Aa To Buy Ua

LiveInAHotel said:
This will never happen! The only way it could possibly happen is if the airlines decide to consolidate.

No UAL/US merger and they think UAL/AA is a good idea? HA! :down:
[post="171261"][/post]​

i like the "hope is on the way" excellent. :up:

Maybe not AA but how about Virgin Atlantic?? Isn't Branson sitting in the wings waiting for a presence in the USA? If Virgin Atlantic buys UA, UA employees would probably keep their jobs for the most part.

novaqt said:
Maybe not AA but how about Virgin Atlantic?? Isn't Branson sitting in the wings waiting for a presence in the USA? If Virgin Atlantic buys UA, UA employees would probably keep their jobs for the most part.
[post="171514"][/post]​
Look, a lot of UA folks ARE going to keep their jobs....period. We are moving 230,000 people a day....thats not chump change nor is that being overlooked. They're all kinds of antagonists and buzzards circling the boards, and opinions from so-called experts who don't know jack sh*t. BUT, YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE THE SAME JOB YOU HAVE NOW. I say that in the context that your current contracts will probably not exist in present form. I say that for everyone from pilots on down. The question is WHO will stay and who will leave. My money is on that most will b*tch, but in the end, most will stay and slug it out. The bad part is that I know the pilots can fly hard, I know f/a's will grind it out and the mechs and gang will keep it all going....but our management and leadership is just about as bad as it can get. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever change.

Now this is Sunday morning which is a busy morning ya know....where else can you find that "can't lose" investment scheme, buy a machine that will give you that "ultimate" body and get "right" with God in only a few short hours...America really does have it right :up:

novaqt said:
[post="171514"][/post]​

As you know there is a limit to foreign investment into a US airline. That is one of the reasons Branson is still not operating. So any thoughts that he might be buying UA is just a dream.

The only airline AA is likely to acquire is US and that would be solely to get a carrier out of the Caribbean. Never mind that umpteen LCCs would show up in their place.

WorldTraveler said:
The only airline AA is likely to acquire is US and that would be solely to get a carrier out of the Caribbean. Never mind that umpteen LCCs would show up in their place.
[post="171599"][/post]​

I don’t even think they would be able to acquire US. And this is not based on any financial ground. It is more an anti-trust issue. They would start to monopolize the industry.

The Ronin said:
Look, a lot of UA folks ARE going to keep their jobs....period. We are moving 230,000 people a day....thats not chump change nor is that being overlooked. They're all kinds of antagonists and buzzards circling the boards, and opinions from so-called experts who don't know jack sh*t. BUT, YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE THE SAME JOB YOU HAVE NOW. I say that in the context that your current contracts will probably not exist in present form. I say that for everyone from pilots on down. The question is WHO will stay and who will leave. My money is on that most will b*tch, but in the end, most will stay and slug it out. The bad part is that I know the pilots can fly hard, I know f/a's will grind it out and the mechs and gang will keep it all going....but our management and leadership is just about as bad as it can get. Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever change.

[post="171528"][/post]​

Oh my God, Ronin! You're startin' to sound like an optimist! :up: I didn't think you had it in ya!

This is SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY, AA aquiring UAL. IN YOUR DREAMS!!! :blink:

Ronin,

Your moving 230K a day but at what loss???? 3Q should be VERY interesting at UAL with oil hitting $50 bucks a barrel by then. And no BK settlement on the near horizon. I bet my boss that the UAL hangar in DEN will be let go by mid OCT and that you can see possible luquidation of assets by the end of the year. :up:

mrfish3726 said:

Ronin,

Your moving 230K a day but at what loss???? 3Q should be VERY interesting at UAL with oil hitting $50 bucks a barrel by then. And no BK settlement on the near horizon. I bet my boss that the UAL hangar in DEN will be let go by mid OCT and that you can see possible luquidation of assets by the end of the year. :up:
[post="171800"][/post]​

MrFish,

Your posts have certainly been factual (to a point) and entertaining (somewhat), but you elation at the thought of your ‘ex’ co-workers and friends(?) getting screwed does not bode well on your character.

Take Care,
B) UT

UAL_TECH,

The worst decision I EVER made in my aviation career was to take a job with UAL. All the folks that I met there, and enjoyed a friendship with are already on the street (most with 10+ YRS). I left on my own accord, because I got tired of UAL HELL. If you took a pole on who will and who won't make it in the near future, UAL will be second on the list next to USAIR. It's nothing personal, no one wishes for anyone to loose a job. If you want to continually get screwed by UAL management that is your choice. I would like nothing better than to see someone come in and clean house at UAL, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. So if they liquidate, don't blame the folks that kept telling everyone, SEE WE TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :shock:

mrfish3726 said:
UAL_TECH,

The worst decision I EVER made in my aviation career was to take a job with UAL. All the folks that I met there, and enjoyed a friendship with are already on the street (most with 10+ YRS). I left on my own accord, because I got tired of UAL HELL. If you took a pole on who will and who won't make it in the near future, UAL will be second on the list next to USAIR. It's nothing personal, no one wishes for anyone to loose a job. If you want to continually get screwed by UAL management that is your choice. I would like nothing better than to see someone come in and clean house at UAL, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. So if they liquidate, don't blame the folks that kept telling everyone, SEE WE TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :shock:
[post="171810"][/post]​

Oh goody, another liar on the board. Just today you said you were hired in the "late 90's"....but now you say your buddies of 10 years were furloughed but that you left on your on accord???? Right! I'm sorry that it hurt you so deeply to be employed by United, hope you get some therapy and recover. The rest of us will try to make United become the most successful airline today despite your desires otherwise. <hands a shot of Jack to the stinky fish boy>

***** see avatar ******

Your childhood dream of being a Fly Girl will be over real soon, and thanX for the JACK :up: You've been snipping a few yourself. I had 6 yrs at UAL when I walked before they closed the INDY maintenance center. And friends I made there were the ones that got screwed first (10+). Your fixing to get screwed for a second time, then it will all be a dream. But then again remeber what you said a few threads back, that you really don't need the job anyway.

mrfish3726 said:

Ronin,

[post="171800"][/post]​

What a friggen joke. Let's review one more time for the ill-informed (that's you fish...).

2nd quarter. UAL OPERATING PROFIT, FRNT 3.5% OPERATING LOSS
Fuel as a Percent of Operating Cost: FRNT>UAL
Depreciation as a Percent of operating cost UAL>FRNT (big time)
Other operating cost: UAL Decreasing, FRNT just gave pilots a raise (still lower employee cost though.... Found cheapa$$ labor from the ranks of UAL has beens...)
YOY RASM: UAL going UP, FRNT GOING DOWN (10% for July..., the collapse continues....)

You and your boss would be best to get the number to that truck driving school...
Pitched any Chocks lately? :rolleyes:

Back