A New Movement To Oust The Twu At Aa?

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
I have recently found that many Tulsa TWU members who never showed interest in signing an AMFA card are ready and willing to sign a TEAMSTERS card and leave the TWU.

Even the Just Converstation Thread

Just Conversation Thread

Seems to point out that the TEAMSTERS would be a successful alternative to the TWU.

I am talking machinist, welders, parts washers, and stock clerks are ready to sign up now if we just had some cards. These were anti-AMFA hold outs in Tulsa that now appear ready for change and willing sign up for a vote.

They were not TWU zealots after-all, just afraid AMFA was not the answer for them.

But ask them about signing a TEAMSTERS card, and they have their INK PEN ready to sign NOW!

Hmmm, maybe there is HOPE for CHANGE in TULSA afterall. :shock:

The TWU was prohibited from organizing AA due to the "no poaching" rule of the AFL CIO. To the contrary notwithstanding, that is how the TWU got in, but that is another story.'

Now that the Teamsters are no longer AFL CIO, it is a whole new ball game. Plus, AMFA has lost a bit of their luster lately.

what ya say CIO, HSS, et al. care to give us your take on this new enthusiastic wave overtaking TULSA? or will the next attack be against the TEAMSTERS who may very well threaten that compAAny union who continues to put dues above pay and benefits? can't wait to hear the spin on this one!.........ITS ALL THE TEAMSTERS FAULT :lol: :lol: :lol:

local 12 proud said:
what ya say CIO, HSS, et al. care to give us your take on this new enthusiastic wave overtaking TULSA? or will the next attack be against the TEAMSTERS who may very well threaten that compAAny union who continues to put dues above pay and benefits? can't wait to hear the spin on this one!.........ITS ALL THE TEAMSTERS FAULT :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[post="284176"][/post]​

How would the TWU attack the Teamsters?

Teamsters are an Industrial union.

The Teamster mechanics at UPS are the highest paid in the industry.

They have 1.3 million more members than the TWU.

The Teamsters have never given concessions that cut as deep as TWU concessions.

The Teamsters conducted the most successful strike in decades against UPS.

The Teamsters honor other unions picket lines.

Would they claim that the Teamsters is not a real union because they call themselves a "Brotherhood"?

The Teamsters existed long before the TWU.

They have more money than the TWU.

They have more members than the TWU.

They have more clout than the TWU.

Unlike the TWU the Teamsters admit there are problems with the structure of the labor movement and they are taking steps to change things.

The TWU claims that there is nothing wrong with the structure or the leadership. They(Jim Little) claim at worst the leadsership has failed to communicate, communicate, communicate but otherwise the problem is the membership, not the union leadership or the structure.

The question is who do you agree with? Because we have heard it so many times many believe that the problem is the members. However an apathetic membership is the product of poor leadership not the cause. We need leadership, the structure of the TWU stifles true leadership and will resist change, I think we all can agree that we, the working people, need change.

TWU informer said:
:up: :up: ATTENTION: :up:
CONTACT THE TEAMSTERS ORGANIZING DEPARTMENT

TELL THEM WE NEED THEIR HELP IN A CRUSADE AGAINST COPROATE UNIONISM!

E-mail them today

[email protected]
[post="284202"][/post]​

I hope they really do it. I'd say the odds are 50-50 that they will kiss and make up before the Convention is over.

But if they dont, what do we have to lose?

Business unionism must die before it destroys us all!!!!

Jeez,
I can hear the concrete in (the) NY Giants stadium "creaking", with (potential) JOY.
(aka Jimmy Hoffa sr.) :up: :up:

Seriously though, AA would be a major "plum" for the IBT.

A N Y T H I N G.....would be better than the AATWU
(Notice the slash " / " is missing between AA + TWU) !! :down: :down:

NH/BB's

local 12 proud said:
what ya say CIO, HSS, et al. care to give us your take on this new enthusiastic wave overtaking TULSA? or will the next attack be against the TEAMSTERS who may very well threaten that compAAny union who continues to put dues above pay and benefits? can't wait to hear the spin on this one!.........ITS ALL THE TEAMSTERS FAULT :lol: :lol: :lol:
[post="284176"][/post]​
<_< No! It's all TWA's fault!!!!!!! :shock:

Bob Owens said:
I hope they really do it. I'd say the odds are 50-50 that they will kiss and make up before the Convention is over.

But if they dont, what do we have to lose?

Business unionism must die before it destroys us all!!!!
[post="284209"][/post]​
<_< Bob! What's this? Are you jumping ship? The AMFA NEEDS YOU!!!!! Where shall I send all these cards I've collected????:p

TWU informer said:
:up: :up: ATTENTION: :up:
CONTACT THE TEAMSTERS ORGANIZING DEPARTMENT

TELL THEM WE NEED THEIR HELP IN A CRUSADE AGAINST CORPROATE UNIONISM!

E-mail them today

[email protected]
[post="284202"][/post]​
Spoke to a stores shop steward about a teamsters drive today. This guy is very vocal against AMFA but the mention of the Teamsters and all you could see were the wheels turning. His biggest complaint against AMFA was the fact that he would be left with the twu but the thought of breaking away and staying with the mechanics really sweetened the deal for shat canning the toilet washers union.

I'll sign a Teamsters card! Any other union will be a better representative than the
EVIL TWU! :down: I still believe in AMFA :up: and will always be trying to get the mechanics to go AMFA :up: . We need to rid AA of the TWU before 2006 and the only way we are going to do that is with a union drive that Tulsa and the rest of AA will support. The TWU :down: needs to lose it's "cash cow". I personally don't care for the Teamster's(I used to be a member),but considering our present situation,we may have no choice.

CIO, after seeing you in person I guess "wet dreams" are all you ever got.

Why this change of heart all of a sudden on the part of the AMFA supporters at AA? Could it be that the AMFA has lost it's luster after what happened at UA, AS, and NW? Didn't your AMFA brothers at SW just dump the teamsters? And why would highly skilled and licensed AMTs want to be in a union with those unskilled people who drive and load trucks? Wouldn't the teamsters be considered an industrial union instead of a trade union?

aafsc said:
Why this change of heart all of a sudden on the part of the AMFA supporters at AA? Could it be that the AMFA has lost it's luster after what happened at UA, AS, and NW? Didn't your AMFA brothers at SW just dump the teamsters? And why would highly skilled and licensed AMTs want to be in a union with those unskilled people who drive and load trucks? Wouldn't the teamsters be considered an industrial union instead of a trade union?
[post="284345"][/post]​

I don't see a change of heart at all. As you're well aware of, Tulsa dictates what union we will belong to. It is also fact that the twu has held ownership on the worst contracts in the airlines going on 25 years. Even in Tulsa, they recognize that the twu sucks but are hestitate to support AMFA. Now the interesting thing would be if the line would support Tulsa in a Teamsters drive. The line is still almost 100% behind the AMFA movement and historically more pro-Craft unionism. Then again if 75% of overhaul signed Teamsters cards, if wouldn't matter what the line did.

aafsc said:
[post="284345"][/post]​

The answer is that the TWU has done so badly that the Teamsters look good right now. Keeping the TWU does not look that good. I would be in favor of giving the Teamsters a chance, then looking at AMFA again, later, down the road.

BTW, your post has a faint odor of class envy.