A Pm From One Of Our Angels

May 19, 2003
Visit site
Last week seven DM preferred members (5 CP's and 2 GP's) visited the INT res center. Six of the members flew in from around the country specifically to say thanks to the "angels" on the desk. The group had a chance to visit and meet those on the CP and international desks. The following is a PM from one of those angels, who granted permission for this to be posted, but would prefer to remain anonymous.

“A Thank You to FFocus

The Personal Liaisons for Chairman's Preferred department would like to extend a warm and heartfelt thank you to FFocus. A group of Chairman's Preferred members made the trip to the Winston-Salem Reservations office last week. This was on their own time and on their own dime. They really made the agents feel appreciated for the hard work they do, day in and day out. Thanks also for the treats.

It was great to hear their feedback, the good and the bad. Hopefully the management at USAirways is paying attention to this group of dedicated passengers.â€￾

The DM members that were able to attend hope that you all enjoyed the visit and the treats as much we did in meeting you.

You are the best and we thank you for all you do!

Hopefully the management at USAirways is paying attention to this group of dedicated passengers.â€￾

Don't hold your breath...the only thing management is "Focused" on is a buyer for this airline so they can "cash out".

PITbull said:
Hopefully the management at USAirways is paying attention to this group of dedicated passengers.â€￾
Don't hold your breath...the only thing management is "Focused" on is a buyer for this airline so they can "cash out".
[post="262544"][/post]​
I cannot believe everyone has not realised that management runs this company like a broker rather than people who are trying to turn the company around.

CynicalResAgent said:
Oh, sorry, I was stuck in my role as a negative person and a naysayer....

The topic was the visit from FFOCUS. Hey, I appreciate you guys coming to see us. I wish you were listend to by CCY instead of patronised.
[post="262549"][/post]​
There was a time when I would have been upset by your response and hijacking a thread. As a matter of fact in the past I believe I have responded to you in way that I now regret.

I was a defender of this management team and then became quiet during the negotiations with the various labor groups. I have grown increasingly disenchanted with the way the airline is being run operationally and the way employees are being treated. I have repeated called for Al Kremilins resignation publicly and in the press.

I am no longer willing to support this team. You have given over 40% of your income back to them in three concessions and I see NOTHING that has been done to improve the future of the airline. I seem to recall promises being made that if you agreed to the concessions, your jobs would be protected. All I see today is a rush to outsource those very jobs. At this point I want some one to show me where the money has gone.

As a matter of fact I have been thinking about posting an open apology to several on this board. I simply drank the kool-aid and believed the spin. Your post prompted me to do so today

So CRA, I am very sorry for several post directed at you and others. My comments about ketchup with the fries, etc., were off base and wrong. There is very little I can do about that now but say I’m sorry and from time to time say thanks to the employees I meet, pass along a few sweets, and try to make your day a little brighter.

Thanks l4pi, I know you and I have not seen eye to eye on many things, but I think now you understand clearly how the employees have been treated since 2002.

Employees get poorer and Executives get rewarded for failure.

700UW said:
Thanks l4pi, I know you and I have not seen eye to eye on many things, but I think now you understand clearly how the employees have been treated since 2002.

Employees get poorer and Executives get rewarded for failure.
[post="262575"][/post]​
Well.....almost everybody. :p

Just kidding 700. We will still agree on very little as I'm generally not pro-union, but I will be much more understanding of the need for some of the stands you have to take.

One of the things I admre about PITBull is the stand PIT takes for those PIT represents. I don't have to like the position, but I sure admire the willingness to lay it on the line for what PITbull believes. I've had the chance to meet PITbull so I know how deep those beliefs go. Given the chance to break bread together, I'm sure I would find things to admire in the positions you take as well. Maybe we will get the chance to do so in the future.

I'll even bring you some extra lipstick. :lol:

Well I too have broke bread with Pitbull, very smart lady.

Remember, you don't have to agree with someone, but you can respect the right to have differant opinions, some just have more passion in their beliefs then others.

But being on the level I was during negotiations, I have no love for any so called executive at CCY.

I still can't fathom how an executive who failed and gets fired walks away with $7 million.

And I am just a few towns away from you l4pi.

longing4piedmont said:
Last week seven DM preferred members (5 CP's and 2 GP's) visited the INT res center. Six of the members flew in from around the country specifically to say thanks to the "angels" on the desk. The group had a chance to visit and meet those on the CP and international desks. The following is a PM from one of those angels, who granted permission for this to be posted, but would prefer to remain anonymous.

I'm trying to remain objective. But does it strike anyone as a bit whacko to take a trip to visit an airline call center? It's a nice gesture, just a bit odd.

I think it was great for him to visit the res center. Just wish he had also talked to those not in CP. Hey, come to other airline res centers you'll see happy, smiling faces--even though making a lot less than U==and supervisors doing things like giving you a lunch==with their own money==when you made an extra effort. Would you like a buddy pass to Reno???

drifterreno said:
I think it was great for him to visit the res center. Just wish he had also talked to those not in CP.

We actually visited the International Res desk as well as the CP desk. I was surprised at the number of agents assigned to handle those calls!

I'll take this opportunity to thank l4pi for organizing this visit. The men and women we met were all dedicated professionals who, whether they realize it or not, do amazing things for us pax. You are the reason we fly US! I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to meet everyone, get a "behind the scenes" glimpse of res, and especially to personally thank a handful of agents who have gone above and beyond for me. I don't think the angels realize the calming effect hearing "Chairman's Preferred, this is K, how may I help you Ms. shell nyc" can have when all hell is breaking loose during a trip!

Thanks again to everyone...CP desk and otherwise. Hey, even a cockroach isn't born a CP! We were obviously treated well enough by general res for a LONG time before earning access to the angels ;)

notlayedoffyet said:
I'm trying to remain objective. But does it strike anyone as a bit whacko to take a trip to visit an airline call center? It's a nice gesture, just a bit odd.
[post="262683"][/post]​
Oh no doubt, it is whacko. I sometimes wonder if any of us are sane. :shock:

There are almost 300 hundred members of a group called FFOCUS, and as of late we have be handling out candy bars as a way of thanking the front line employees for doing a great job in tough times and a tough enviroment. The folks in res never get to interact with the people they are so dedicated to. As a matter of fact, we all know that the elites in any group can be down right hatedful at times. We just wanted these people to know how important they are to our decisioon to continue our relationship with US. You would be stunned to learn how few there are in our group that feel like our loyalty is based upon the miles or the DM program.

The ladies and gentleman on the CP are the only reason a number of our members have contiuned to fly US. To be honest with you, if I don't make CP again, I wiil be gone for sure next year because life with out the desk is something I just can't imagine.

For many of us, the CP desk is our point of contact with US. We talk with them multiple times with in a week. Many of us have our special "angel" who watches over us. I'm very lucky in that I have several who look out for me.

Hope this explains things.

drifterreno said:
I think it was great for him to visit the res center. Just wish he had also talked to those not in CP. Hey, come to other airline res centers you'll see happy, smiling faces--even though making a lot less than U==and supervisors doing things like giving you a lunch==with their own money==when you made an extra effort. Would you like a buddy pass to Reno???
[post="262686"][/post]​
Consider it a deal if the name changes to HP. :lol:

As far as those being "kissed by a coackroach" that are in general res, stayed tuned.

700UW said:
Well I too have broke bread with Pitbull, very smart lady.

Remember, you don't have to agree with someone, but you can respect the right to have differant opinions, some just have more passion in their beliefs then others.

But being on the level I was during negotiations, I have no love for any so called executive at CCY.

I still can't fathom how an executive who failed and gets fired walks away with $7 million.

And I am just a few towns away from you l4pi.
[post="262671"][/post]​
You have a date to break bread the next time I'm down that way. I'll even buy. As of late, most of my flights from GSO have flown over CLT on the way to ATL.

I do hate to admit this, because I don't want you to get the big head or think more of me than you do, but I do admire your stands and dedication as well. I don't agree with them, but I do respect you for it. I just enjoy busting your chops from time to time.

I'm at market so let me check my schedule when I get home and I'll PM you/

longing4piedmont said:
Consider it a deal if the name changes to HP. :lol:

As far as those being "kissed by a coackroach" that are in general res, stayed tuned.
[post="262705"][/post]​
I'll be here waiting to hand you one. Oh and by the way I was an original PI person and HP reminds me so much of PI it isn't funny. Happy to hear you'll be visiting gen sales too. Give them all my best.

Latest posts

Back