American Airlines to hold back summer expansion

On what due you base the French as being lazy? Because they have employment rights we can only envy?

You mean their marxist employment laws? Their rioting to prevent changes in the employment laws that would actually require them to perform albeit for just a short time. They may have employment rights but look at their productivity. They wont do anything unless the govt subsidizes it!

Our ranking in engineering and trade as well as education has been waning for years.

You have the teachers union to thank for that. Instead of putting emphasis on self esteem they should redirect it to education and not be afraid to fail students for not performing.

We work longer and longer with less and have little to show for it.

The perils of a society with instant gratification. Save your money and manage it better. Get a better education so you dont have throw bags the rest of your life.Stop the wealth envy thing.

It's like the surrender thing; I think France lost 3-4 million troops in WW1, it speaks to ignorance to say they have never fought. It isn't just France, most of the EU enjoy better protection. You only live once, healthcare and pensions are doable in the land of million dollar ballplayers and rappers.

I never posted anything About their ability to fight in WW I. Sure they enjoy better job protection but how bout a 60% tax rate. Would you like to have 60% of your wages siezed by the govt to pay for all those pensions and free health care. How bout waiting 6 weeks to get a MRI or 2 weeks to see a doctor? Sorry I prefer our system right now. If your so upset about milion dollar ball players and rappers dont go to the games and dont buy their records. I know I dont. There is more of that wealth envy thing coming out again from you. You are going to have to realize that you are responsible for your own financial well being and not the govt. :shock:

I'm a mechanic who is paying his own way to finish a HVAC license this summer, and going for a full electrician license afterwards. I save and put all I can into a 401k. We can argue all day about this but the point is that Americans work longer with less time off and benefits than even the Japanese. The whole idea of unionism is using the strength of collective bargining to further the welfare of the individual members. By definition, cooperating with people involves compromise. You can criticise the the teachers union or others, but their job is to get the best deal they can for their membership. And I'd rather pay 60% in taxes and have healthcare, retirement, schooling, unemployment and childcare than pay the 45%-including 401k cont.- and get to support my parents.

Back