Abject Surrender In Dead Of Night

As I recall, Reagan hit Libya and missed as well? So what?

Presidents authorize an attack suggested and planned by the military. The success or failure of the operation depends on the inteligence and execution of the forces sent. Clinton is no more responsible for the aspirin factory than Reagan was for the hospital (IIRC) in Grenada or Carter was for the fiasco in Iran.

Grenada? Really? You want to include that as things to be proud of? A boy Scout troop could have gone in and conquered Grenada.

Panama? See above

The first Gulf war was a relative success combat wise although had the conservative republicans had it their way, Bush would have gone all the way and it would have been a cluster phuck of massive proportions as we have to day.

I would argue that the failures Iraq II and Afghanistan are just as enlightening about republican warfare as are the success.

Do some checking Dude.....six 'Boy Scouts' gave it up in Grenada and these guys at your cake walk in Panama:

Panama cake walk.........

Presidents authorize an attack suggested and planned by the military. The success or failure of the operation depends on the inteligence and execution of the forces sent. Clinton is no more responsible for the aspirin factory than Reagan was for the hospital (IIRC) in Grenada or Carter was for the fiasco in Iran.

Grenada? Really? You want to include that as things to be proud of? A boy Scout troop could have gone in and conquered Grenada.

Panama? See above

The first Gulf war was a relative success combat wise although had the conservative republicans had it their way, Bush would have gone all the way and it would have been a cluster phuck of massive proportions as we have to day.

I would argue that the failures Iraq II and Afghanistan are just as enlightening about republican warfare as are the success.
Why don't you tell a Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or God help you a Marine that they failed their objectives?

Let me know how it goes

The soldiers just follow the orders given to them. They are not responsible for the failure or success of a plan, just the execution. I'd me more than happy to tell the nimrods in charge that they failed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Do some checking Dude.....six 'Boy Scouts' gave it up in Grenada and these guys at your cake walk in Panama:

Panama cake walk.........

Dell,

You know exactly what I meant. Grenada and Panama are not exactly world forces. Do they even have a navy or Air Force? That's like George Forman taking on a 1st grade class. Sure he might get a few scratches but we all know who wins that fight.

Was there a question of who's forces would be victorious in Grenada or Panama? Did anyone put money down on them and win?

I wonder if anyone was tired of Rumsfeld's military? I mean they went into combat with insufficient armor and a piss poor battle plan for after the occupation. I guess that is all fine and dandy as "you fight with the army you have, not the army you want". I wonder what the army he wants looks like?

I am so surprised to see a military person against a liberal politician. Military tend to have a conservative mind set. Not exactly surprising.

Is W/Cheney going to be invited to this treason hearing of yours or is this just a one party lynch mob?

OH hell, lets just vote in the Libertarians. Not like any of them can be corrupted by power like 'normal' humans.

We don't have the money ,end of story.

All of you hawks will have to learn to live with less. Economic considerations are now priority number one

Panama? See above

You, like Nobama, need to get your stock straight before you peddle your wares !

It was Bush who decided not to pursue Saddam into Iraq! If Schwarzkopf had had his way, we wouldn't have gone to Iraq the second time ,as he would have finish his business while there !

You, like Nobama, need to get your stock straight before you peddle your wares !

It was Bush who decided not to pursue Saddam into Iraq! If Schwarzkopf had had his way, we wouldn't have gone to Iraq the second time ,as he would have finish his business while there !

That's what I said. Bush did not go but most of the hard core conservatives wanted him to go all the way to Baghdad.

You go ahead and talk it over with Bush 41. According to an interview he gave, the coalition was based on the fact that the US would not occupy Iraq and would not pursue Sadam. According to Bush 41, had the US violated that agreement, the coalition would have evaporated and we would have been stuck in the situation that Bush 44 got us into.

On the 70th anniversary of the Russian invasion Poland the Obama administration celebrated by throwing Poland under the bus.

Obama is being a master of appeasement

I am suprised to see this from you, Freedom4all. On countless occassions you have criticized Obama for being weak or doing little in the face of Iran's nuclear ambitions. Yet, here, you again criticize him for the decision to more aptly respond to any Iranian nuclear threats. One of my favorite quotes (or use of pictures) of yours regarding this situation is below. Isn't Obama putting in place the measures to defend against and do what you wanted in these pictures???

On May 20, 2009 you posted this:

TEHRAN (Reuters) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Wednesday Iran had tested a missile that defense analysts say could hit Israel and U.S. bases in the Gulf; a move likely to fuel Western concern about Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

2659603879_19b1f1a273.jpg

Disclaimer: Not real photo

What should be the appropriate response?
coyote.jpg

I am suprised to see this from you, Freedom4all. On countless occassions you have criticized Obama for being weak or doing little in the face of Iran's nuclear ambitions. Yet, here, you again criticize him for the decision to more aptly respond to any Iranian nuclear threats. One of my favorite quotes (or use of pictures) of yours regarding this situation is below. Isn't Obama putting in place the measures to defend against and do what you wanted in these pictures???

On May 20, 2009 you posted this:

More aptly respond? That's a fantasy. In itself.

Consider this if you will...http://www.heritage.org/33-minutes/

More aptly respond? That's a fantasy. In itself.

Consider this if you will...http://www.heritage.org/33-minutes/

If that is your response (33 minutes), then why do you even care about the missle defense system in eastern Europe? If that is the case, then you should be happy that he is no longer wasting the money that Bush planned for the "fantasy" missle defense system in Poland. With all the complaining (rightfully so) that you do about government spending, I am shocked that you don't have a tingling feeling in the leg about what amounts to a major cut in spending.

If that is your response (33 minutes), then why do you even care about the missle defense system in eastern Europe? If that is the case, then you should be happy that he is no longer wasting the money that Bush planned for the "fantasy" missle defense system in Poland. With all the complaining (rightfully so) that you do about government spending, I am shocked that you don't have a tingling feeling in the leg about what amounts to a major cut in spending.

In case you haven't been noticing there are those still hell bent on our destruction, despite what Obambi tells you. Have we gained anymore respect in the world? No. We are now looked upon as weak and ineffective.

One thing you cannot cut spending on is defense. But Obama no thinks that he has set a reset button, however the rest of world is just laughing at the inexperienced amateurish idiot. He's out of his league.

How amateur is he with foreign policy?

How about reciprocity...Russian style!
Russia's top general said on Monday that plans to deploy missiles in an enclave next to Poland had not been shelved, despite a decision by the United States to rethink plans for missile defense in Europe.

President Barack Obama's decision to scrap a land-based missile defense system has been welcomed by Russia, which had threatened to deploy short-range Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad if the United States refused to drop the plans.

When asked about the matter on Monday, the chief of Russia's general staff, Nikolai Makarov, said: "There has been no such decision. It should be a political decision. It should be made by the president."

"They (the Americans) have not given up the anti-missile shield; they have replaced it with a sea-based component," Makarov told reporters on a plane from Moscow to Zurich.

at the same time...

Barack Obama ready to slash US nuclear arsenal
Barack Obama has demanded the Pentagon conduct a radical review of US nuclear weapons doctrine to prepare the way for deep cuts in the country's arsenal, the Guardian can reveal.

'A multilateral process in which weapons states agree to radical disarmament': Julian Borger Link to this audio

Obama has rejected the Pentagon's first draft of the "nuclear posture review" as being too timid, and has called for a range of more far-reaching options consistent with his goal of eventually abolishing nuclear weapons altogether, according to European officials.

Those options include:

• Reconfiguring the US nuclear force to allow for an arsenal measured in hundreds rather than thousands of deployed strategic warheads.

• Redrafting nuclear doctrine to narrow the range of conditions under which the US would use nuclear weapons.

• Exploring ways of guaranteeing the future reliability of nuclear weapons without testing or producing a new generation of warheads.

How stupid is he?
Wait, don't answer that.
The answer is obvious.

One thing you cannot cut spending on is defense.

Then why did you say it was a "fantasy" to aptly respond to a nuclear attack? I agree that I don't want to see defense cuts, but I think you are contradicting yourself. Also, you have, on numerous occasions, decried the nuclear abilities of Iran. The President has noted that the changes will help defend against Iranian Nuclear capabilities, including short range missile attacks. Perhaps this would help defend certain of our interests in the middle east region as well as the mainland.

In case you haven't been noticing there are those still hell bent on our destruction, despite what Obambi tells you

I understand that. I also notice that you understand that as well, as you certainly have complained about the USA's response to certain Nuclear tests. Strangely enough, most of your complaints in this regard have been about Iranian nukes. Looks like you agree with Obambi more than you think. The fact of the matter is that just 4 months ago you were explaining, through the use of pictures, what Obama SHOULD do in response to Iran. And now he is demonstrating that he wants to create a plan that will help effectuate that method, and yet you now say he is wrong.

Then why did you say it was a "fantasy" to aptly respond to a nuclear attack? I agree that I don't want to see defense cuts, but I think you are contradicting yourself. Also, you have, on numerous occasions, decried the nuclear abilities of Iran. The President has noted that the changes will help defend against Iranian Nuclear capabilities, both long and short range missile attacks. Perhaps this would help defend certain of our interests in the middle east region.

I understand that. I also notice that you understand that as well, as you certainly have complained about the USA's response to certain Nuclear tests. Strangely enough, most of your complaints in this regard has been about Iran. Looks like you agree with Obambi more than you think.

Twisting words around to somehow show some logic doesnt really work. Its rather obvious actually.

BTW, you may want to consider this...

Analysis: Why everyone is saying no to Obama
Everybody is saying no to the American president these days. And it's not just that they're saying no, it's also the way they're saying no.

The Saudis twice said no to his request for normalization gestures towards Israel (at Barack Obama's meeting with King Abdullah in Saudi Arabia, and in Washington at meetings with Hillary Clinton). Who says no to the American president twice? What must they think of Obama in the desert kingdom?

The North Koreans said no to repeated attempts at talks, by test-launching long-range missiles in April.

Russia and China keep on saying no to tougher sanctions on Iran.

The Iranians keep saying no to offers of talks by saying they're willing to talk about everything except a halt to uranium enrichment.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is saying no by refusing to meet with Binyamin Netanyahu until Israel freezes all settlement construction.

The Israelis said no by refusing to agree to a settlement freeze, or even a settlement moratorium until and unless the Arabs ante up their normalization gestures. Which brings us back to the original Saudi no.

The only thing Obama did manage to get Bibi and Abbas to say yes to is a photo-op at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in NY. Mazel tov.

Back