Amfa Still In The Running

I have to agree that Lies, Deceptions, and half truths are all they know. Fear is the result of what they spew. Take away the fear and the former is easy to see.

Boomer said:
In my station, instead of the 15 AMFA Supporters that ran the last drive there are now more than 35. Copies of the AMFA Associate Membership forms are moving like hotcakes.

Between now and the outcome of the appeal, everyone that signed a card get at least two FSCs' to sign an AGW card.

Remove the cancer from the airline industry--get everyone to vote out the TWU.
Imagine the TWUs quandry when next year both the AMFA and the AGW file for represenntation at AA at the same time!

What will the TWU, the company and the NMB do then?

Will they rule that certain members can vote in both elections?

This is Agw's cards count for AA. The drive is now in its 10th month. They need 10,000 more cards in 2 months to have a vote. You all figure it out!!! I suspect Bob is picking another losing team. Currently they represent no one and the cards are dropping off at USAir.

Date Card Count
9-05-03 264
9-21-03 375
10-21-03 504
12-02-03 1121
12-27-03 1165
01-07-03 1330
02-04-04 1732
03-20-04 1803
04-05-04 2005
05-28-04 2086

Checking it Out said:
This is Agw's cards count for AA. The drive is now in its 10th month. They need 10,000 more cards in 2 months to have a vote. You all figure it out!!! I suspect Bob is picking another losing team. Currently they represent no one and the cards are dropping off at USAir.

Date Card Count
9-05-03 264
9-21-03 375
10-21-03 504
12-02-03 1121
12-27-03 1165
01-07-03 1330
02-04-04 1732
03-20-04 1803
04-05-04 2005
05-28-04 2086
Oh my god Kevin. you still have not figured out that they can keep collecting cards until they have enough??? All you have to do is keep the resign list going along with a new sign list. They have a very good base to start with, soon they will know who is not in their Craft and Class.

In our case we would start over but, those guys can keep on truckin.

Checking it Out said:

Date Card Count
9-05-03 264
9-21-03 375
10-21-03 504
12-02-03 1121
12-27-03 1165
01-07-03 1330
02-04-04 1732
03-20-04 1803
04-05-04 2005
05-28-04 2086
10,000 more cards? So you are now claiming that the TWU has 23999 who are not in our class and craft plus another 18600 in our class and craft. Do you mean that the TWU now has 42,599 members at AA?

Guess what? We were cheated at the Convention, the delegates at the Convention only reflected a membership of just over 30,000. What happened to the other 12000 members CIO? Maybe we should review all the LM-2s and add up the members. Is there a secret Local out there with 12000 members that nobody knows about? Is this the Local where all the dead TWU members go?

Losing team? A dream I'll admit but calling the TWU a winner is delusional. Look at the graph to see TWU reality;

pay_vs_cpi.jpg

Actually I believe it was the NMB and AA that should mostly be credited with AMFA not having a vote.

Actually I believe it was the NMB and AA that should mostly be credited with AMFA not having a vote.

NO actually it was the tWU that included 1007 former TWU LLC, 500+ Custodians and Cleaners, and 1000+ fleet service "ground servicemen".

I do believe the TWU had a hand in it. Once AMFA gets a list of who those people are, many will sign cards and an election will be held next year.

This should be interesting.

Checking it Out said:
And I thought the cards expired after a year!!!!
Cards do expire in one year but, that is not what you implied kevin. You said:

The drive is now in its 10th month. They need 10,000 more cards in 2 months to have a vote.

That is not a true statement. They can resign expiring cards and keep going, not to mention what Bob is showing by kicking your statements ass with your idiotic numbers.

Lets see we have over 30,000 TWU active members +/- at AA and AGW wants 60%. You do the math. Dont forget the laid off members and recall rights. Of course it could be off a little!!!!!

Have a Great TWU Weekend!!!!

You know if you want amfa so much you could go to work at one of their airlines they represent! I believe it might be easier than to have them come to you!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Lets see we have over 30,000 TWU active members +/- at AA and AGW wants 60%. You do the math. Dont forget the laid off members and recall rights. Of course it could be off a little!!!!!

Have a Great TWU Weekend!!!!

You know if you want amfa so much you could go to work at one of their airlines they represent! I believe it might be easier than to have them come to you!!!!!!
OH!!!!!

Now I understand the slogan "Strength in Numbers".

The TWU uses the strength of many members to prevent the company union from being replaced.

Hmmmm, and we thought the strength in numbers meant they could be used to fight for higher wages and benefits.

Now we see the truth, Lower the Wages and Benefits to keep large numbers around so that organizing to replace the company union is near impossible. This insures that upon demand, numbers can be increased to demonstrate insufficient interest.

That reminds me of tactics used by company sponsored union busting goon squads in the early days to prevent unionization. Now the incumbent company union uses the same methods to prevent membership revolt and elections of union of choice matters.

I guess your right "Strength in Numbers" does have an advantage for someone. And it is not hard to see who!

Checking it Out said:
Lets see we have over 30,000 TWU active members +/- at AA and AGW wants 60%. You do the math.
hmmm, seems to me if there was 30,000 employees at the best of times when there where no laid off employees and the company says there are 18,661 of those in our Craft and Class that would leave 11,339 + or - a few. Half of that would be 5,670 then minus 2,086 would leave 3,584 remaining cards to have 50%.

Personally, I think the AGW needs to file at what ever percentage they reach if for no other reason than to establish the Class size. What do you think cio???

Rusty said:
hmmm, seems to me if there was 30,000 employees at the best of times when there where no laid off employees and the company says there are 18,661 of those in our Craft and Class that would leave 11,339 + or - a few. Half of that would be 5,670 then minus 2,086 would leave 3,584 remaining cards to have 50%.

Personally, I think the AGW needs to file at what ever percentage they reach if for no other reason than to just to establish the Class size. What do you think cio???
Class size can change it did at United and it can at AA, it is clear that the NMB will let the company add whoever it wants whenever it wants. <_<
Next round they may add some Management in there if they feel like it, it has been done before. :unsure:
I think this moving target is not done moving yet <_< sorry.

When AMFA wins at AA,how much you wanna bet the TWU will try after two years to force these fleet service people back to the TWU using another NMB bogus investigation? First they dump them on us to stop an election, then after the TWU loses the election they'll be crying to get these fleet service people back! For their dues money that is.

Back