AFA Labor Thread Aug 27- Union Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Middle of the road here. Not senior, or in the "Cartel", sorry. Just proving, we can get a joint contract and be happy without pilots, with the both of best contracts, East and West, and better Rest Provisions put in place. By the way, I don't fly Hawaii. I prefer ABQ or BOI. :up:

Just proving, we can get a joint contract and be happy without pilots, with the both of best contracts, East and West, and better Rest Provisions put in place.

In all due respect, what you have proved is that as a work group we are better off having the east negotiate the next CBA. You have not proved that we'd be better off splitting from the pilots. If so, you would have changed some minds here. I'm willing to bet that there are more "easties" who have worked under both types of work rules than there are "westies" who have. So, in all of the years I've worked here and listened to the pros and cons of both, I choose to defer to the collective wisdom of those who know both sides of the coin from experience, rather than listen to some chew the fat while deriding a system that they have very little knowledge of and insight into. But that's me.

ebwgs, I respect your opinion, and you have very valid points. I hope we can reach a joint contract sooner than later, and without waiting for the pilots.
I applaud your service all these years, and experience. Thank You. :up:

ebwgs, I respect your opinion, and you have very valid points. I hope we can reach a joint contract sooner than later, and without waiting for the pilots.
I applaud your service all these years, and experience. Thank You. :up:

Thank you WCT. And the same to you! :up:

Actually..... if you read last Dec. 08 or maybe Jan. 09 e-line about the ''Scheduling Section Proposal" it was originally suggested to stay with the pilots, but STILL have ability for people who want to do "high credit" domestic turns/out & backs to be able to do so. So either way I can forsee US having them in the new contract. As long as we have the right protections to prevent major abuse then I think it will be fine. Out here in PHX we don't have the protections and limitations so we have long/multi leg days.... but a majority of the pairings that are multi leg/long day look no different than the PHL/CLT/DCA/LGA/BOS pairings that go up and down the east coast some of our worst days as far as long days and multi legs look very comparable to e190 pairings. I just hope they can and it seems like there doing a great job @ making sure there is something for everyone as far as the turns go. M2 is outdated and I truly believe that if our union team can all come up with something that protects US, we'll be just fine.

Cracks me up that people are "afraid" (their words on the line, not mine) to split from the pilots, and we don't even have any sort of tentative information in our hands, aside from the last MF MEC E-line.

Only at USAir, America's largest regional major airline.

Cracks me up that people are "afraid" (their words on the line, not mine) to split from the pilots, and we don't even have any sort of tentative information in our hands, aside from the last MF MEC E-line.

Unreal. Only at USAir, America's largest regional major airline.

I'm not afraid.

Never have been.

But I'm one of the few that digs their heels in the ground and refuses to violate my contract or the FAR's and walks off the plane. I'm not wishy-washy.

But there are those who need the back up of the pilots. And if the pilots walk off.....the rest of the crew walks off. And I've run into a few pilots who are trying to push the envelope and I've still walked off.

But that's just me.

And I don't think anyone is really afraid to split from the pilots............I think they don't want to for any number of reasons. Some of which have been mentioned on this board.

And taunting those that disagree with you doesn't work well either.

Why don't we just agree to disagree.........and leave the childish taunts on the playground where they belong.??

I'm not afraid.

And I don't think anyone is really afraid to split from the pilots........

Start asking around. You will get replies of, "I don't know my contract well enough", or "but I was Piedmont, and they abused us when we were separate!". Reason which have no bearing at todays negotiating table.

....I think they don't want to for any number of reasons. Some of which have been mentioned on this board.

"Because the company won't honor the contract" is the defense I hear on here, which is totally unfounded. The Company will not circumvent negotiated work rules, and you know it. Fear mongering.

I don't know why I'm bothering. If we are handed a tentative in which we are split from the pilots, it will pass as long as it has a pay raise and more vacation. The "year round" blockholders won't even look at the reserve section or much else. If we don't split, I don't think we will have to worry for a really long time. So, let's jump in and embrace the current "working agreement".

I still would love to know how many other MAJOR airlines, with much more complex networks and flying, are able to work, day in day out, and enjoy a selection of very productive trips, all while their work rules and negotiated duty days, rigs, etc, are honored.

Wow.....who says the "other major" airlines "honor their contracts? Hmm? And if they do, what does that have to do with US, who doesn't?? We have a stack of contract violations waiting to be heard by the less than expeditious grievance board.

I'm not sure what universe you've living in but the company violates our contract on a daily basis. They do every thing in their power to hoo-doo f/a's and pilots into violating our work rules. Not too mention FAR's. I'm astounded the FAA hasn't crawled up their ***** and made a nest over it.

Let's just wait and see what they come up with.

Because the company won't honor the contract" is the defense I hear on here, which is totally unfounded. The Company will not circumvent negotiated work rules, and you know it. Fear mongering.

WHAT? They do it daily, especially at the end of the month, when a RSV is trying to get a meager wage and perhaps, just for once, break guarantee. :down: We have prime examples of the company "circumventing" rules daily...

WHAT? They do it daily, especially at the end of the month, when a RSV is trying to get a meager wage and perhaps, just for once, break guarantee. :down:

What? Could you explain this?

Bottom line is this: If you negotiate solid work rules in a contract, and a flight attendant knows and learns those work rules, you are protected. The only way the company can circumvent those work rules is with a flight attendant crew that does not know their contract. Works at every other separated airline, everyday.

Start asking around. You will get replies of, "I don't know my contract well enough", or "but I was Piedmont, and they abused us when we were separate!". Reason which have no bearing at todays negotiating table.

"Because the company won't honor the contract" is the defense I hear on here, which is totally unfounded.

Wow. You really don't believe that do you? Please do some grievance research before you try to sell that notion outside of these boards. If you think that the company will not violate our contract at it's whim and caprice to satisfy their ends, then you are either closet management posing on here as a line flight attendant, or a full grown Christmas romantic awaiting Santa Claus to descend your chimney bearing gifts. The constant disregard of our contract by the company is not just a business means to justify a corporate end, but, apparently is also a blood sport to boot. And, frankly, I can't blame them for trying. But I do blame us for not standing up.

Preserve the "Me-Too."

Status
Not open for further replies.