Allegiant buys new airplanes for the first time in its history

Sounds like lowered fuel prices have really killed retail aircraft prices, and maintenance ain't getting any cheaper.

eolesen said:
Sounds like lowered fuel prices have really killed retail aircraft prices, and maintenance ain't getting any cheaper.

it doesn't help that Airbus and Boeing are basically giving away end of the line current gen aircraft. 

Now with Delta joining American in drawing down the MD80 fleet, Allegiant basically has to dump them too. Makes perfect sense to go ahead and jump on some of those cheap 320CEO slots. 

Airbus has aircraft available for relative quick acquisition.
Whereas Boeing has a waiting list for customers years out for those wanting 737NG aircraft.
Unless of course, you to pay a price to leapfrog.

When I was still working RTN 737 field, I think I remember hearing the Co say they had well over 2000 planes back ordered. Forget the actual number....
But it was "take a number" at Boe.....

787nightmare said:
Airbus has aircraft available for relative quick acquisition.
Whereas Boeing has a waiting list for customers years out for those wanting 737NG aircraft.
Unless of course, you to pay a price to leapfrog.

When I was still working RTN 737 field, I think I remember hearing the Co say they had well over 2000 planes back ordered. Forget the actual number....
But it was "take a number" at Boe.....

huh? Both the A320 and 737 have ~1,000 worth of back log. 

Boeing needs end of the line NG orders just like Airbus needs end of the line 320CEO orders. 

Why do you think UA is paying 22m for a 73G?