Airline pilots fired for taking off ... their clothes

Dang....I wish the f/a would have been me!!! I could appreciate that! What a way to get the f/a''s to smile

Honestly I would of been laughing so hard, I would of probably peed! SW start a petition, get them back! Fly hard/Play hard. Hard? Hmm maybe that was the problem.....

Geez, I know LUV is supposed to be funny but this is going a little too far, don''t you think??? I''m sure this will prove the point to some people that that the pilots don''t work that hard during flight...

----------------
On 4/25/2003 1:27:26 PM swflyer wrote:

I think the pilots were guilty of not knowing their audience,...
----------------​
No, being idiot's. Having fun makes the job so much better, but stripping down to nothing and then allowing a others to see with PX on board. Uhh, I think they need counseling. Any pilot I've flown with that would do that are insane or total perv's. Have fun explaining to your wife and kids, bet you they won't be laughing either.
15.gif

----------------
On 4/25/2003 2:51:29 PM AAStew wrote:

Honestly I would of been laughing so hard, I would of probably peed! SW start a petition, get them back! Fly hard/Play hard. Hard? Hmm maybe that was the problem.....

----------------​

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna fly with you!!!! rofl Watch out fellas, here we come!

----------------
On 4/25/2003 4:06:05 PM Vikedog64 wrote:

Geez, I know LUV is supposed to be funny but this is going a little too far, don''t you think??? I''m sure this will prove the point to some people that that the pilots don''t work that hard during flight...

----------------​
How long does it take YOU to take your pants off. FWIW, the eccentric (to say the least) Howard Hughs used to fly naked all the time. That was back before flight managment systems.

----------------
On 4/25/2003 4:24:11 PM KCFlyer wrote:

FWIW, the eccentric (to say the least) Howard Hughs used to fly naked all the time.  That was back before flight managment systems. 

----------------​

...and before HH''s notorious germ phobia became all-encompassing. Who knows what sorts of nasty little critters are lurking on those two seats up front?

Agree with you, KC--just another example (like "eenie meenie miney moe") of PC run amuck.
There was once a fabled and legendary time when pilots and FAs saw one another naked quite frequently...

uh....you mean that time is over? Yikes! (just joking on my part but the legend lives on) but then doesn''t it in offices everywhere?

What I wonder is, who made the complaint? Without a doubt, this wasn''t the smartest thing these two pilots have ever done, and with the benefit of a "Mulligan", they would not do it again. Unfortunately, there is much more to this story than you''ll read in USAToday.

One assumes that it was the F/A invovled that made this an issue.

It was not.

Who was it?

Enquiring Minds Want to KNOW!!

Wonder what the CVR (cockpit voice recorder) had on it? Hopefully that was taken into evidence. Perhaps they were just "good buddies" on a trip together? Certainly cause for a D/A test, as striping in the cockpit demonstrates impaired thinking. Who knows WHAT goes on during ferry flights!

"Agree with you, KC--just another example (like "eenie meenie miney moe") of PC run amuck."

Does this mean that wearing your clothes at work is "PC"? Or is it just common sense? I agree, the e.m.m.moe thing was a bit over the top, but naked pilots?

INVOL

----------------
On 4/25/2003 12:05:39 PM Fly wrote:

Geez...I think it''s hysterical. It ain''t called a "COCK"pit for nothin.

----------------​
My only concern is who had their hand on the "stick"...hee hee

----------------
On 4/25/2003 6:03:41 PM AAStew wrote:

uh....you mean that time is over? Yikes! (just joking on my part but the legend lives on) ----------------​

Yeah, it ended when the flyboys stopped looking like Dean Martin, and the stews ceased resembling Karen Black...
("Airport" references for you kids out there)

This is DEFINITELY one situation where the "time" seriously outweighed the "crime". Come on! Termination is for drunks, druggies, and thugs. A couple of pranksters with a momentary lapse of judgement lose a career they worked to hard for? The company sent a loud and clear message to the employees. The "love" is gone! Work hard and watch your ass! What a shame...

I think the company showed a lapse in judgement for canning these guys. Some time off would have sent a clear message and is more in proportion to the crime. Unfortunately, the press is having a hay day with this. We''re the big joke in the industry! Way to go management!

Elvis is right....the F/A involved was not upset at the incident and actually was a good sport. There was another party involved.

Back