"airline" Sea Cruise

WNrforlife said:
That has to be the most idiotic thing, ever :down:  :down:
[post="248037"][/post]​

While this would certainly not be my idea of a great way to spend a vacation, these "celebrity" (small c) cruises are very popular. Lots of local tv and radio stations do this type of thing, other tv shows have done this, too. Rooms tend to fill up pretty quickly. I give credit to SWA for taking advantage of a way to generate some good publicity and make a couple of extra bucks in the process.

When I read this, I was very surprised that the word "characters" was used. One, this is supposed to be a reality show (i.e. entertaining quasi-documentary), thus the participants are not fictional.

If they meant characters, as in crack-ups, or Herb-types, well then that may fit, but that was not my read on the press release.

Southwest is normally very precise about how it treats its People, so I am surprised that Southwest allowed this terminology to be used. I guess its not their show. Maybe this is nit-picking, but Southwest normally takes great pains in keeping its focus on its People, not its "characters".

WNrforlife said:
That has to be the most idiotic thing, ever :down: :down:
[post="248037"][/post]​

...only because (as has already been noted) Yolanda will NOT be on the 'LUV' boat...
:unsure:

Maybe to make up for pissing so many customers on the show you could invite them also for a Kiss and Make Up cruise. Maybe they could have another one for everyone that showed up of a flight with alcohol on their breath for a all you can drink cruise. I know that NO ONE that work for an airline drinks. I didn't start until I started. It kind of goes hand in hand.