American Airlines Advantage Card

DolphinDave

Mar 7, 2024
Last year I signed up and received the AA Advantage Credit Card. I have made reservations for my wife and I to fly to Seattle for a Cruise. I was told by the booking agent don't use the points you have for the tickets. Use it to upgrade to first class.(I mentioned I wanted to do that) Instead of being able to do that I am on standby to do that. I am of the belief that they want paying customers first to do that, not point customers. When I talked to another agent today she stated what the first agent told me was just a suggestion, Not gospel. Has anyone else run into this? I get the feeling That American Airlines dosen't want us to use our points. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Reactions: parkerroman2
The beautiful thing about points to the Airlines is lots of people don’t and never will use them. It’s a psychological status symbol to tell other Human beings that you have a Million Airline miles. And people want to reach certain tiers because they like to feel special.

I don’t deal directly with passengers but I hear the stories all the time of some passenger telling Agents that they’re an Advantage Platinum member when they aren’t getting what they want.

Keep your points, we want your money.

It's unfortunate to hear about your experience with American Airlines and your AA Advantage Credit Card points. It's not uncommon for airlines to prioritize paying customers for upgrades over those using points, as they rely on revenue from ticket sales to sustain their business. However, it's frustrating when you receive conflicting information from different agents.

While some airlines may limit the availability of upgrades for point-based bookings, it's always worth checking with the airline directly or reviewing their terms and conditions regarding upgrades using points. Additionally, reaching out to other travelers who have encountered similar situations can provide valuable insights and advice.

Ultimately, it's important to communicate your preferences clearly with the airline and understand the limitations of using points for upgrades. If you're unsatisfied with the options presented to you, consider exploring alternative ways to utilize your points or voicing your concerns to American Airlines customer service.

Hey everyone,
I wanted to start a discussion on the American Airlines Advantage Card and how to make the most of its benefits. I've been using the card for a while now and have found it to be incredibly rewarding.
One of the things I love about the card is the generous sign-up bonus. It's a great way to kickstart your mileage balance and start planning your next adventure. Plus, the miles you earn from everyday purchases can really add up fast.
Another perk I've found valuable is the priority boarding and free checked bags. It's a game-changer when you're traveling, especially if you tend to pack a bit more than you should (like me!).
I'd love to hear about your experiences with the American Airlines Advantage Card. How have you been able to maximize its benefits? Any tips or tricks you'd like to share? Let's discuss!

Looks like AA has an AI team working now. Welcome to Airline Forums Computer overlords.