Air France KLM, Delta, Alitalia offer concessions to settle EU probe

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/21/us-eu-airlines-antitrust-idUSKCN0IA0Y020141021

(Reuters) - Skyteam alliance partners Air France KLM, Delta Air Lines and Alitalia have offered to give up slots at three airports and made other concessions to try to settle an EU antitrust investigation, the European Commission said on Tuesday.

The carriers found themselves in the Commission's sights in January 2012, after the EU competition authority said their alliance, involving profit-sharing and joint management of prices and capacity, may push up prices on the Paris-New York, Amsterdam-New York and Rome-New York routes.

The Skyteam alliance, which allow its 20 member airlines to team up via code-sharing agreements to boost the number of flights they offer to certain destinations, competes with Oneworld and Star Alliance.

another source said it was 7 slots... if so, it is not more than 2-3 flights per city.

AA and BA did the same thing.

He already did he said since AA did it and was a bold strategic move on AA's part it's a great thing for DL

UA/LH and Star also did the same thing.

perhaps it is because the EU was afraid that it would appear that they were showing preference if they didn't do the same thing to Skyteam.

given that AA already flies JFK-FCO, it is hard to argue that DL/AZ monopolizes that route.

AMS has long had plenty of access for new carriers.

I'm busy today let me see you are on post 13362 and I'm 580 but once again your math skills are the sharpest

no... that is what YOU want to believe.

I have a flock of people here who knock themselves out trying to keep up with what I debate.

besides, I thought you had me on ignore - and yet you just CAN'T walk away.

Back