Airline About To Kick The Bucket

They paint their jets in a pretty scheme, so I hate to see them go under just for that reason. Also the world does not need more unemployed flight crew !

I hate to see them die because they have made travel out of IAD so cheap (They had a $69 OW fare IAD-SAN recently, plus I can take 20% off through their corporate discount program, the RT fare w/ taxes was $138) but I can't see them surviving through the winter, and they will really help UA, US, DL and FL get slightly higher fares on the east coast.

whlinder said:
I hate to see them die because they have made travel out of IAD so cheap (They had a $69 OW fare IAD-SAN recently, plus I can take 20% off through their corporate discount program, the RT fare w/ taxes was $138) but I can't see them surviving through the winter, and they will really help UA, US, DL and FL get slightly higher fares on the east coast.
[post="302200"][/post]​

One low-cost carrier down and one to go (JetBlue). :up:

It would really be a shame to see FLYI go away, they by far have
better attitudes and service than United, Delta, Northwest, Continental and US Airways combined.

I hope they make it, somehow. It would be such a shame to be stuck with the others...... Maybe a legacy should go away.

Either way....Keep your chin up Flyi.... your service is cutting edge and friendly.....

B.O.B. said:
One low-cost carrier down and one to go (JetBlue). :up:
[post="302297"][/post]​
Yes root for people to lose their jobs. Yes, FlyI needs to perish and it will help the industry, but they still have real people who work there.

Why not also root for WN and the new US to go out of business?

PHX-F/A said:
Do you really think that the public will even notice if they fail? They probably carry less than 1% of the total market.
[post="301406"][/post]​
I live in the DC area. I havn't met any of that "1% "who had anything but GOOD things to say about FlyI. I wish them all the best. I know they have a great product. Hope they find there niche.

It appears that their niche is in East Coast flying. FLYI has pulled out of 3 West Coast cities and has rightfully delayed some A319 deliveries. I think FLYIs money is in getting people up and down the Eastern seaboard from A to B. I feel they can survive, but this winter cannot afford to see IAD shut down for even a day due to a blizzard of any sort. FLYI appears to be running on fumes and needs all revenue they can. Just my thoughts...........

AnalyzeThis said:
It would really be a shame to see FLYI go away, they by far have
better attitudes and service than United, Delta, Northwest, Continental and US Airways combined.

[post="302544"][/post]​

BUT, these are the same people who, when under the ACA name and flying for United and Delta, had about the WORST reputation for terrible customer service. So, again, Karma rears it's ugly head. When they worked under our name and colors, able to hide who they really were, they treated our customers like garbage.

Fly said:
BUT, these are the same people who, when under the ACA name and flying for United and Delta, had about the WORST reputation for terrible customer service. So, again, Karma rears it's ugly head. When they worked under our name and colors, able to hide who they really were, they treated our customers like garbage.
[post="303015"][/post]​
Hmmm, maybe they acted that way because its what you all did a lot of the time. Just a thought.

Indy has been a joke since it started. It doesn't even deserve the benefits of restructuring under Ch 11...why prolong the inevidable? It's doomed to fail.

ItsNotThatSerious said:
Hmmm, maybe they acted that way because its what you all did a lot of the time.  Just a thought.
[post="303090"][/post]​

No, they did it because they wore United uniforms which they could hide behind. They did it because they got paid, regardless of how they serviced OUR passengers. Luckily many of our passengers knew who they were and chose not to fly on them once they left.

Either way, doesn't matter much now.

You got to have a bad attitude if you wear a UniTED uniform, it's just the way it is! Management treats you like crap, so that rolls down hill to the customer.

Seeing that you bring it up all the time. I've NEVER been treated like "crap" at United. But, I do see other employees complain constantly about that same thing. Unfortunately, they are ALWAYS the laziest, most unmotivated employees too, so I am glad that United gives them a hard time. Obviously, the later is your case which is why you are so focused on an airline you left years ago. Good luck in your future....may you find the double-wide of your dreams.

redhead.jpg

:lol:

Fly I can remember my first encounter with mechanics at UniTED at LAX. They told us new hires that we were only suppose to do on non routine a day! That is what all of them told us! LAZY they were but fish out preformed all of them, they didn't have S$^t on the fish! :up: UniTED customer service has been critisized by many for years, and will continue to be critisized in the future.

Latest posts