Amfa National Election Results

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
Amfa has several positions changed and less than 25% of the members returned valid ballots! Their national elections are a disgrace and shows how destructive they have caused in the industry! So many have given up hope they do not even vote!

Results

By how close some of the votes were I believe non-active associate members made the decision on who will be elected. Also Harvey and Wildermouth is out and The assistant director changed hands and will most likely take Delle's position next time. This is the same person that was asked not to run against Delle knowing full well he would have won.

Also Note; SWA Mechanics approved their extension for 3 years. By the numbers it looks like SWA has reduced headcount.

Click here to see results

Looks like they voted by phone, I wonder if the Amfa wannabes are going to complain about the voting?

Oh cool,

Now comes CIO complaining about membership elections of National Officers.

No doubt he prefers the Jim Little unelected "without further ratification", company sellout Dictator.

CIO prefers labor agreements un-ratified by the membership, and union leaders unaccountable and appointed.

CIO prefers Union Leaders being paid by the company, while they sell our wages and benefits 50 years in reverse.

Then, the SWA Mechanics get pay increases, instead of industry leading concessions, while actually getting a legitimate vote, and he wants to complain about voting procedures.

I disputed your claims regarding Steve McFarlane with a personal e-mail from him, stating that you are a liar. And anyone reading this baord that wishes to contact Steve to prove CIO is a liar, simply e-mail him here: [email protected]

Visit the "Our Future" Website for yourself

I WILL BE VOTING TWU OFF THE PROPERTY BY TELELPHONE SOON (via NMB Ballot), AND I DAMN SURE CANNOT WAIT TO DO SO!

BTW, I heard that you really suffered burns at the hands of TWU strongarm enforces L. Howard and K. Thompson lighting you up with fuel and flame to stop your one man destruction of the TWU, and you just claimed "hot fuel" flash to cover for the thugs. Shortly after they beat V.P. John McDonlald, they started working the scheme to get you.

The TWU-ATD takes the cake in ALL TIME LOW participation, and they place it on the their website to prove it...

View TWU-ATD Superior LOW TURNOUT Skills HERE :lol:

I challenge you show us anything worse than 76 responses out of a 30,000+ membership. Nothing can be a low as that!

Checking it Out,Sep 15 2004, 10:54 PM]
Amfa has several positions changed and less than 25% of the members returned valid ballots!

Maybe some are associate members, such as myself who didnt vote because I felt that only those who are under AMFA representation should decide who leads them.

Their national elections are a disgrace and shows how destructive they have caused in the industry!

Could you try that again, in ENGLISH?

By how close some of the votes were I believe non-active associate members made the decision on who will be elected. Also Harvey and Wildermouth is out and The assistant director changed hands and will most likely take Delle's position next time. This is the same person that was asked not to run against Delle knowing full well he would have won.

So.In other words with AMFA the members can vote out Delle, or anyone else if they like. Doesnt that contradict what you have been claiming? The Flight attendants and the pilots both removed their top leader, but the TWUs top leaders remain. The members cant vote them out.

Also Note; SWA Mechanics approved their extension for 3 years. By the numbers it looks like SWA has reduced headcount.

According to Bobby Gless, 514 has reduced their headcount by over 1000 since 1999. And thats just one Local.

Looks like they voted by phone, I wonder if the Amfa wannabes are going to complain about the voting?

Well I wonder if the company that AMFA used had a relationship with the employer and issued sequential pin numbers along with the ability to change votes? I doubt it. Leave it to the TWU to srew up using a system that plenty of other people use for accurate results.

Checking it Out said:
Amfa has several positions changed and less than 25% of the members returned valid ballots! Their national elections are a disgrace and shows how destructive they have caused in the industry! So many have given up hope they do not even vote!

Results

Click here to see results

[post="180571"][/post]​

Less than 25% you say? Well that is more than the % of ballots returned by twu AMTs for international positions. Oops, that's right, I forgot. NO Position in the twu international is voted on by the full membership. These positions are APPOINTED.

Are you saying that SWA AMTs should not vote on their contract extension? They are represented by AMFA. And AMFA lets the membership decide their future. Unlike the twu where an unelected person decides your fate.

They also voted by phone? Was it secure? Did everyone eligible to vote receive a PIN and full information on what they were to vote on? If so, then no problem. Unless of course you think that these individuals should be able to change their ballot choice once they cast it.

By the way CIO,

Do you realize that 90% of your posted information comes directly from official AMFA websites?

Do you realize that you know more about what happens at AMFA than you know about your own current bargaining agent?

You can spin the findings from official AMFA websites you come across all you want, but the truth is, you simly verifiy the fact that AMFA is far more open with internal business than the TWU will be even after Jim Littles' so-called communications, communications, communications campaign.

Think about this:

Jim Little claimed that 3200 members did not get to vote on the current agreement.

Then Jim Little claimed that wasn't true.

Jim Little claimed that the TWU Constitution required membership ratification of amendments or changes to the Labor Agreement.

Then Jim Little filed an affidavitt in Federal Court claiming the exact oppposite.

Jim Little claimed that the TWU was going to conduct a complete re-vote on the restructuring agreement to give the ratification legitmacy.

Then Jim Little signed and implemented the agreement without further ratifcation by the members.

Jim Little claimed that AMFA conceded in the current campaign to replace the TWU.

Then we all know that soon the NMB will rule on the AMFA appeal.

CIO, what good is communication, communication, communication, going to do when the communicator lies, has no credibility, and no member with half a brain believes what the man says anymore?

Since the membership voted for convention delegates to represent them under the TWU. I believe the system is far superior than Amfa dis-functional system.

The members elected the convention delegates to represent their best interests at the conventions. So the members did vote.

Just like signing or not signing an amfa card is a vote! You know amfa wannabes did a great job of intimidation to sign one, seems to remind me of third world voting tactics!

Lets see, SWA voted for higher wages with unlimited outsourcing rights, Will they go by the way of Alaska and NWA or United? Farmout work to the up and coming third party world?

Makes you wonder, last year SWA employed 1809 amfa members but only 1500 or so ballots were sent out! Why the difference? Job elimination or other groups left out?

decision, You didn't fu** this up for Wildermouth, and show the September 2003 amfa informational video that was filmed in Tulsa to those elegable to vote in this national election did ya...? You know, the one where Wildermouth stated that the amfa members at NW elected to give up seniority rights for the money...!!! :huh:

You are a real hero Decision 2004 ;)

---------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

cio, you have to admit that is a huge turn on your part. To say:

"This is the same person that was asked not to run against Delle knowing full well he would have won. "

From your usual rhetoric of:

"Delle is a dictator and it is impossible to vote him out of office."

Either it's a blunder on your part or a change of heart. Which is it? Me thinks you have too many lies to keep up with and you blundered. By the way who asked Steve not to run??? Another lie cio???

Rusty said:
cio, you have to admit that is a huge on your part. To say:

"This is the same person that was asked not to run against Delle knowing full well he would have won. "

From your usual rhetoric of:

"Delle is a dictator and it is impossible to vote him out of office."

Either it's a blunder on your part or a change of heart. Which is it? Me thinks you have too many lies to keep up with and you blundered. By the way who asked Steve not to run??? Another lie cio???
[post="180686"][/post]​

Is it actually called double talk stooge rap.

Here is another example of this latest Tulsa fad:

Stooge Rap

Checking it Out said:
Since the membership voted for convention delegates to represent them under the TWU. I believe the system is far superior than Amfa dis-functional system.
[post="180674"][/post]​

We have no doubt that you oppose direct membership voting and worship the suckass appointment system of the TWU.

We also know that you prefer "without further ratification" labor agreements.

And the last thing in the world you want is re-call of derilict dictators.

But hey, that is valid form of unionism, it just wont survive today's freedom fighters that tire of company unionism.

• Is Delle still president of your beloved amfa?
  • Is it possible the amfa repped members cannot afford a phone while furloughed?
  • Will Delle rule from the grave?
  • Does it bother you we read amfa homepages and get the truth of their BS?
  • Can you do anything besides weld?

Checking it Out said:

[post="180571"][/post]​

Are you not forgetting the appearance techs who are covered by a seperate IBT agreement that runs through 2009? I know this must of been an oversight on your part. :( :(

Regardless of the spin the TWU sheep put on AMFA's National Officer elections the truth remains that the membership is in charge with AMFA. The same cannot be said about the TWU.

TWU please save us from ourselves! We're not smart enough to make decisions for ourselves!

The TWU's officers are insulated from accountability AMFA's officers are not.

I seem to remember Amfa did not have control at SWA, The company gave the offer to Amfa and said this is all you will get, Take it or Leave it! Negotiations or in control I don't think so!!!

Also, since the Mechanic contract is not scheduled to expire until next year why wasn't everyone given the same raises or opportunity? Or is this select discussions? Or another example of a me only attitude?

Checking it Out said:
I seem to remember Amfa did not have control at SWA, The company gave the offer to Amfa and said this is all you will get, Take it or Leave it! Negotiations or in control I don't think so!!!

[post="181095"][/post]​

That sounds like what Randy McDonald said happened to him and the TWU during the Restructuring Concession "negotiations". Only instead of "all you will get", it was more like " this what we are taking".

Your not holding your own union to the same standards again?

Back