Aa Moves To Dfw Terminal D Oct 29

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
article

American Airlines' international flights will operate from 19 of the new terminal's 28 gates. American Eagle also has an agreement to use additional gates when they are not in use by foreign flag carriers. American Airlines and American Eagle will serve 32 international destinations from International Terminal D.

article

American will operate 78 flights a day on its first day of service from International Terminal D, including all international flights and some domestic flights whose aircraft are routed to or from international flights. Eventually, American plans to operate a total of 114 flights a day from the new terminal.

This will free up alot of gate space in old 2E. Sorry I dont know what they call it now.

FA Mikey said:
article

American Airlines' international flights will operate from 19 of the new terminal's 28 gates. American Eagle also has an agreement to use additional gates when they are not in use by foreign flag carriers. American Airlines and American Eagle will serve 32 international destinations from International Terminal D.
article
American will operate 78 flights a day on its first day of service from International Terminal D, including all international flights and some domestic flights whose aircraft are routed to or from international flights. Eventually, American plans to operate a total of 114 flights a day from the new terminal.
This will free up alot of gate space in old 2E. Sorry I dont know what they call it now.
[post="306138"][/post]​

The old 2E is now the A terminal. No, there won't be any extra gates at all, AA is closing A9-A16 and C30-C39.

FA Mikey said:
What is the reason for closing those gates?
[post="306151"][/post]​

Well, there not really being closed per say, there just not going to be used or be manned anymore, maybe only during a OSO or such.

There just isn't enough flights to justify the manpower and cost of keeping them open right now with a lot of flights moving over to D.

DFWFSC said:
Well, there not really being closed per say, there just not going to be used or be manned anymore, maybe only during a OSO or such.

There just isn't enough flights to justify the manpower and cost of keeping them open right now with a lot of flights moving over to D.
[post="306158"][/post]​

Or to put it another way Terminal D is not needed and a waste of $

mrman said:
Or to put it another way Terminal D is not needed and a waste of $
[post="306209"][/post]​

Actually Terminal D allows for Customs and INS to be housed in the same facility, rather than in Terminals A, B and E. Savings for the government. Not for AA.

DFWFSC said:
The old 2E is now the A terminal. No, there won't be any extra gates at all, AA is closing A9-A16 and C30-C39.
[post="306143"][/post]​

According to Customer Service Manager (I think that is her title) at DFW that I talked with tonight, there are NO gates "closing." A9-A16 are going to be used by AE. At one point they had hoped to close C35-C39--you know the ones down that odd ramp--but that closure is on indefinite hold now.

Eagle will be adding gates in Terminal A temporarily, which allows closing down of the 1E satellite. Eventually, Eagle is supposed to take over all of Terminal B.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Eagle will be adding gates in Terminal A temporarily, which allows closing down of the 1E satellite. Eventually, Eagle is supposed to take over all of Terminal B.
[post="307047"][/post]​

This is true. Auto maint is expected to move to the old eagle satellite term. This is to be done mainly to keep a LLC from setting up operations there. It wouldn't take much for Spirit Air to put in a parking lot baggage claim and a few TSA stations and BINGO instant exclusive terminal.
An aside reason to closing gates in terms A & C is the fact that the baggage system cannot handle the volumne. I worked in C bagroom for @ 12yrs. We told them their new system wouldn't work well. You know mgnt. never listen to those who do the job. They only believed, we wanted to save jobs and didn't take us seriously. They ram rodded it in at a cost of tens of millions of $. They were convinced they could cut heads. Well, yes they did cut heads in the bagroom on the 1st bid, then added and added and added. There is now more people in the C bgrm then ever. There are so many breakdowns extra people are brought in just to manually run bags that the system Fxs up. It would relly be funny if we weren't losing so much money.
So in all its (mngt) wisdom what do they do. they promoted the bgrm mgr to head the bgrm project in the D Terminal.
Ooooh Boy! Look out. Good luck if you're going thru "D" on Oct 29th.

I don't get it, or maybe I do???

According to Facility Maintenance guys working on the problem with the baggage system, it will be months before they actually have the system fully functional. They have relayed this many times to the higher ups, but here we go with a grand opening Denver style. :up:

I am also told that Fleet Service can expect unlimited OT to sort the bags at the gates if need be from this soon to be nightmare. :up:

Back