America West Arena

UWCactus

Veteran
Oct 12, 2005
Tempe HQ
America West Arena Will Be Renamed This Monday

The moment many of you have been waiting for has arrived! On Monday, Nov. 14, America West Arena will be renamed. All employees and their families are invited to attend the event, which will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. (but please arrive to the arena by 1:30 p.m.). In attendance will be CEO Doug Parker along with other US Airways executives, Suns Chairman and CEO Jerry Colangelo and Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon. Immediately after the press conference, a few randomly selected employees will be invited onto the court to participate in some fun basketball activities, so bring your sneakers!

Please park in the arena parking

America West Arena Will Be Renamed This Monday

List your guesses.

Mine are "burg Arena" or "US out west Airways Arena" that one is a bit long but roles off the tongue. "Heritage Circle Arena" sounds good but has little marketing value. Of course we could have "Fighting Unions Arena" you know that has a warrior sound, good for sports. Heck the stadium could even have it's own mascot! Think of the potential?
What do you think?

if doug parker and some employees are there
duh its gonna be US center/Arena

does that mean we get free tickets ?

I'm wondering how much it will cost us? Is it worth the money in advertising?
:)

I'm wondering how much it will cost us? Is it worth the money in advertising?
:)

Well we had the right through 2015 or 19 I think, but the press release said "new log term deal" so we might have added money to extend it? I know the old AWA deal was a smoking good deal. We got like 25 years for what now goes for 5 years.

Back