A Retraction !

Aug 20, 2002
I said I would write a retraction, if I was wrong, when I stated that AA-WN+NW would not see BK.

(sadly) I was Wrong !

Good luck to ALL at Big Red !!

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
I said I would write a retraction, if I was wrong, when I stated that AA-WN+NW would not see BK.

(sadly) I was Wrong !

Good luck to ALL at Big Red !!

NH/BB's
[post="300798"][/post]​
We all have our favorites so don't sweat it. The whole industry will shake out before long.. ;)

The filing by NW took a lot of people by surprise; everyone has been talking for weeks about DL's eventual bankruptcy, but just a couple weeks ago, NW stock shot up to almost $6. It was up to over $2 today prior to the Ch 11 filing from $1.32 yesterday. After hours, of course, it gave up half of its value, settling around a buck.

I didn't think NW would file. NW has $1.5 billion of cash and looks to be winning its union-busting battle with AMFA.

But I was wrong. I suspect lots of people thought NW would avoid Ch 11 - not just NH/BBs and me.

What puzzles me is that DL or NW alone probably won't do much better/worse, in BK(for the long run) than they were doing BEFORE they went in.
NOW,
(speculating about "hook-ups"), DL + NW fleet commonality is a DISASTER, as is NW and CO.

DL and CO, well that may be another story.

AA does'nt appear to be "shopping" for anyone. (now IF they were, there are parts of a AA/NW hook-up that would be promising, BUT there again, AA and NW fleet commonality is also a disaster!!

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
What puzzles me is that DL or NW alone probably won't do much better/worse, in BK(for the long run) than they were doing BEFORE they went in.
NOW,
(speculating about "hook-ups"), DL + NW fleet commonality is a DISASTER, as is NW and CO.

DL and CO, well that may be another story.

AA does'nt appear to be "shopping" for anyone. (now IF they were, there are parts of a AA/NW hook-up that would be promising, BUT there again, AA and NW fleet commonality is also a disaster!!

NH/BB's
[post="300838"][/post]​
<_< Hello again Bear! All I can say about aa shoping, is we at TWA didn't see it coming! So history could repeat itself!! Alaskan Air has been mentioned!

MCI transplant said:
<_< Hello again Bear! All I can say about aa shoping, is we at TWA didn't see it coming! So history could repeat itself!! Alaskan Air has been mentioned!
[post="300887"][/post]​
Alaska. Great. AA can buy a west coast airline for the THIRD time!

Maybe the 3rd time would be a charm for AA buying a West Coaster. As for NWA hooking up with anyone, I don't see it. But you never know. Maybe NWA will make a run at AS. You never know. Just my thoughts.........

Can you say NW and US in about 12 months? The POR for NW will be hanging on this transaction, just like US' is hanging on the merge with HP.

aafsc said:
Alaska. Great. AA can buy a west coast airline for the THIRD time!
[post="300899"][/post]​
Sure, then they can disassemle it like Air Cal, REno and TWA, write off the losses and get more concessions from us to cover those losses. Dont worry the TWU will not let management down, dont forget that management has their boy, Jim Little at the helm of the ATD!

Back