American Airlines Seeks Recall Of Laid-Off Workers

<_< -----FWAAA What is meant by a 25% Station is: Kasher ruled that at stations that TWA had a dominant presance, exTWA AMT's would recieve 25% of their TWA Ocupational seniority. LAX is one of those stations! But only after all nAAtive employee on the street have been recalled. Until that happens, their Ocupational seniority is only 4-10-01. Which at presant, is not enough to hold LAX. 100% at MCI, TWA's old overhaul Base, and 100% at STL, TWA's primary Hub. I hope this clears things up for you. I know this is a screwed up way of handeling the Seniority issue, but, it is, what it is! :down:
True enough. There is one other decision that now comes into play. That would be DRC decision #18 which states that before 25% seniority can be exercised, all AA employees on furlough prior to April 29, 2002 must be recalled. AA has had AMT's on furlough status from LAX since October 2001.

True enough. There is one other decision that now comes into play. That would be DRC decision #18 which states that before 25% seniority can be exercised, all AA employees on furlough prior to April 29, 2002 must be recalled. AA has had AMT's on furlough status from LAX since October 2001.
<_< ------ Well, I guess we'll just have to see how this all turns out.------ And how recall from other stations will work?------- It would have been so much easier, and made so much more since, if Kasher would have said: to integrate with exTWA, exTWAer's would get 1year for 5. Or, 1 year for ?! Instead of his convoluted mess! And tell me, at what point in time could exTWAer's consider themselves full fledged employee's of AA?----- If it were up to Kasher, and other's, the answeer to that would be never! It's been "seven" years since the AA buyout! "Six," since TWAllc bet the dust!-----How long before integration really becomes fact? How long? :down:

<_< ------ Well, I guess we'll just have to see how this all turns out.------ And how recall from other stations will work?------- It would have been so much easier, and made so much more since, if Kasher would have said: to integrate with exTWA, exTWAer's would get 1year for 5. Or, 1 year for ?! Instead of his convoluted mess! And tell me, at what point in time could exTWAer's consider themselves full fledged employee's of AA?----- If it were up to Kasher, and other's, the answeer to that would be never! It's been "seven" years since the AA buyout! "Six," since TWAllc bet the dust!-----How long before integration really becomes fact? How long? :down:
I agree. At some point this all has to end. For now, the begining of the end will be in 2.5 years when the recall rights for those on the street begin to expire. I'm not sure if LAX is ever going to exhaust the recall list. I'm not sure where the AA people stop and the TWA people begin. All I do know is there are 191 people left on the list and with the next downturn already starting, who knows. I certainly sympathize with those that are still commuting. I did it myself for several years and it did get old in short order.

MCI, sorry to be so dense and stupid, but if LAX were to become a "25% seniority station" because some LLC AMTs end up there, how does that harm the nAAtive AMTs there? Could you give me a short primer? Thanks!
Ex-TWA AMTs would have 100% of their TWA time credited as AA time for company seniority which is how vacation picks are made. Ex-TWA mechs with a lot of years would have some naatives beat with their 25% occupational seniority. Occupational seniority is used for bidding shifts, days off, promotions and layoffs. So a naative who managed to not get laid off so far could end up getting laid off in the future while the ex-TWA guy who has not been to work as of yet at LAX or some other 25% station would remain. While getting a less desirable shift or vacation pick may not be considered "harm" by the courts or an arbitrator getting laid off certainly is.

I agree. At some point this all has to end. For now, the begining of the end will be in 2.5 years when the recall rights for those on the street begin to expire. I'm not sure if LAX is ever going to exhaust the recall list. I'm not sure where the AA people stop and the TWA people begin. All I do know is there are 191 people left on the list and with the next downturn already starting, who knows. I certainly sympathize with those that are still commuting. I did it myself for several years and it did get old in short order.
<_< ------ Joe, I really shouldn't pop off like I have, especially when I don't have all the facts concerning the matter. But that is part of the problem. Your local web site is "access restricted!" We can't get the information needed to assure us that everything being done is all "above board"! Ours here at MCI is completely open! We have nothing to hide!------- Thank you for the information! At least that's a starting point!

<_< ------ Joe, I really shouldn't pop off like I have, especially when I don't have all the facts concerning the matter. But that is part of the problem. Your local web site is "access restricted!" We can't get the information needed to assure us that everything being done is all "above board"! Ours here at MCI is completely open! We have nothing to hide!------- Thank you for the information! At least that's a starting point!
The 564 website is restricted? That's interesting. When I go to it, I don't have to use a password. I don't understand why they would restrict access. If you can't get on, that is just not right in my opinion. It's always best to share information with all the locals so the membership can see what the company is trying to do on a wide scale.

The 564 website is restricted? That's interesting. When I go to it, I don't have to use a password. I don't understand why they would restrict access. If you can't get on, that is just not right in my opinion. It's always best to share information with all the locals so the membership can see what the company is trying to do on a wide scale.

514's site is access restricted but ... I can't imagine why. There's never anything of interest on it, just company union malarky.

<_< -----Joe,----- I was refurring to LAX's recall list! We have no way of knowing who was the last one to be recalled? Or who's the low man, in senioity, on the property? Our list is posted for all to see! In fact it's highlighted in red! This way anyone on the street, or throughout the system, knows exactly where they stand on that list! I'm not just picking on LAX, I believe this should be the case at all local web sights! Like I said before, we've got nothing to hide!!
No smoke and mirrors! No games played here!!! We're just asking the same from them!!!!

<_< -----Joe,----- I was refurring to LAX's recall list! We have no way of knowing who was the last one to be recalled? Or who's the low man, in senioity, on the property? Our list is posted for all to see! In fact it's highlighted in red! This way anyone on the street, or throughout the system, knows exactly where they stand on that list! I'm not just picking on LAX, I believe this should be the case at all local web sights! Like I said before, we've got nothing to hide!!
No smoke and mirrors! No games played here!!! We're just asking the same from them!!!!
The recall list is posted on line in the "News" section on the 564 website. In fact, here's the link: http://www.local564.org/Recalls-TitleI2008...18WestCoast.pdf

Back