American Airlines and US Airways reportedly seek merger extension

There are statutory limits on exclusivity period. I think it's somewhere between 18-20 months after filing the case. I wonder if U.S Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane has decided not to approve AA exit from bankruptcy? Maybe we will hear something tomorrow after the scheduling meeting.

Doesn't appear negotiations are going too well between "the odd couple" and the DOJ.

American’s parent AMR Corp. and US Airways yesterday told AMR creditors they plan to ask their boards to extend the merger termination date of Dec. 17, The Wall Street Journal reported today, citing “two people familiar with the matter.” The new potential date wasn’t available.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/american-airlines-and-us-airways-reportedly-seek-merger-extension.html/
They don't need an extension. Remember? They expect the trial to last approx. 10 days. This will put them at Dec. 6th. The very first week of Dec. Even with a couple of days of cushion for delays and such, there is plenty of time for a decision prior to the Dec. 17th deadline. However, I do see delays if the judge orders concessions to be complied with first, or at least agreed to. I think I would guess sometime in first quarter of 2014.

swamt i agree with you which is why they are asking for the extension... its going to be very interesting to see what happens btwn now and say dec 17 or extension

http://aa.twu.org/home/tabid/518/vw/1/itemid/159/us-bankruptcy-court-judge-confirms-american’s-reorganization-plan.aspx
U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge confirms American’s reorganization

http://aa.twu.org/home/tabid/518/vw/1/itemid/159/us-bankruptcy-court-judge-confirms-american
Unlike what "some" were predicting here...you know, the same ones who felt the Judge overseeing
the DOJ case would not move the case up any earlier than what the DOJ had requested.

[/url]
Unlike what "some" were predicting here...you know, the same ones who felt the Judge overseeing
the DOJ case would not move the case up any earlier than what the DOJ had requested.

This approval means nothing as the judge knows everything is based on the DOJ+states court case. Of course, using your 30+ years of knowledge, wisdom and experience, I'm sure you'll know how the trial will end. :lol: :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
If AMR is about to come out Bankruptcy with the approval of this POR, pending DOJ trial of course.

I have one question, HEY TWU, WTF HAPPENNED WITH THE 1114 PROCESS, WHERE THE FK IS MY PREFUNDING CHECK?

Freaking worthless, I don't even know why I bother.

GO AMFA!!!

This approval means nothing as the judge knows everything is based on the DOJ+states court case. Of course, using your 30+ years of knowledge, wisdom and experience, I'm sure you'll know how the trial will end. :lol: :lol:

I have not seen much predicting from him, but I have seen plenty of arm chair DOJ experts both here and the US forum

ALL I can say is about the doubters of the merger is this. 1-There is no Plan B...the creditors took the merger over the "Tomb Stone Strategy" 2-Love Field opens up next year. 3- Delta just got has gotten or is on the verge of anti-trust approval with Virgin.....Hence folks the competitive landscape is changing very quickly.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks Jacob, I'll take that as a compliment. :rolleyes:

ALL I can say is about the doubters of the merger is this. 1-There is no Plan B...the creditors took the merger over the "Tomb Stone Strategy" 2-Love Field opens up next year. 3- Delta just got has gotten or is on the verge of anti-trust approval with Virgin.....Hence folks the competitive landscape is changing very quickly.

PLAN B was the merger. PLAN A was the stand alone plan. We took concessions on Plan A then all of a sudden the merger looked appealing.

Reactions: 4 people