planes and routes. It's not going to happen. Envy is a destructive thing.

I was in the barrel this morning, thanks for asking. Head high, good form. Water temp 59 degress and no kooks in sight.

Get used to it, I'm one of the nicer ones.

I think this shows your true colors. It was your man Doug that decided to interfere with another carrier and you came on another airline's web board slinging insults.

Keep dreaming about taking our planes and routes. It's not going to happen. Envy is a destructive thing.

I was in the barrel this morning, thanks for asking. Head high, good form. Water temp 59 degress and no kooks in sight.

Get used to it, I'm one of the nicer ones.
-----------------------------------------------------------
It appears Senator Grassley has spoken, the merger will not be tolerated...enuf said.
Based on your attitude on these boards,Id say your just one of the 10%ers, most Delta employees I've met are really quite nice and level headed. Not the loose cannon, Know it all, you appear to be.
Maybe USAIRways can help the Delta management out with the exit plan. I'll hope for litening the load of some 757's. "Happy Holidays"