7e7's For Jetblue

Good point. I quoted 7 known facts and two unknowns. Nowhere did I say it was a rumor, just quoting what I know and a couple of what ifs. The source is a VP in the company who is a personal friend. Guess I should have just kept quiet instead of trying to shed a little additional light on a topic.
:(

ITRADE said:
I'm really interested to see what the U.S. carriers do with the 7E7.

If they replace all 757s and 767s with 7E7s, replace only the 757s, or replace only the 767s.

Here are the following tech specs:

7E3 - 289 passengers 3,500 NM
7E8 - 217 passengers 8,500 NM
7E9 - 257 passengers 8,300 NM

The short range version seems a little big to be a 757 replacement, so I guess the plan would be use 737-900s to replace 757 operations, eliminate all 757s, and use 7Es as long range 757 ops and 767 ops.
ITRADE

I know we're getting a little off topic here, but I'd be even more interested in see what Boeing may plan to do their line of 737s if the 7E7 is successful. The 7E7 is certainly no replacement for the 737, specifically the smaller 737s. It will be interesting if 5-10 years from now Boeing announces a new design for a single-aisle replacement for the 737 using 7E7 technology.

I think there is as much chance of JBLU adding A-380's as 7E7's. And while I can't say whether the E-190 is overweight, it is on time--they are testing the 190 and flying it and so next fall still looks good for certification and delivery.

i

FM2436 said:
I just read in the May/June issue of Aircraft Economics magazine (page 13) that jetBlue has signed a Letter of Intent for 20 Boeing 7E7s.
Letter of intent......here is an example.... in part....

Explanation: This is a letter of intent for an acquisition, structured either as a stock or asset deal.

The parties hereto acknowledge that this letter does not contain all matters upon which an agreement must be reached in order for the Acquisition to be consummated. Further, among other conditions specified herein or otherwise agreed to by the parties, the obligations of the parties hereto to consummate the Acquisition are subject to the negotiation and execution of the Purchase Agreement referred to in paragraph 3 below. Accordingly, this letter is intended solely as a basis for further discussion and is not intended to be and does not constitute a legally binding agreement

Pretty non-committal and no monies involved...but it make for nice PR.
Sounds a bit like when People Express had designs on the 747...

jbu320 said:
Good point. I quoted 7 known facts and two unknowns. Nowhere did I say it was a rumor, just quoting what I know and a couple of what ifs. The source is a VP in the company who is a personal friend. Guess I should have just kept quiet instead of trying to shed a little additional light on a topic.
:(
Interesting but not surprising on the E-170/190

[Sounds a bit like when People Express had designs on the 747...] Actually they bought (or leased) some--I flew on them to Denver, also SFO and I think they flew them to London--that was when Don Burr went crazy.
Boeing said in Farnborough they had non-binding letters of intent with refundable deposits for over 200 planes and were in talks that if they came to fruition represented of 500 orders--dream on--but why not put down a place-holder? Worse case you get your money back; best, its a hot plane and you sell your delivery slots for $100K each. But checking around, I heard that the e-190 is ontime and on budget, but JBLU is in talks to increase the weight in order to increase the range a bit.

They bought 'em. CO got them as part of the acquisition. I think they were flying those 747s until 1995 or so when they got parked in the desert.

Latest posts