A.S.A.P. program in Jeopardy?

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Has anyone heard anything about our ASAP program being challenged in Tulsa? I heard that there was an incident in Tulsa in one of the shops or docks where an ASAP was challenged by the FAA. If this is true has the TWU Intl or local done anything yet? We had issues at the line stations in the past but they were resolved in the past and the program is still effective in pointing out problems.

Has anyone heard anything about our ASAP program being challenged in Tulsa? I heard that there was an incident in Tulsa in one of the shops or docks where an ASAP was challenged by the FAA. If this is true has the TWU Intl or local done anything yet? We had issues at the line stations in the past but they were resolved in the past and the program is still effective in pointing out problems.

That's what I heard. Sounds like a whole shop full of guys were kicked out of ASAP because the FAA is screwing us. I don't know about anyone else, but I would seriously think twice about telling ASAP anything if the FAA is gonna treat us like that. I was in the shop when one of the FAA guys came nosing around after and he was a real jerk and threatened the guys who had filed reports. I heard the local and the International are having meetings with higher ups in the FAA. Sounds like it might be another ASAP that is gonna pull the plug. Rumors are going around that we should call our local ASAP guy before we report anything to the FAA for now....It makes you wonder what the FAA is really after, information to make it safer to fly, or a pound of flesh?

Anyone have better info on this?

That's what I heard. Sounds like a whole shop full of guys were kicked out of ASAP because the FAA is screwing us. I don't know about anyone else, but I would seriously think twice about telling ASAP anything if the FAA is gonna treat us like that. I was in the shop when one of the FAA guys came nosing around after and he was a real jerk and threatened the guys who had filed reports. I heard the local and the International are having meetings with higher ups in the FAA. Sounds like it might be another ASAP that is gonna pull the plug. Rumors are going around that we should call our local ASAP guy before we report anything to the FAA for now....It makes you wonder what the FAA is really after, information to make it safer to fly, or a pound of flesh?

Anyone have better info on this?

Looks like there is something to the rumor:

Read Here

go to www.twu567.org
yes there is something to this!!!

There used to be a sign in DFW breakroom for years 1-800-VOW OF SILENCE. In the past few years everthing has gone downhill ,just another example of whats to come....... I guess we need to put the sign back up?

Well its not just AA now having issues with the ASAP program.

Union Head Has "No Faith" Program Will Be Properly Managed

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District 142 today announced it has withdrawn from the maintenance Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) at Delta Air Lines’ regional subsidiary Comair.

Comair bails out ASAP

AA Mechanics May Leave FAA ASAP Program

http://www.aero-news.net/news/commair.cfm?ContentBlockID=9fd820c2-447f-4a6d-9d31-7e0ec3fb2726&Dynamic=1

AA Mechanics May Leave FAA ASAP Program

http://www.aero-news.net/news/commair.cfm?ContentBlockID=9fd820c2-447f-4a6d-9d31-7e0ec3fb2726&Dynamic=1

I know that I do not trust the FAA anymore. They have proven their political bias against AA and AA mechanics. When they go tell the Chinese how to do their maintenace on US carriers, then maybe I will trust them again. Right now they are the enemy trying to drive our jobs overseas.

I know that I do not trust the FAA anymore. They have proven their political bias against AA and AA mechanics. When they go tell the Chinese how to do their maintenace on US carriers, then maybe I will trust them again. Right now they are the enemy trying to drive our jobs overseas.
It's not just the FAA being the enemy of AA - it's the entire Federal Goverment being the enemy of the US Citizen, but that's a thread for another time.

The FAA is not to be trusted period. They can only be as good as the people they hire. The common thread you find with most of the FAA inspectors is, you wouldn't want them to watch your back in a pinch. They tend to hire the tools, and that is what we have now running the FAA.

Some 15 - 20 years ago a co-worker of mine called an anonymous FAA tip line regarding an incident that was pencil whipped by a supervisor. Within 15 minutes the FAA had ratted out the anonymous caller to local management. To make matters worse, they took no action on the reported safety violation.

When dealing with the FAA, just remember, they are not to be trusted ASAP or not...