AA Employee Accused of Hitting Woman with Stroller

Do you guys have to compete with other airlines on EVERYTHING? :D

All kidding aside let's look at some items here.
APFA releases a statement via twitter:
Tight schedules
Overcrowded aircraft
Shrinking seats
All of these factors are related to corporate decisions

AIR RAGE HAS BECOME A SERIOUS ISSUE ON OUR FLIGHTS

I think there is a lot we can take away from that.

Now here is the icing on the cake.

Dear Team,

By now many of you have seen the news regarding an unfortunate incident that happened last evening on one of our aircraft prior to departure. Situations like this are not easy for team members or customers, and it is important for us to take responsibility when we don't handle things well. In this case, we accept that responsibility completely. This doesn’t mean we don't support our team members who were involved; it means that we acknowledge we did not put our best foot forward. We are going to gather the facts calmly and treat all team members involved with compassion and in a fair way.

While yesterday’s event was an outlier, it is a reminder that our frontline team members have very tough jobs. Emotions during travel are extraordinarily high. Managing a difficult situation is one of the hardest things all of you do. It is also one of the most important aspects of your jobs. Our job is to support you and make sure our training efforts deliver all the support you need and that there are appropriate steps we can take in real time to help de-escalate these types of incidents. At the end of the day, we are people serving people. And we know our job is to serve all of you so you can take care of our customers. This is more than just one team member; this is also about us making sure we have all of you set up for success by supporting you.

Our team takes care of hundreds of thousands of customers a day. And all of you do a phenomenal job. We are proud of the work you do and appreciate the care you give each other and our customers.

Thank you.

Doug

If Doug and company really gave a damn about our passengers they would not oversell seats on an already overcrowded (with small cramped seats) tuna can.

If Doug and company really gave a damn about the employees he would not allow stations to run with understaffed ground crews.

The crying passenger is no longer part of the story. AA refunded her tickets, gave her some vouchers and put her (and her kids) in First Class for their trip home to EZE. The hothead flight attendant, on the other hand . . .

Parker said this to employees:

The crying passenger is no longer part of the story? Not true, this just out and she contacted the attorney, it's not a case that this attorney contacted her, so she is still part of the story...

Lawyer of United passenger who was dragged now represents ...

Sorry, but if I were the FA, I would sue the passenger who threatened me. And, if AA took any action against me, I would sue them for allowing a hostile work environment by not removing a potential threat.

All the blather and stress of cramming the flying public, voluntarily I might add, in smaller seats pitched to make even the Little Women peevish makes me recall AA's "More Room Throughout Coach" program that the public rejected. It cost much more to market that failed venture then it did to remove and repitch seats but still the public speaks with their wallets and nothing more. The airlines are far from perfect but these supposed victim passenger incursions should'nt receive ten times the coverage of an assaulted crew member.

Sorry, but if I were the FA, I would sue the passenger who threatened me. And, if AA took any action against me, I would sue them for allowing a hostile work environment by not removing a potential threat.

Well sure, but it's not like that the FA was behaving like an altar boy either.
He may have a case of keeping his job though, as somebody, perhaps several other AA employees failed in checking the stroller before the woman got to the point where the FA had to intervene.

What I'd like to know, if the eyewitness account to GMA several posts above is accurate, how that lady was allowed to get on board with not just the strollers but also the luggage she was carrying? That backpack ("bag") should have been checked, no? WTF?

Last edited:
I too noticed the no tears and of course the "drama" crying. And now after reading another passengers side of the story it sounds as if this may get all turned around at least a little if the story is true. Even if the drama passenger sort of brought all this on I still think the male passenger should have been removed at a minimum. Could it be just another passenger looking for $$$. We will see soon. Wonder if any attorneys were on board and are bum rushing the lady to represent her. I really hope this is not the beginning of something going forward, please God no.

The video doesn't show the entire story (either because only a portion of the story was recorded or the video edited to fit a narrative).

But reading about the incident, it looks to me that the passenger may be used to getting her way - that is getting on board with the strollers, baggage, etc. Afterall, who wants to hassle an innocent mommy? And if she's a foreigner, doesn't surprise me that she would be used to playing games with stupid Americans.

At the same time, the FA, if he's actually grabbing / pushing and shoving / the stroller out of her hands handled the situation very poorly. The male passenger, well having just seen the FAs actions and not being aware of the entire chain of events, was correct to speak up, but should not have threatened the crew.

Don't know from the video why the captain seemed to be just standing by and not act.

I'm not sure which video is worse. Clearly, the UA pax was arguing and needed to be removed, but it wasn't airline employees dragging him. On AA, you clearly have people standing back as spectators...

That FA or Agent who didn't remain calm when the male passenger challenged could be in serious trouble employment wise? He should NOT have challenged the passenger to hit him since that is inciting violence and could have led to an altercation placing other people's safety at risk.

and i always thought that only fscs were millionaires and tough guys.

the knight coming to her emotional rescue was surely looking to impress her and maybe get some trim. i hope aa holds firm on this, the public is behind aa on this one.

Well, I'll be . . .

You're right. She wants a payday.

Yup. Saw that one coming. I hope other passengers come forward, tell the truth and see what happens. She may get sent packing if some of the passengers saw it differently.