AA Agents ratify first contract

Koolcat

Advanced
Mar 21, 2014
American Airlines Agents Ratify First Contract
The American Airlines tentative agreement was ratified by members of the CWA/IBT Passenger Service Association. The vote was 6,993 to 2,522. Voting was conducted by an independent third party.
Our next task is to continue building a strong steward network to enforce this agreement and its job security provisions.
American Airlines senior management will be officially notified. Negotiated wage increases for agents will be included in agents paychecks of December 24.

this is great news

it's disappointing the first order of business is to build a network "to enforce this agreement"

jcw said:
this is great news

it's disappointing the first order of business is to build a network "to enforce this agreement"
What's disappointing is some 4,500 agents didn't vote yet they will do the most complaining. Now it's going to take the TWU/IAM 6-8 months to reach the same agreement for clerks

good point - it's like folks that complain about the government and don't vote in any elections

Worldport said:
What's disappointing is some 4,500 agents didn't vote yet they will do the most complaining. Now it's going to take the TWU/IAM 6-8 months to reach the same agreement for clerks
Apathetic people are bad enough, but my $$$ for the biggest complainers will be those who advocated loudest against representation...

Kev3188 said:
Apathetic people are bad enough, but my $$$ for the biggest complainers will be those who advocated loudest against representation...
 Yes some of the oldtimers on the LAA side I don't understand it they've been put through the ringer time and time again. They don't want the merger or the union.... oh well

Worldport said:
Nope!! we will have something on paper before the new year and ink it before the end of January. 

Worldport said:
Even with 99% of the 4500 that didn't vote, had they voted NO, it would still have past. Not disappointing at all, the membership has spoken and money talks.  

GREAT JOB  CWA, AND the LUS agents. You're the lone reason that this thing got done.
SOMEONE, ANYONE, who got the breakdowns of the station by station votes, and the NO votes, who has such INFO., if you's post it here, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
(I want to 'sharpen -my - eye ' on the DF + W vote)  !!!!!!!!!!!1

Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with someone's right to vote No - does voting mean your vote only matters if it's the vote you would cast

Are people not allowed to decide for themselves if they want representation or the contract

Did any of you actually see the contract? Yea they went for the money but what did they give up? 4500 not voting sends a bad message throughout the membership.

Lots of outsourcing and the ability to downgrade agents into lower paying CARS jobs.

700UW said:
Lots of outsourcing and the ability to downgrade agents into lower paying CARS jobs.
And I suppose you are for this type of ratification as long as it keeps your beloved AFL-CIO in place?

Back