Amr Md-80's In Atl

Oct 27, 2005
Just curious if the 4 or 5 MD-80's parked at the Atlanta charter terminal since Monday were from MIA? Seems odd that they would be parked at ATL instead of DFW but getting out of the way of the hurricane is all that I could come up with. Maybe fuel is that bad now that it is cheaper to O/N at a non-hub airport than fly all the way back to DFW? Seems like too long of a layover (4 days) for a charter...

Anyone know why they have been parked here?

most likely it is due to the hurricane. The one thing to consider is that it may be cheaper to park them in ATL than DFW...overnight parking rates wise...or maybe DFW is full...

Maybe they're renting space from Delta who may be charging low rates since it's just extra money...???

Are you sure they were MD80's?

We had one MD80 and four 737's which flew in on Sunday from MIA, but two flew out on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, and the last one flew out today.

ATL may have been picked because it's home to many commuters from MIA, thus making it a little easier to find people willing to pick up the broken sequence.

I saw them as well this past week. I thought they were a charter for the Jets but they never went back after the game. Thanks for the explanation. (w/o the WA discussion we can get along) :up:

Thanks ModerAAtor. I guess that would make sense to park them in ATL, then. Also makes sense that it may be cheaper (TransMeridian parked their jets there until they liquidated a month ago). I appreciate your help in resolving my mystery.

Latest posts

Back