Aircraft Safety

Necrophilias

Senior
Mar 7, 2006
In recent months much has been written as to whether aircraft maint. at NWA is safe and/or reliable. What are the truths regarding this issue?

Have SCAB mechanics been brought up to standards in such a short time period?

What caused the nose gear to collapse on the NWA aircraft in Cleveland yesterday?

Is the FAA doing it's job?

Who are the SCAB mechanics?

Why has NWA parked so many aircraft during the past eight or nine months?

Is NWA safe to fly on?

I have serious questions surrounding the above.

In recent months much has been written as to whether aircraft maint. at NWA is safe and/or reliable. What are the truths regarding this issue?

What caused the nose gear to collapse on the NWA aircraft in Cleveland yesterday?

Is NWA safe to fly on?

As I agree all the above are serious questions, I also seriously question your log in name:
Necrophilias....Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.
Erotic attraction to or sexual contact with corpses.

How is anyone to take you seriously with a name like that?
ps...i find it offensive

Necro,

Who are the scabs? Generally speaking, they are mechanics that are morally bankrupt, and will climb over the bodies of their fellow mechanics to secure a job at any cost. You see, many of these types were unemployable before the airline industry really started to bottom out about 5 years ago. These people could only find work at third party maintenance vendors. Many could not pass background checks or drug tests. Then along comes a chance for $32.00 per hour, $2000.00 sign on bonus, and a free hotel room along with a free bus ride to work. Well, that was temptation enough for these types to screw their proffesion, and fellow aircraft mechanics and whatever gains they made in the last 10 years.

Is the FAA doing their job? They look at paperwork, and then after the accident - investigate. Don't count on their opinion for safety.

As far as safety goes. All bankrupt carriers make huge cutbacks in aircraft maintenance. This is common sense, of course safety will be compromised. The company line will be a whitewash of the situation. Some BS about how an aircraft overhauled in some third world country with a large anti American population is going to get the same quality maintenace as it would here.. c'mon. ;)

Necrophilias....Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.
Erotic attraction to or sexual contact with corpses.

How is anyone to take you seriously with a name like that?
ps...i find it offensive
Of all the screen names to choose from and you chose THAT?

Heck and I thought "StudHoss" was bad!

Of all the screen names to choose from and you chose THAT?

Heck and I thought "StudHoss" was bad!

Gentlemen:

Since we are discussing the death of what used to be a good airline I chose the name "Necrophilias". I admit that this choice is a stretch but at least give me an 'A' for using a different moniker.

Now to get back on topic, KGBT tv is reporting that a Northwest jet and a Southwest jet came dangerously close Sunday. The incident occured near Nashville and raises even more safety questions.

Meanwhile a/c maintenance at Northwest remains a hot topic. Northwest used to enjoy such an excellent vote of confidence regarding a/c maintenance. What a shame!

Gentlemen:

Since we are discussing the death of what used to be a good airline I chose the name "Necrophilias". I admit that this choice is a stretch but at least give me an 'A' for using a different moniker.
Well you must admit the word conjures up some pretty repulsive thoughts.

....but welcome aboard just the same!

Is NWA safe to fly on?

NWA probably has been reducing its fleet which is why a lot of planes are parked or maintaince probelms grounded.

FAA hasnt done a job until after an accident or a severe incident. They are typically known as the TombStone Agency.

In my opinion NWA is not safe as they have had a record number of maintaince related issues compared to carriers such as USAIR Delta Continental.

Scabs are the ones who crossed the line or hired off the streets placed into hotels given free meals transport and secured tightly from outsiders. They dont have much of a life except to take over a job of a real unionized mechanics.

As for the gear collaspe it could have been anything from pilots not locking it into position to a maintaince issue.

These are some serious answers to your serious questions

Well you must admit the word conjures up some pretty repulsive thoughts.

....but welcome aboard just the same!

Thank you sir!

Fact of the matter is I never would have suspected that anyone here would have had a serious thought about the name.

NWA probably has been reducing its fleet which is why a lot of planes are parked or maintaince probelms grounded.

FAA hasnt done a job until after an accident or a severe incident. They are typically known as the TombStone Agency.

In my opinion NWA is not safe as they have had a record number of maintaince related issues compared to carriers such as USAIR Delta Continental.

Scabs are the ones who crossed the line or hired off the streets placed into hotels given free meals transport and secured tightly from outsiders. They dont have much of a life except to take over a job of a real unionized mechanics.

As for the gear collaspe it could have been anything from pilots not locking it into position to a maintaince issue.

These are some serious answers to your serious questions

Thank you for such an insightful reply.

All indications are that the current a/c staffing at Northwest are failing to rise from the bottom. These words were in an update that I read today on a union website that one of you guys linked me to.

SCABs destined to fail? It sure sounds like they will.

Thank you sir!

Fact of the matter is I never would have suspected that anyone here would have had a serious thought about the name.
Thank you for such an insightful reply.

All indications are that the current a/c staffing at Northwest are failing to rise from the bottom. These words were in an update that I read today on a union website that one of you guys linked me to.

SCABs destined to fail? It sure sounds like they will.
for the gear collapse there was one article I had seen and it may be a mechanical thing in which the FAA has some kind of written thing about. someone may be able to help you better than me. I dont know for sure if NWA is parking planes but that came to my mind because my airline usair did that in ch11 and still doing it today

no problem with helping you out with the info

Now to get back on topic, KGBT tv is reporting that a Northwest jet and a Southwest jet came dangerously close Sunday. The incident occured near Nashville and raises even more safety questions.
How could a probable ATC separation error be caused by safety issues at Northwest? I guess it's possible (even though the NWA DC-9 did have a fully maintained and functioning TCAS system that alerted them of the nearby aircraft) I think you may be stretching the incident in order to attribute bad things to NWA.

Aren't there enough facts to use without fabricating associations?

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Latest posts

Back