Airline mergers are no solution

gaucho99

Senior
Dec 21, 2006
Interesting quote from the article below. I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't have his facts straight. True or not, I don't think Doug would ever make that comment.

The head of US Air recently admitted that its merger with America West had been a train wreck of the first order. Reservation systems don't work. The employees of each company dislike one another. To put a point on it, the new company has all the hallmarks of an operator that is driving customers to rival airlines.

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/01/12/a...re-no-solution/

I like you Qaucho, you don't like me?

But, yeah, we all need to start treating eachother better. Pilots get mad at the gate agents for whatever reason, then I have to hear it during the pushback. :mellow:

Interesting quote from the article below. I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't have his facts straight. True or not, I don't think Doug would ever make that comment.

The head of US Air recently admitted that its merger with America West had been a train wreck of the first order. Reservation systems don't work. The employees of each company dislike one another. To put a point on it, the new company has all the hallmarks of an operator that is driving customers to rival airlines.

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/01/12/a...re-no-solution/
Customers are expecting the same type of service they were accustomed to with US Airways before the merger and before bankruptcy. They are associating the name with what they once experienced. That is conflicting with America West's operational philosophy and business model. I know its been said a thousand times, but the culture of two airlines are not compatible. US Airways is just a name tag

I think any airline who's culture is sub-LCC service levels, operational mayhem, and dead last rankings in EVERY category, is an airline that's incompatible with customers.

More and more I think the ONLY "solution" for this place is to merge it and get rid of 111 W. Rio Salado

Amen to that. We're obviously not invited though, since they've done such a good job with the new US Airways.

It would be so cool if we are successful by ourselves and be proud to be a part of a great airline again. We already had our consolidation Mohawk, Lake Central, Empire, PSA, Piedmont, America West and Usair.

We have so many strong points in our network I think we can be USAirways for a long time. We don't need anyone else.

Lets do this Tempe. Please get it right this time. One more chance

wopr21

It would be so cool if we are successful by ourselves and be proud to be a part of a great airline again. We already had our consolidation Mohawk, Lake Central, Empire, PSA, Piedmont, America West and Usair.

We have so many strong points in our network I think we can be US Airways for a long time. We don't need anyone else.

Lets do this Tempe. Please get it right this time. One more chance

wopr21

Listen up Tempe. We all know you read these boards from time to time. This sentiment is felt throughout the entire system...trust me. I know personally at least three of the posters here who always obsess their posts with negativity and Tempe bashing. I have flown with them many times and know them to be professional, dedicated to customer service and this airline....even still. They too would agree with this post, but never admit it here. My point is, you can deny all you want about our situation. But the DOT, Zagat surveys, and countless other means of performance evaluations don't lie. I said it several months ago in a post and I'll repeat it again: Lord knows why PineyBob and other VFFs stick it out here. But they do. Just like the thousands of dedicated employees who would agree with this quote. This dedication is the real glue that holds this place together. Not your profits, highest yields in the industry, cash in the bank, etc. This place would implode if it weren't for the employees who cover up the mistakes, apologize for snafus, tolerate inadequate and slow systems, lack the tools to do the job, the list goes on. And NEVER forget the reason we are all here....OUR PASSENGERS. They too keep coming back. Parker/Kirby I hope you get down on your knees every night before bed and thank someone for what I just said. You still have a chance to fix this place. It's just that our patience with your mistakes is spent. Just get it right.

Parker/Kirby I hope you get down on your knees every night before bed and thank someone for what I just said. You still have a chance to fix this place.

1> Well, they are down on their knees every night, but I dont think you could call what they were doing as prayer... :shock:

2> No they don't, LCC cannot be fixed. Even if it could, you'd have to look much, MUCH further than Kirby & Doogie.

Back