AA breaks its silence on labor talks

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well "Beauty", I hate to ruin your day, but I don't think that AA's defined benefit Pension Plan will ever go away.

(allow me to use NW recent action, as an example)

As you know, NW kept/froze the DB plan, and simply farmed out all small-mid size station work, and kept Hubs and mid-large stations. (For AA, think BOS/LGA/JFK/EWR/DCA/MCO/MIA/ORD/STL/DFW/IAH/LAS/LAX/SFO/SJC/SEA only)........................and a scenario like that, is what the "great One", (Uncle) Bobby Crandall "prognosticated" almost 15 years ago.

AA DB plan,..."ain't goin' nowhere" !!
(As I said earlier..BEAUTY....Sorry if I RUINED your day) :rolleyes:
NH/BB's

Donttouch can't help herself. She is truly eaten up with jealousy over the fact she doesn't work for AA.

She should stay at UA. With her attitude, I am sure she will keep sending business our way.

Donttouch can't help herself. She is truly eaten up with jealousy over the fact she doesn't work for AA.

She should stay at UA. With her attitude, I am sure she will keep sending business our way.

AAHHHHH HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA, That is soooo funny.. Actually you couldn't be more wrong. I had many of choices of airlines when I was looking, and growing up in OK TX area you would think that AA would be my first choice, I have relatives that work at CAL and SWA, and grew up with the airline and I hate to say that AA was one of my last choices. I truly didnt feel like flying around on a super 80 all my life, and that was the reality considering you have nearly 400 of them.. I also HATE the mentality of the folks in Dallas .. Not all but most, are well, you know..... I now have a better contract, no pension (but they got dumped a year after i started anyway) so didnt lose much... Better choice of flying, not stuck to domestic, am getting new hires under me left and right, and dont have the reputation that you folks have for the way TWA was handled, My hourly pay rate is not as good as yours, but I would rather have less pay and better work rules.. Just an opinion... Yeah things aren't rosy at any airline right now and UA has its problems, but dont assume that i want to work at AA.. You are dead WRONG...

AAHHHHH HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA, That is soooo funny.. Actually you couldn't be more wrong. I had many of choices of airlines when I was looking, and growing up in OK TX area you would think that AA would be my first choice, I have relatives that work at CAL and SWA, and grew up with the airline and I hate to say that AA was one of my last choices. I truly didnt feel like flying around on a super 80 all my life, and that was the reality considering you have nearly 400 of them.. I also HATE the mentality of the folks in Dallas .. Not all but most, are well, you know..... I now have a better contract, no pension (but they got dumped a year after i started anyway) so didnt lose much... Better choice of flying, not stuck to domestic, am getting new hires under me left and right, and dont have the reputation that you folks have for the way TWA was handled, My hourly pay rate is not as good as yours, but I would rather have less pay and better work rules.. Just an opinion... Yeah things aren't rosy at any airline right now and UA has its problems, but dont assume that i want to work at AA.. You are dead WRONG...

It's obvious that you are pissed off about something.

Blah, blah, blah...

We're happy you're at UA, too. :rolleyes:

Based on her posts here, and elsewhere, it appears she's quite an unhappy person. Because she's miserable, she wants everyone else to be miserable, too.

What a great quality for a flight attendant to have. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, there are a few of those at every airline.

Blah, blah, blah...

We're happy you're at UA, too. :rolleyes:
Based on her posts here, and elsewhere, it appears she's quite an unhappy person. Because she's miserable, she wants everyone else to be miserable, too.

What a great quality for a flight attendant to have. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, there are a few of those at every airline.

She has some excellent points. 1. Work rules offset dollar per hour. This is a concept that has been difficult for the AA f/as to comprehend. It is the reason I made more at TWA before the "substantial" pay raise. 2. The APFA HAD the opportunity to be proactive and look at not only costing out their contract but other airlines to offset mangt. propaganda, but have chosen the head in the sand style of negotiations preparation.

My guess if AA will try and incorporate a "B" scale retirement for future newhires and it won't be a defined benefit plan. I missed my 14% age weighted 401K contribution when we merged. My $99 a month defined benefit payment pays my cable bill..lol

All airlines like to negotiate with the public. They often "add" cost of business $$'s such as layover rooms, benefits, uniforms, et al, and portray the cost as "salary". This is why the unions have to have the real cost of requested CBA changes available as a counter offer. And of course the obscene bonus payments should never be far from ones thoughts.

She has some excellent points. 1. Work rules offset dollar per hour. This is a concept that has been difficult for the AA f/as to comprehend. It is the reason I made more at TWA before the "substantial" pay raise. 2. The APFA HAD the opportunity to be proactive and look at not only costing out their contract but other airlines to offset mangt. propaganda, but have chosen the head in the sand style of negotiations preparation.

My guess if AA will try and incorporate a "B" scale retirement for future newhires and it won't be a defined benefit plan. I missed my 14% age weighted 401K contribution when we merged. My $99 a month defined benefit payment pays my cable bill..lol

All airlines like to negotiate with the public. They often "add" cost of business $$'s such as layover rooms, benefits, uniforms, et al, and portray the cost as "salary". This is why the unions have to have the real cost of requested CBA changes available as a counter offer. And of course the obscene bonus payments should never be far from ones thoughts.

Good points. However, you express them in an intelligent manner. Miss Donttouch simply argues in a typically semi-coherent, rambling manner.

By the way, I don't agree with the standard TWA mantra that the work rules there offset the pay increase you got coming over. Simply because TWA's work rules had become so flexible over time that you were, literally, able to fly every day, does not equate to a pay raise.

Letting me fly more does not equal a pay increase.

Good points. However, you express them in an intelligent manner. Miss Donttouch simply argues in a typically semi-coherent, rambling manner.

By the way, I don't agree with the standard TWA mantra that the work rules there offset the pay increase you got coming over. Simply because TWA's work rules had become so flexible over time that you were, literally, able to fly every day, does not equate to a pay raise.

Letting me fly more does not equal a pay increase.

StrAAight - Seriously maybe you would like to tell me where in this thread i have rambled, from my first post i simply stated I dont think there will be any raises, and they will use the pension as a negotiating tool.. Plain and simple... Also, AA gave up the farm on work rules during givebacks to keep the airline out of BK... That is not a smart move, Pay is easier to recover than work rules Period.. I am sorry that you hold a grudge against me, for what reason i dont know... I hope you do recover it all however and get a raise, and I also hope all the TWA guys and girls get the chance to come back if they wish. Keep me posted once the talks start... I hope you prove me wrong.

StrAAight - Seriously maybe you would like to tell me where in this thread i have rambled, from my first post i simply stated I dont think there will be any raises, and they will use the pension as a negotiating tool.. Plain and simple... Also, AA gave up the farm on work rules during givebacks to keep the airline out of BK... That is not a smart move, Pay is easier to recover than work rules Period.. I am sorry that you hold a grudge against me, for what reason i dont know... I hope you do recover it all however and get a raise, and I also hope all the TWA guys and girls get the chance to come back if they wish. Keep me posted once the talks start... I hope you prove me wrong.

As I attempt to make sense of yet another one of your rambling posts, I can't help but think that you are the type of person who wants to ensure that everybody is more miserable than you.

Perhaps you should spend less time on these boards, and spend more time reading more reputable sources. Your company is in a lot of trouble, Miss Donttouch. Your CEO is actively trying to sell it off to the highest bidder, and, trust me, he doesn't care if he sells it off in pieces, or whether the employees get to go with the sale or not. On some subconscious level, you must know that, and that is why you consistently come to this board to go off on one of your semi-hysterical rants about how AA flight attendants are going to get hosed.

Big deal you got to keep holiday pay. I have my pension which is worth a whole hell of a lot more. You are certainly not making some sort of prophetic revelation that the company will try to add the value of the pension to the total cost package in negotiations. They ALWAYS do things like that. We know that. Personally, I have faith that APFA will give the company a run for its money...alot more faith than I have in your AFA saving your job when UA gets sold off.

Grudge? Hardly. I know your type. You're certainly not worth my emotion.

IMHO...."beauty" does'nt come across any MORE or LESS AArogant, than the rest of us(Certainly starting with me) !

"beauty", for what it's worth, I Understand the points you were making !!

NH/BB's

Everyone in the 'industry' should be 'pissed off'.
But then again, complacency and divisiveness is what the 'company' wants.
Not just AA, but 'AAll' of US.

B) UT

Back