AIRBUS 340-500 and 340-300

I DONT doubt(for a second) that Parker will make this(equiptment) move.

Question is, does he "buy" first, then wait for an award, or visa-versa ??

One thing IS for sure(assuming that china awards are given to one carrier per year, that the Earliest that US "might have a shot" is 2010. AA, and or DL will get china BEFORE US will !
(If AA is smart, they'll grab a pair of 777-200LR birds, and fly JFK-PEK) !!

NH/BB's

One would assume the reporter that wrote the article would do some research on what equipment US AIRWAYS operates.

I DONT doubt(for a second) that Parker will make this(equiptment) move.

Question is, does he "buy" first, then wait for an award, or visa-versa ??

One thing IS for sure(assuming that china awards are given to one carrier per year, that the Earliest that US "might have a shot" is 2010. AA, and or DL will get china BEFORE US will !
(If AA is smart, they'll grab a pair of 777-200LR birds, and fly JFK-PEK) !!

NH/BB's
[/quot
Sorry, I really dont tihnk AA has a shot with this one, at least for 2008. US or DL will get the route. Why award it to an airline that already flies to China?
The serving of new city pairs is whats important. Philly-Shanghai will work.

Fourteen frequencies open, The US can name a new carrier for 7, but is not required to.

Why award it to an airline that already flies to China? Because they have more leverage and an established operation. They will be able to utilize the opportunity better and faster than a new entrant. The US is not looking be fair and give every airline the chance to fly. Its down to who can maximize the opportunity best.

US has a great shot at getting it if they have the A/C as they do not fly to China and PHL has no flights to China.

AA stumbled on the last award as they could not reach an agreement with the pilots and had to amend the application to make it one stop, which the DOT frowned upon.

anyone rememeber the mess ALPO and Uncle Ed made of the KPIT to Japan flight---- oooo my---hope no repeat of this mess again.

US has a great shot at getting it if they have the A/C as they do not fly to China and PHL has no flights to China.

AA stumbled on the last award as they could not reach an agreement with the pilots and had to amend the application to make it one stop, which the DOT frowned upon.
A shot yes, great one, No. If they get the AC and don't get the service, its a big expense for US flying and new AC type.

The DOT didn't frown, they refused an amendment to the original application. AA then pulled its application without prejudice, before the award. It cannot be held against them. With AA be careful not to confuse a stumble with a calculated maneuver. I cant say either way what happened. One way or the other they always come out smelling like a rose.

Smelling like a rose?

Guess the dollars went to UAL out of IAD, they are the ones who smelled like a rose, not AA, you lost out as AA could not reach an agreement with APA.

Ahead of what?

Your CEO just said you will be facing a liquidity problem.

Right Here

But the company said the availability of financing is jeopardized by its level of indebtedness -- it had $16.3 billion in net debt at the end of 2006 -- and by historically weak revenues, high fuel prices and low credit ratings.

"Additional reductions in AMR's or American's credit ratings could further increase its borrowing or other costs and further restrict the availability of future financing," the company said.

Latest posts

Back