AMR investing in Mexicana?

I've been in Aeromexico's shop in Leon a few years back.It was a line maint operation , next to GM's own personal terminal.
They had no Maint Manuals ,a case of oil,several light bulbs,a 727 tire wheel and a jack with no handle or air chuck. We used a metal fence post to Jack up a F100 el manual. Zero tools....no nitrogen they just laughed when I ask....

That's no reason it couldn't be brought on line quickly. It's not like transportation is a problem for an airline.

Staff the place with a few bi-lingual people to order the locals around and "interpret" the manuals for them then sit back and wait for the once-per-decade FAA visit.

It was spanglish,not sure about license but somewhat helpful but no support equipment. Spent the night with Mexican Military
guarding the airplane. We walked right on the ramp without going through customs.They Never looked a one piece of documentation,they just pointed at the airplane on the ramp.Later on they explained that the station manager didnt want to pay customs.It was somewhat uncomfortable being followed with a machine gun pointed at you.They were all heavily armed...because that airport is non fenced and open to anyone.

It wouldn't suprise me American has been rubbing elbows with TPG for sometime now.TPG has done some really large deals and have been raising cash.This would be chump change for TPG.. After all they raised 41 Billion for the TXU deal. They were also part of JAL deal...

Latest posts

Back