An Open Letter to The Great Employees of US Airways

Van, your logic is right on the money as I see it.

Therefore with the latest move US will see little if any money from me again. I'll fly CO ro EWR rather than fly US to LGA.

It is not as much them taking items away, it is how and to whom they are hurting that bothers me the most.

I usually fly short hauls, and have been using CO for trans-cons for about 2 1/2 years because US's product was bad, and it only got worse.

They're probably sick and tired of hearing your complaining about our lousy service and piss poor operation so they are driving you away so they can continue to attrack the Wal-Mart crowd with no expectations. You see, they don't care about you! They only care about themselves and the money in their pocket. Since you have high expectations, and with good reason, in mgmt's eyes, that is costing them money because they truly don't want to spend the money to upgrade service and amenities. They want to get out as cheap as they possibly can. They are morons and they simply don't understand. While we are an airline, a mode of transportation that is to get you from point A to point B, we are also in the people business. However, mgmt doesn't comprehend that concept. They have no idea what it means to be customer oriented. NONE! This not only is common sense, but teenagers working at McDonald's and Taco Bell could even tell you that you must be customer oriented if you want a successful business. They just don't care that you are paying higher fares than if you were flying Continental, Delta, American, or United even though they have much better service. They only see dollar signs and infortunately they see you as a liability because you actually have expectations, so they would rather get rid of you and find people who don't care so much about nice service and clean airplanes. I know it is infuriating but what can we do? I wish we could overthrow management some how! They are ruining what used to be such a great airline. I am humiliated on a daily basis because of our shady operation. Ugh! It is so wrong how they are treating all of us and I don't see how they can even sleep at night after constantly screwing everyone over. But then again, they are so clueless, they don't care, and they will never comprehend how to run an effective airline. We may be on profit now but it is luck and their luck is going to run out one of these days.

I'm Kinda Confused...What Does This Have To Do With The Employees? Would you PLEASE Blow Your Hot Air Twards The Appropriate Channels!! Thank You! <_<
I listen to just about EVERY comment you make when it comes to passengers and certainly our FF's. It truly scares the hell out of me that we have employees like YOU at this airline. It's ONE thing to have a management team that thinks as they do but to have an employee feel the same way is horrifying. You are entitled to your opinion and views but I don't get it.....I sure know you DON'T. I mean IS the light on up there? :rolleyes:

The group that started this thread is called, FFOCUS click link for more information.

They are not in my opinion here to help the employees, they are using them to extort extra perks for themselves from airline management. Some posters who have disagreed with them are sent to the cornfield quick.

Most carry the FFOCUS label on their posts, some very familiar posters do not.

I'm Kinda Confused...What Does This Have To Do With The Employees? Would you PLEASE Blow Your Hot Air Twards The Appropriate Channels!! Thank You! <_<
PHLfa88 this one's for you honey:

cluelessness.jpg

The group that started this thread is called, FFOCUS click link for more information.

They are not in my opinion here to help the employees, they are using them to extort extra perks for themselves from airline management. Some posters who have disagreed with them are sent to the cornfield quick.

Lest we forget that the customer is the enemy at US Airways. :unsure:

With all due respect you could not be more wrong. I have not been associated with the group for over two years since I moved on to other airlines, but I remain friends with many of the members.

This group has spent thousands of dollars of their own money ( I personally spent over $500) on the various employees in the dark days of BK 1 & 2. The group has privately and publicly taken the management to task over the way they have treated the employees. Many here who are or where employees can attest to this fact. In fact the well was poisoned with Tempe by Lime Boy when the sand castle took over because we dared to confront them over the way they were treating the employees.

Do they try to protect "their interest"? Absolutely. Why? Because people like me who routinely spend 40-50K a year have moved on to other carriers and they know that US will not survive with out the VFF. My RASM is continues to be above $1 per mile, BTW

And just to answer any questions you may have about why I moved on....it had nothing to do with the perks. The senior management lied to me directly one too many times and I simply will not support a company with liars at the top. Since I've left the lies have continued and to this day I don't understand why this group of dedicated customers continues to support your company.

So in case you have not figured it out....you owe the group an apology

Since I've left the lies have continued and to this day I don't understand why this group of dedicated customers continues to support your company

It is unfortunately, internet click and book now. I disagree with the group using the less informed employees to pursue their goals, some more enlightened ones know that the top management have been planing a business transaction for some time. Employees or frequent flyer's are not now or ever have been high on their priority list. They conned their way in here to try to play Stephen Wolf, with half the brains.

The employees are a lot like the ffocus group, squeezing as much blood out of this turnip before the end.

Employees or frequent flyer's are not now or ever have been high on their priority list. They conned their way in here to try to play Stephen Wolf, with half the brains.
Could not agree more. I saw this coming within months of the merger, thus I moved on. I just couldn't convince my friends to do so as well.....

You might also be surprised to know the group has relationships with most of the unions and their respective leaders and has worked for your causes many times. They have always supported the labor of this airline. Hell, I'm as anti-union as the come, but I even jumped on the bandwagon once or twice...including your USAPA efforts

Perks? LOL :lol:

What "perks?" :huh:

Are there any left to extort???? :ph34r:

FFOCUS TO PARKER: "Mr. Parker, if you don't give us our miles, we'll tell everyone you fly dirty airplanes!"

PARKER TO FFOCUS: "What do you want FFOCUS people? I guess we could trade you some miles and glasses for letting us tke the cheap way out and leave the airplanes filthy.....would that be fair?"

FFOCUS TO PARKER: "Well, we want those airplane wings you use to give to kids, too! Don't hold out on us....or we'll tell EVERYONE about your plan to use plastic party tumblers!"

PARKER TO FFOCUS: "But we're already doing that....isnt there some other "perk" we can give you to shut you up?"

L M A O

TOO funny....yeah nostradamus, you're right....we're just here for the perks, 'cause damnit, I'm a loser and I have NOTHING better to do with my life the beat up on airline people for perks!!!

Gawd, what a GREAT way to end a work week....thanks for the comedy

P.S. - I'm a proud, card carrying member of FFOCUS....and I make no bones nor secrets about it...then again, you're on to me....I'm just here for the perks....hopefully I'll get an some sort of card that enables me to get TWO 3-cent bags of pretzels from here on out! Anything less then TWO and I'm telling EVERYONE about the.....B752s retrofitted with '80's furnishings....oh wait...they were never upgraded to be retrofitted.....never mind...

LMFAO!!!!

yeah I just slap my FFOCUS card on any other airlines and we get all the pity we need nos...very funny! (sarcastic statement)

I don't have one of those, but had I known you guys were getting all the perks, well, shame on me for not getting on the bandwagon sooner! Perks??? :lol:

It does make one wonder how many mental midgets there are out there operating an automobile and, <<<shudder>>>, possibly procreating.

With all due respect you could not be more wrong. I have not been associated with the group for over two years since I moved on to other airlines, but I remain friends with many of the members.

This group has spent thousands of dollars of their own money ( I personally spent over $500) on the various employees in the dark days of BK 1 & 2. The group has privately and publicly taken the management to task over the way they have treated the employees.

I am a member of FFOCUS, and also a friend of longing4piedmont's. :up: My "claim to fame" among my fellow FFOCUS members is that I have now twice flown across the country (once through a Nor'easter) to attend retirement dinners for beloved US employees. Now if that is not dedication and sincerity, I don't know what is. I have also gone out of my way to meet up with US employees in CLT and PHX, when -- quite frankly -- I had a lot of work I could have been doing at the Club during my layovers.

I fly primarily on the cheaper fares (although to the markets I fly, I routely pay $500+), and occasionally I will buy a more expensive ticket if my plans are uncertain. Most of my flying is on my own dime, but occasionally I fly US for business. While glassware is nice (and important to someone who is paying the full load to sit up front), I am far more concerned with "Reliability, Convenience, and Appearance." I do not make my purchasing decisions on price alone, but on a combination of the above factors.....as well as elite benefits. I won't pretend that they are not iimportant. But give me an exit row seat with plenty of legroom, and I couldn't care less about being up front. I would like to think that I am the type of customer whom US is targeting, but apparently yesterday I discovered I was not, since most of my $500 fares include Express legs of precisely 104 miles.

Unlike many of the customers who post on this board, I have not left US.....yet. I actually had an itinerary (comprised of 3 legs under 500 miles) which was in "T/A approval limbo" at the time US sent me its surprise Valentine's Day e-mail. It was approved first thing the next morning, so I guess I'm stuck on US for the next few weeks. But this was the last straw for me, and there is a very good chance that I will never fly US again after my two outstanding itineraries are over. And I truly am sorry for all of the wonderful employees whom I have come to know if their company goes under because of this latest short-sighted decision.

Back