AMT Teamsters Drive

i spoke to the teamsters ATD divison person in charge of orgainizing three times in the last month, she told me if we showed enough intrest thay would consider a drive even though thay have a gentlemans agreement with the TWU not to raid. we agreed that 2000 cards would bring them on line and that 900 would spark there intrest here in tulsa on dock 6a we have close to 100 in less than a week.

we could use people from other docks here in tulsa to help with large demand for cards, we have plenty here on 6 if you need some just need people to help hand them out to other docks that are asking for them, thanks.

i spoke to the teamsters ATD divison person in charge of orgainizing three times in the last month, she told me if we showed enough intrest thay would consider a drive even though thay have a gentlemans agreement with the TWU not to raid. we agreed that 2000 cards would bring them on line and that 900 would spark there intrest here in tulsa on dock 6a we have close to 100 in less than a week.

we could use people from other docks here in tulsa to help with large demand for cards, we have plenty here on 6 if you need some just need people to help hand them out to other docks that are asking for them, thanks.

You need to do your homework. 2000 cards would only be a C+ on a test.

You need to do your homework. 2000 cards would only be a C+ on a test.
thats how many cards the airline division office of the teamsters said thay would like to see before thay start a drive, 900(she said would spark there intrest)

thats how many cards the airline division office of the teamsters said thay would like to see before thay start a drive, 900(she said would spark there intrest)

Just do your homework. The Teamsters don't understand the AA system.

dont remember, but your right, thats one of the many things to get lined up as this thing takes life,best of luck to all of us!

It’s 18,601. I don’t agree with the number but its set in stone and you will have to over come that number.

To cut through the case you better be looking at least 3000 cards from Tulsa.

Hold on, Bob. You've argued for a separate union to represent AMT's as long as I can remember, so how would having the IBT representing fleet and M&E do anything to protect your interests?

Wrong, I've argued that all the mechanics should be in the same union. I've also maintained that mechanics should have their own contracts, but that does not neccisarily mean that they have to be in an exclusive union. I've also argued that having all airline workers in the same union would be the ideal setup with divisions within that union for each class and craft.

The problem as I see it is that we are all split up into many different unions. Being unified as a class and craft would be an improvement over what we have now, being unified as an industry would be even better.The industry should be looked at as a single entity by labor and we should standardize contracts similar to what they do in the building trades in NYC. Portable pensions, seniority etc.

It’s 18,601. I don’t agree with the number but its set in stone and you will have to over come that number.

Actually the number is changing. As people attrit and reject the "recall" the number will decline considerably. Attrition has probably brought it down by a thousand or so already. If you go for everybody it should be easier to get a vote. DFW is probably the only FSC Local that is in anyway happy with the TWU. But unlike like Maint FSCs are not lopsidedly concentrated in a cheap cost of living area, they are spread throughout the system. So DFW does not have the hold on FSCs that Tulsa has on AMTs. In fact thanks to the abundance of Part Timers in high cost areas the high cost areas are inflated when compared to manhours per member. One of the reasons the International went with the seperate locals was to break up the locals from high cost areas who were dissatisfied with the International. If these leaders were dissatisfied how do you think the members felt? As one FSC told me years ago, "We would love to go to a different union, but we have nowhere to go".

The only thing the TWU has with maintenance is that they claim to have retained OH. Well FSCs could care less about that, their pay is lower than it was before 2001. FSCs dont care for the TWU, they simply had noplace to go, if they heard we were going with the IBT and that they could go too they would. All they need is someone to hand them a card and they will sign.

To cut through the case you better be looking at least 3000 cards from Tulsa.

Judging from the amount of participation we see in Tulsa elections 3000 shouldnt be that hard to get anyway but I dont think its needed.

I figure the number would be at the most 15000, so that means 7501 is what would be needed. 4000 line mechanics, plus 3000 Title 3 assigned to class and craft work would give you 7000 right there, MCI isnt too happy with the TWU, they would likely vote for IBT and so would most of AFW, figure another 2000 there. So that would be 9000 without Tulsa.

One strategy would be for the line stations to work "by the book". With the reduction in headcount and increase in workload working by the book would drive OT way way up. As it is they call everyday. Get it to the point where they call everyone everyday and people can go through the process of turning down and being forced, after three forced they cant force anymore. This would make the company call back workers, as they refuse the recall they would be taken off the list, reducing the threshhold for the vote.

The fact is no matter how you look at it making this an all inclusive drive is the only way to go. Lets say it looked as if FSC would get enough cards to get out and M&R didnt. Well then all those workers who do R&D, cleaning, and lav servicing would be looking at being cut off from the rest of their work group, they would sign in droves. Without making it an all inclusive drive they probably would not sign an IBT card for the same reason, thus once again leaving the outcome of the drive solely in the hands of the Tulsa membership.And we know how that has turned out in the past. Making this an all inclusive drive puts the TWU at a tremendous disadvantage and makes the possibility of a change in representation almost a certainty.

<_< ---- But to do this, we'll have to see some form of commitment on the part of the Teamsters!! You don't think for a minute that the boys at the top of aa, and their lap dog TWU, will sit quietly by, once they get wind of this! As for MCI, I think they'd go for it! Take it one step at a time! Once we know the Teamsters are truly on board with this, all hell will brake loose! Look at the number of views for this thread! Over eight thousand! You get half those people to sign cards, and you'll have it made!

i really think tulsa is in on this one! AMFA scared people(dont know why)but judging from the people ive talked to here thay all seam to want change and the teamsters sounds good to them. i think 2000 cards from tulsa should be doable.

i really think tulsa is in on this one! AMFA scared people(dont know why)but judging from the people ive talked to here thay all seam to want change and the teamsters sounds good to them. i think 2000 cards from tulsa should be doable.

Are you confirming that the 2000 you enlist will attend the monthly membership meetings and are you informing them where membership meetings will they be held?

I like 514's new facilities.

Would hate to give that up for a "lawn chair" at one of the cities parks. AS you approach your enlistee's you may suggest that they go out and buy some "chigger repellant". ;)

Are you confirming that the 2000 you enlist will attend the monthly membership meetings and are you informing them where membership meetings will they be held?

I like 514's new facilities.

Would hate to give that up for a "lawn chair" at one of the cities parks. AS you approach your enlistee's you may suggest that they go out and buy some "chigger repellant". ;)
Are you suggesting a new union would not rent a hall, and eventually buy one with the $4 million in dues 514 will lose?

Simple, AMFA at NWA made a 'union' stand and had their a$$es handed to them in a hat while 'every union in the US' sat on their lurals (and gleefully in a few cases) and watched. As long as 'good union' people do not support each other, it will not matter much in our representation and the representatives will f*(k us every time because they well know of the weakness of the membership.

IBT is making claims that they cannot keep, like all the rest :angry: because they 'know' the membership is weak and beaten.

Good Luck!
B) UT

Latest posts