A Large Quandry for the GOP in 2012

joanne

Advanced
Nov 29, 2009
With the current president dealing with unfavorable numbers, one would think that the GOP would be "licking their chops" at the 2012 POTUS upcoming elections.
BUT then they get hit with "THIS"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/11/p...l_n_457836.html

SO,.....what to do ?
Well there is "Mitt the MORMAN" ( I personally have no prejudice against Mormons, should I be a GOP voter)

Johnny Mac ? Uh, I really don't think so.

The Governor of Mississippi ? (you know, the man that resembles an animal where Bacon comes from, and speaks a language that is so unintelligible that the greatest Harvard Univ. linguist can't Understand him)

Dick Cheney ? (he'd need a cardiologist with him at ALL times, including his sleeping quarters/toilet etc)

JEB "Bush" ? (Naw. peoples former 401K's, which became 101K's, haven't made it to 201K's yet)

Newt ? (Well he just recently Ate his own SHOE LEATHER this past week, so I really doubt it)

Rick Santorum ? (He's even "off the charts" for a lot of conservatives. WAY OFF the charts)

Joe(You LIE) Wilson ? (he'd never "play" in a lot of "Purple states")

Michael Stee........................ (WHOA, sorry I even "started" to mention it.)

So What is the GOP to do ???

BO + JB...........in office until 1/20/2017 !!

(By that time, Hillary will be a Supreme Court Justice) :up:

Meh, typical liberal garbage.
Fretting over the GOP when your own house is being burnt to the ground. Love it! Keep it up!

Nail in coffin alert: Obama: Taxing the Middle Class? "All Ideas Are On The Table" http://tinyurl.com/yllwva5

Meh, typical liberal garbage.
Fretting over the GOP when your own house is being burnt to the ground. Love it! Keep it up!

Nail in coffin alert: Obama: Taxing the Middle Class? "All Ideas Are On The Table" http://tinyurl.com/yllwva5

But airbud, there you go again !
While I definitely support your right to reply as you see fit, I WAS hopeing that you may have a name for your side in 2012.

But alas, I was mistaken.
Again !

While I definitely support your right to reply as you see fit, I WAS hopeing that you may have a name for your side in 2012.

Again !

Your the one fretting over the "name". Me...not so much. Im not worried about whats going to happen in 2012. Since the Dems and hopey changey was revealed as a genuine BS artist, change will come in 2012. And you ain't gonna like it!

Again !

Heres your answer.......................Obama Tied with GOP 'Nobody' in Hypothetical 2012 Run

zs2huhm-h0e7f_vu5xt56g.gif

These results are based on a Feb. 1-3 Gallup poll. Forty-four percent of U.S. registered voters say they are more likely to vote for Obama, 42% for the Republican candidate, and the remaining 14% are undecided or would vote for another candidate.

Source:http://tinyurl.com/yb2amte

It's a VERY LONG way to 2012 folks and much could happen.

It's pretty easy who the Dems feel most threatened by based on their ongoing attempted character assination. They fear Sarah Palin.

WHY? Because she resonates with a majority of women and as we know women hold a much more of the voting power than ever before.

Sarah Palin, good, bad or indifferent speaks to every mom who had a daughter or friends daughter come home knocked up and all of the moral, ethical, financial and practical issues that arise from that situation.

She also resonates with woman who have relatively high powered jobs and face the challenges of being a Mom, Wife, Executive all while trying to maintain her sense of place.

Do all of those folks share her political views?? Highly doubtful! However they do understand her situation intimately, some more than others.

She will be a force to be reckoned with not because of superior intellect, beauty, chrarisma and firm grasp of the issues, rather she will be a force because to many she's no different than they are. If you're a liberal Democrat a strong willed, independant lady is your greatest fear especially if she is labeled conservative.

Heres your answer.......................Obama Tied with GOP 'Nobody' in Hypothetical 2012 Run

zs2huhm-h0e7f_vu5xt56g.gif

These results are based on a Feb. 1-3 Gallup poll. Forty-four percent of U.S. registered voters say they are more likely to vote for Obama, 42% for the Republican candidate, and the remaining 14% are undecided or would vote for another candidate.

Source:http://tinyurl.com/yb2amte

So what your actually trying to tell us , is that no matter who runs against " The Annointed One" , Even Cheney, has a great shot at making him a one term hit wonder ? Blasphemy !

They don't want her for president because they would rather have her out there in the front lines tearing the libs a new one......................

Sounds like more than one lib is a little frightened by all the press she is getting. Keep talking about her and more and more people will start hearing her message and liking it.

I am not worried who the Repubs will chose because by 2012 people will be so disenchanted with Obama that yo' mama could beat him.

You folks really need to get a new mantra. I doubt any lib/dem is scared of Palin. She is entertaining. She provides a distraction. I would be amazed if she ran. Her history would sink her. She quit her job half way through. There are emails surfacing that indicate that her husband had significant involvement in the running of AK government affairs. She has no understanding of international affairs. Her statement that given her proximity to Russia she had international experience is laughable were it not sad. While she may be popular with the 'core' republicans she will not resonate with the independents in the middle and that is where elections have always been won or lost.

Had the RNC chosen a real/viable VP candidate there was a big chance e would have received my vote. Once she started to talk after she was chosen, that sealed my vote for Obama.

She will sere the RNC well as a spokes person. She can rally the troops although I do not see her doing many/any stump speeches beside very many candidates. I think McCain is going to regret having her by his side again but that is just a WAG on my part.

If the RNC want's to loose they will put Palin up in 2012. There will be someone who will pop up. I am sure the head hunters are out scouring the political land scape. My guess it will be a name we have not heard much about. Hopefully they are more politically astute than Ms Palin is.

You folks really need to get a new mantra. I doubt any lib/dem is scared of Palin. She is entertaining. She provides a distraction. I would be amazed if she ran. Her history would sink her. She quit her job half way through. There are emails surfacing that indicate that her husband had significant involvement in the running of AK government affairs. She has no understanding of international affairs. Her statement that given her proximity to Russia she had international experience is laughable were it not sad. While she may be popular with the 'core' republicans she will not resonate with the independents in the middle and that is where elections have always been won or lost.

Had the RNC chosen a real/viable VP candidate there was a big chance e would have received my vote. Once she started to talk after she was chosen, that sealed my vote for Obama.

She will sere the RNC well as a spokes person. She can rally the troops although I do not see her doing many/any stump speeches beside very many candidates. I think McCain is going to regret having her by his side again but that is just a WAG on my part.

If the RNC want's to loose they will put Palin up in 2012. There will be someone who will pop up. I am sure the head hunters are out scouring the political land scape. My guess it will be a name we have not heard much about. Hopefully they are more politically astute than Ms Palin is.

You seem to forget that it was only when Palin joined on that McCains numbers rose. Inconvenient truth i guess. But thats ok, the libbys are so caught up in Palin Derangement Syndrome (out of gut wrenching fear) that they cant even see that their party has been demoralized faster then it took Bush to do in 8 years with the republican party. Keep it up!

Last time I checked the calendar the election was not held in Sep but in Nov. Of course Palin gave McCain a bump in the polls. She was a woman, attractive and she had not opened her mouth in an unscripted venue. The republican base loved her. Pro guns, anti abortion, .... etc. Everything they wanted and nothing the independents were interested in because that is where elections are won, in the center. Go hang your hat on her as a nominee. Your party not mine.

Last time I checked the calendar the election was not held in Sep but in Nov.
No kidding sherlock? Really? lol

Of course Palin gave McCain a bump in the polls.
You said different before. You alluded that she hurt McCain when the fact show she helped a loser candidate.

She was a woman, attractive and she had not opened her mouth in an unscripted venue. The republican base loved her. Pro guns, anti abortion, .... etc. Everything they wanted and nothing the independents were interested in because that is where elections are won, in the center.
Yah they got sold a line of dopey hopey changee crap and now see how stupid they were. Change will come kittypuss, change will come.

Go hang your hat on her as a nominee. Your party not mine.
Oh yeah that party of your is doing so well ain't it? Hows that hopey changee thing working out for you. lol

Yes, I believe she did hurt McCain. Had McCain been able to choose a more viable candidate (Snowe or Hutchison. come to mind) he would have received the same bump and in my opinion kept it. When Palin started to talk and go off topic and then go on to make a complete fool of her self in subsequent interviews and statements it was all over for her and the independents/undecided. That is where elections are won/lost.

Not my party. I'm an independent who tends to side with liberal ideals more than conservative ones in the social arena and conservative ideals more than liberal ones when it comes to the financial arena.

As I said before. McCain was a serious consideration for me even though he flipped on a few issues. I did/still don't believe he actually thinks that way (torture issue for example) but that he did it for votes. I liked him more than I like(d) Obama but McCain let someone chose Palin for him (I do not believe that was his idea) and when she started to talk, I an a lot of other people got turned off. McCain was a centrist on most of his platform issues. He seemed to be socially more liberal than most conservatives and just enough of a fiscal conservative to appeal to independents like my self. I think his links to Bush hurt him but I also believe a good VP candidate could have separated him from that luggage. Live and learn .... may be.

Back