AA Ramp Day Trade Policy

Ramp Rogue

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
When you trade your shift away at AA, do you have to pay the person that you traded with back a day?  At US, whomever works gets paid. We don't have to work a day in return for the day that we traded away. This way we are allowed to make extra money without working overtime. How is it done at AA?

Ramp Rogue said:
When you trade your shift away at AA, do you have to pay the person that you traded with back a day?  At US, whomever works gets paid. We don't have to work a day in return for the day that we traded away. This way we are allowed to make extra money without working overtime. How is it done at AA?
I don't pick up or give away anything, but if someone is giving away a shift that has less than a 15 min. overlap (i.e 14:00 start time your shift and the shift your agree to CSW is 14:15 then its ok), but smaller stations have a smaller pool of clerks thus you could pick up up to 16 hours a day and the can't touch ya. It also helps and really PO them off because if the see that you are getting off at a time period, you just tell them sorry you cant extend me I picked up the next shift. You do not have to pay back a shift.

The only thing to look out for is that there's a cap on how much of your shift you can give away without picking up other shifts. Used to be 50% measured over six months; not sure if that changed with all the restructuring or not. Exceed the cap, and you can lose your trading privileges.

I'm sure Delta somehow does it better...

Ramp Rogue said:
What you are really doing is working overtime for straight time pay. Its done the same at AA. 

eolesen said:
The only thing to look out for is that there's a cap on how much of your shift you can give away without picking up other shifts. Used to be 50% measured over six months; not sure if that changed with all the restructuring or not. Exceed the cap, and you can lose your trading privileges.I'm sure Delta somehow does it better...
That's still how it is and you can work as little as 20 hrs per week average in a six month period.

Back