Accident at Detroit Metro

Can't really blame this one on the scabs or NWA, shuttle bus was probably operated by the airport authority, and the 9 was parked at the gate. I would guess blame goes to the person driving the bus.

Can't really blame this one on the scabs or NWA, shuttle bus was probably operated by the airport authority, and the 9 was parked at the gate. I would guess blame goes to the person driving the bus.

OK so the bus "probably" was operated by other personel. NW personel also drive buses so perhaps it was operated by NW personel.

Regardless of who was driving the bus the passengers paid the price for this mess. Yet another NW mess!

Are the injured passengers OK?

Is the airplane being repaired? If so what damage was done and who is performing the repair?

I saw some pictures of this, this evening on dudes camera phone. The bus had turned out of the zipper road to let another bus pass. The L/H Aft Nav light on the 9 centered the right windshield on the bus. From the looks of the pictures I doubt the bus was traveling more than five mph. I didn't hear of any injuries to any Pax's and if there are claims of injury they are faking it. From the pictures it was not a hard hit at all. There is serious damage to the aircraft wing tip and the aileron, that is figuratively speaking now. A one-inch rip and some minor buckling on an aileron is serious to an aircraft. Just looking at it though you would think, “that isn't so badâ€￾. As far as the bus goes it looks as if only the right windshield was smashed.

I didn't hear of any injuries to any Pax's and if there are claims of injury they are faking it.
So now your a Medical Doctor as well? :lol:

From the pictures it was not a hard hit at all. There is serious damage to the aircraft wing tip and the aileron, that is figuratively speaking now. A one-inch rip and some minor buckling on an aileron is serious to an aircraft. Just looking at it though you would think, “that isn't so badâ€￾.
So then you should be able to throw some red tape at it and defer huh?

We all know what an expert you are at that. :up:

So now your a Medical Doctor as well? :lol:
So then you should be able to throw some red tape at it and defer huh?

We all know what an expert you are at that. :up:

There seems to be a conflict among reports on this topic.

www.clickondetroit.com published a story which indicated that there were several injured passengers on the damaged airplane. This is in apparent conflict with PTO's claim.
I'm not sure if PTO's source for the injury report was a MD, the press or airline personel.

Let me be the first person to tell you that I do not hold an A&P license. I do however respect the skilled personel required for such a vital repair. One of the reasons that I no longer fly NW is that I don't trust NW to staff the appropriate personel in a/c maint. While I'm on that subject, the other reasons I don't fly NW is that I no longer feel that their flight schedule has integrity and I resent the mess NW executives have created for my community (which includes locked out a/c mechanics).

Somewhere in Eagan,MN there is a corner office that smells like fish and is HQ for a terrible CEO.

One of the reasons that I no longer fly NW is that I don't trust NW to staff the appropriate personel in a/c maint.
Very wise choice Necro, you just never know what to expect next from NorthWorst.

There seems to be a conflict among reports on this topic.

www.clickondetroit.com published a story which indicated that there were several injured passengers on the damaged airplane. This is in apparent conflict with PTO's claim.
I'm not sure if PTO's source for the injury report was a MD, the press or airline personel.
Have'nt you heard? PTO is in the know, he has many sources and connections, just ask him. :lol:

you keep talking about how ignorant these other posters are you scab, I believe it is you PTO that is very ignorant. You sure seem to be a know it all. That bus accident, well I dont know how hard it is for someone to miss a wing tip of a DC9

Ahhhh, I think he was talking about the bus driver there, PhxMama. Why don't you guys tell her how stupid she was for looking at the on coming bus and not paying attention to the aircraft to her right side? The driver would be sitting at about eye level with the trailing edge of the wing, it is a low profile wing. Of course there is that bright white light glaring you in the face. I am sure she was terminated so she has all the time in the world for you guys to tell her how stupid she was for not seeing that wing tip.

Ahhhh, I think he was talking about the bus driver there, PhxMama. Why don't you guys tell her how stupid she was for looking at the on coming bus and not paying attention to the aircraft to her right side? The driver would be sitting at about eye level with the trailing edge of the wing, it is a low profile wing. Of course there is that bright white light glaring you in the face. I am sure she was terminated so she has all the time in the world for you guys to tell her how stupid she was for not seeing that wing tip.
There is no excuse.....! when you are unsure, you should stop and reacess the sitiuation. If your moving in and around aircraft (fixed wing) you should have a basic understanding that it has WINGS, And they tend to extend in a 90 degree angle for some distance away from that big cylindrical part called the fuselage.

Are you guys really this ignorant or are you just taking the opportunity to rib Northwest? I am leaning towards the ignorant side myself, but if its just ribbing correct me if I am wrong.

Q: Am I just ribbing you?

A: No!

I have cited the source of my information for matters of verification.

As for chosing a different airline on US/Asia and domestic routes, you must understand that I am the customer and this is my choice. I've been stranded in Tokyo before and NW wasn't very good about dealing with the problem. Currently the level of flight and schedule integrity are a huge concern to me. These are not distant issues to me since I have to depend on airlines for my earnings.

On US/Asia routes I've found EVA Airlines to be a much higher quality experience for the passenger. Even though I have to link up in other cities, I feel much better about my flights and ontime performance. NW drove to to trying other airlines.