AMR bankruptcy update

During the failed TA, were the reasons for voting down the TA at TULE because the line mechs were getting $2.55 line premium and OH would have to work weekends?

Were those the major reasons or was it the pre funding?

Just a question that's all, nothing can be changed about the past.
When a T/A is voted down by 2/3 of the vote it tells you how bad it was !!!

"VOTE NO ON THE T/A"
"THE BEST AGREEMENT NEVER COMES UNTIL THE 11TH HOUR OF THE 29TH DAY"
"IF THIS T/A WERE TO PASS, WE WOULD BE LEAVING ALOT OF MONEY ON THE TABLE"
"ALLOWING ASM's AND 7 DAY COVERAGE AT THE OVERHAUL BASE IS WRONG"

The fact is the T/A was structured to reduce cost at the overhaul base, giving us a chance at survival and continue overhaul for AA.
In addition, it gave $2.55 to the line AMT.

2/3 rds SAID NO, UNDER THE ADVICE OF LOCAL 562.

NOW LOOK AT WHAT THE ALTERNATIVE LOOKS LIKE AND ENJOY

These are the facts.

Reactions: 1 person
The compAAny has read these boards for years an is wetter than a teething infant knowing that as long as the TWU represents their employee's there will never be unity. When this is all over I can only hope those that are left will seek change.

"VOTE NO ON THE T/A"
"THE BEST AGREEMENT NEVER COMES UNTIL THE 11TH HOUR OF THE 29TH DAY"
"IF THIS T/A WERE TO PASS, WE WOULD BE LEAVING ALOT OF MONEY ON THE TABLE"
"ALLOWING ASM's AND 7 DAY COVERAGE AT THE OVERHAUL BASE IS WRONG"

The fact is the T/A was structured to reduce cost at the overhaul base, giving us a chance at survival and continue overhaul for AA.
In addition, it gave $2.55 to the line AMT.

NOW LOOK AT WHAT THE ALTERNATIVE LOOKS LIKE AND ENJOY

These are the facts.
NO THESE ARE THE FACTS, Not only was the T/A Bad, they inserted the strike clause thinking that would scare the rest into voting yes .
Would have been priceless to see the faces of International when they seen the outcome of vote !!!

Dave,

I am flattered by your thought that my local controls the voting public but that is not so. Actually if it was up to my local we would of had another union representing us but that did not happen because not enough interest in your base so how does my local control anything. take ownership for your own decisions and stop blaming everyone else.

That is just the facts

Dave,

I am flattered by your thought that my local controls the voting public but that is not so. Actually if it was up to my local we would of had another union representing us but that did not happen because not enough interest in your base so how does my local control anything. take ownership for your own decisions and stop blaming everyone else.

That is just the facts

TWU International says the same thing when they insert Vote Yes propaganda into the ballot envelope, and concessions pass.

Yet we have had several discussions about how wrong that is and even more so when they say "The membership voted for it".
When that happens you blame them, I have heard it and seen that myself from you.

When that happens, you have always been on the other side of the "influence" issue.
But when you are proven to be on the wrong side of the issue and things get worse, you dismiss your involvement and say "the membership voted against it"

Hypocrite

So if not to influence the voting, then why make the video and post it on YouTube to being with?
You are honestly going to claim the intent was not to garner No Votes? Whatever!

The TWU may have brought back the T/A for the membership to decide, but the TWU local 514 has never pushed for a no vote. This the first time in my career where the membership actually decided. However no one knows what actually the leaderships position was.

There was a major split over the retiree medical but what I believe is the prevailing thought was that we gave in 2003 and no more. But the the thing that is always there is fear.

The TWU may have brought back the T/A for the membership to decide, but the TWU local 514 has never pushed for a no vote. This the first time in my career where the membership actually decided. However no one knows what actually the leaderships position was.

There was a major split over the retiree medical but what I believe is the prevailing thought was that we gave in 2003 and no more. But the the thing that is always there is fear.

Yeah, we will not give up anymore.....ROFL

The intl. pushed it by stuffing the flyers in to the vote that was sent out. retire med. that was suppose to be the big one in chicago. As for tulsa and afw it was just getting a lump sum and working 24/7. well great we are losing the retireee med. for the most part unless you can afford it. and penlty of guys don't have to worry about working 24/7, oh wait alot of guys don't have to worry about working altogether. And they willn't have to #### about the twu any more. But wait AMP is around the corner, Oh wait the drive ended in vien. Well I'm sure bobs out there ready to tell the judge all about are proffesion the shortage of a&p and on and on

But wait our own government doesn't give a #### about us. As long as the 1% get there we will continue to get #### on . Oh yea the guys of the hill they all have alot of money already but its not enough!!

When place yourself on the coat tails that the TWU has chosen to ride, you are being lead to the same destructive path.

Of course the 1% will get theirs, when did you believe it would be any different? If you are going to choose, do so for yourself. Once you have achieved the status you believe the union wants you to be in are you going to give to the partial percentage below you? I do not believe you will nor will I. So I will ride my own coat tails and look out for myself.

I do not know how long you have been a member of the TWU, but the same strategy has plagued the membership since before 1984.

However, brother, " I will strike if provoked " and "We'll get em next time"

Why are you afraid of a new union?

Dave,

That is just the facts

TWU International says the same thing when they insert Vote Yes propaganda into the ballot envelope, and concessions pass.

Yet we have had several discussions about how wrong that is and even more so when they say "The membership voted for it".

When TWU Intnernational does this you blame them, I have heard it and seen that myself from you.

When that happens, you have always been on the other side of the "influence" issue.

But when you are proven to be on the wrong side of the issue and things get worse, you dismiss your involvement and say "the membership voted against it"

Hypocrite

So if not to influence the voting, then why make the video and post it on YouTube to begin with?

You are honestly going to claim the intent was not to garner No Votes?

...Whatever!

I guess this is a bankruptcy issue?

I heard today that the Wheel and Brake Center at TUL has had as many as 48 OSM's leave. It would seem that the senior mechanic had about 1 year and the rest assumed they could receive the same or higher wage and benefits somewhere else.

When TWU Intnernational does this you blame them, I have heard it and seen that myself from you.

Hypocrite

So if not to influence the voting, then why make the video and post it on YouTube to begin with?

You are honestly going to claim the intent was not to garner No Votes?

...Whatever!
Jezzus H Waffle Boy.... Still crying about the "No" vote and wasting bandwidth with your cyber tears??? Cry not 'Lil Waffle Boy...the Twu will save you.

I don't know how many TIMES you have to be told so it penetrates that thick Okie skull of yours.....I guess you don't want to hear what's been said by others over and over here about the 2010 T/A sellout. Here's one more explanation for the books, and maybe you'll can finally "get it" this time. Just like the old AMFA days, one day you want to resist and fight against the Company/Twu, the next day the Waffle Boy comes out of the closet and you cave like a Jim Little puppet.

2/3 of your Title 1 peers including myself voted "No" on the sellout Twu T/A in 2010 purely because it was nothing but more voluntary concessions after nearly 10 years of record setting concessions....the first voluntary bankruptcy (I voted "No" then too). There would not be another. Those under 50 like myself would not give up retiree medical without a fight. Wasn't because of of Bob, Chuck, or Local 562. It was the sh*tty T/A. Understand?

If the CompAAny and it's toy union wanted more major concessions again for their year over year failure to run a solvent airline and blow money like a drunk in a whore house, they were going to have to force them. AA management destroyed any and all good will they sought from the workers starting in 2003 with the laughable "Turn Around Plan". Any "Yes" vote on more Twu concessions was not going to happen for years of greed and failure. I'm sure you'll disagree. Maybe your on Horton's "AA Team" as he likes to call it. I'm not.

Listen up WB, Bob didn't drive the "No" vote, Chuck didn't drive the "No" vote, Local 562 didn't either. The blame lies solely on the AA concessionary T/A, the inability of the Twu International to negotiate nothing but more concessions, and finally the base and underhanded statements from the VP of Labor Non-Relations Jeff "The Brick" Brundage. Put the "No" vote blame where it belongs: AA management and the Twu International

One other important point your missing, the APA and the APFA did not accept more voluntary concessions either, why not? Did they listen to Bob and Chuck, or Local 562? Or was it that they saw though the AA management BS?

I think it's time for you to retire (28 years?) and call it a day, I'm sure you have other issues to attend to instead of spending all your time here crying and whining at Bob or Chuck, about a vote that which you can't change.

Your gonna give yourself a heart attack with all stress and strain...give it a rest.

Horton and his henchmen wanted this Civil War, not the workers. Hopefully it does not go like Eastern and Pan Am.

Reactions: 7 people