AA and 2 VPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess no VP's will be getting furloughed with the announced capacity cuts and layoffs.....AA sure does protect the upper class, don't they...

I've got an idea for the twits in Centrepork - get rid of all mechanics and hire their buddies as VPs to do all the work.

... don't forget to sell tickets for the performance. That performance would be the best comedy of the century.

Glad Nason is leaving...

Uh, did you even know Scott?... I do, and he was probably one of the smartest guys at AA before and after Crandall's retirement. People like him and Barbara Amster are why AA is still the industry leader as far as revenue management is concerned.

Goose, I'd love to watch a bunch of AMTs try to run the revenue management desk for a day.

Everyone has their skills and specialties. Just because they're not the same as yours doesn't make them twits.

I'm confused about how the retirement of a VP of Revenue Management would be perceived as "good news" by an employee.

Uh, did you even know Scott?... I do, and he was probably one of the smartest guys at AA before and after Crandall's retirement. People like him and Barbara Amster are why AA is still the industry leader as far as revenue management is concerned.

Uh, I did know Scott, on a professional level. I meet him on a few occasions thru CTL/JLT/and other useless attempts re: labor/management synergies. A "Crandall" pedigree isn't everything.
I think AA will be better served by someone with a new perspective.

... snip

Goose, I'd love to watch a bunch of AMTs try to run the revenue management desk for a day.

Everyone has their skills and specialties. Just because they're not the same as yours doesn't make them twits.

... as if a trade could possibly take place.

How about this scenario - give the cubicle-bound idiots a week's crash (no pun intended) course in aircraft maintenance (structure and airframe) then give some mechanics a week's course in entering data into computers and generating reports for some fool in an office.

As long as the mechanics aren't the ones that totally bought into the "working together" crap, they'll doubtless have enough common sense to do a better job than the people who previously held those positions.

As far as the office-bound are concerned, the type of suction they're used to producing won't keep an airplane in the air nor spin a motor.

A mechanic is a real specialty item - office parasites are not.

Er...do you need a license to run the revenue management desk?

I get paid for my license and signature...Can you say the same for the revenue folks?

How about this scenario - give the cubicle-bound idiots a week's crash (no pun intended) course in aircraft maintenance (structure and airframe) then give some mechanics a week's course in entering data into computers and generating reports for some fool in an office.

As long as the mechanics aren't the ones that totally bought into the "working together" crap, they'll doubtless have enough common sense to do a better job than the people who previously held those positions.

As far as the office-bound are concerned, the type of suction they're used to producing won't keep an airplane in the air nor spin a motor.

Yeah, the aircraft mechanic is a genius :rolleyes: , he/she can do everything better than anyone else :shock: it's just that they choose to be a aircraft mechanic (often for many many years working at a crappy airline). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There probably are some cubicle dwellers who would not be able to keep an airplane in the air even after a 1-year intensive course, just as there are mechs who would have no idea what to do in an office.

Ok, this thread has devolved into another "management is perfect vs. no, workers are" spat. It is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back