Another Fine Scab Job !

Saturdaynite

Jun 26, 2005
09/23/2005
NWA flt 88 HNL-SEA had an air turnback today. It appears the scabs forgot to remove the gear pins, and for some strange reason the gear wouldn't retract.

Nice going you morons !

SN

Saturdaynite said:
09/23/2005
NWA flt 88 HNL-SEA had an air turnback today. It appears the scabs forgot to remove the gear pins, and for some strange reason the gear wouldn't retract.

Nice going you morons !

SN
[post="304747"][/post]​
I hate the scabs just like you do but is'nt it the FO's job to pull the gears pins on the walk around???? Just a question ;)

Two fold answer, where I work its the mechanics job to pull the pins when the plane gets to the gate, but also the pilot doing the walk around should have noticed those little red flags hanging out of the gear wells!!!

AP Tech said:
Two fold answer, where I work its the mechanics job to pull the pins when the plane gets to the gate, but also the pilot doing the walk around should have noticed those little red flags hanging out of the gear wells!!!
[post="304766"][/post]​

We had that happen several times at US. Mechanics and flight crew both missing them. So many times that a policy was put into our policy manual. It happened again after that. It is a "human" error, not "scab" error.

Well, It is human error when humans are doing it, but it is SCAB error when a scabs are doing it. :closedeyes:

sentrido said:
Well, It is human error when humans are doing it, but it is SCAB error when a scabs are doing it. :closedeyes:
[post="304774"][/post]​

I'll buy that logic. Never looked at it that way.

You guys never quit do you? Your own union leaders are becoming scabs and you refuse to accept the fact that before to long the entire industry is going to be made of scabs. You had better get use to the idea of it, soon we will be moving to your neighborhood.

PlayTheOdds said:
You guys never quit do you? Your own union leaders are becoming scabs and you refuse to accept the fact that before to long the entire industry is going to be made of scabs. You had better get use to the idea of it, soon we will be moving to your neighborhood.
[post="305021"][/post]​
That would be the old union that was booted....

BTW...move on in, the scab mobile will be visiting soon.

PlayTheOdds said:
[post="305021"][/post]​
Ever here of ethics. Honor isnt something you choose to have depending on the situation its either in you or it isnt and pto you are either management stiring the phsyco pot or you were born with no sense of pride of who or what a man should be. If your not part of corporate america which has no human emotion then your the guy who fakes being wounded in the battle field so he wont have to stick his head up and help defend his own ass as well as the man next to him who by the way is fighting his ass off with no selfishness to defend you as well as himself!

scorpian, I have ethics and honor, just because they don't follow the same guidelines as yours doesn't mean they are any less important. You believe that corrupt unions are an honorable thing, I do not. I think that Northwest has the ability to be a great company, you do not. It is simply a matter of opinion and where your interest lies. Why do only a very small percentage of working Americans belong to a union? Why is the majority of the labor force happy or content with their jobs and don't require a union. Do you really think your little corrupt unions actually have any effect on their jobs? I don't think so.

PlayTheOdds said:
scorpian, I have ethics and honor, just because they don't follow the same guidelines as yours doesn't mean they are any less important. You believe that corrupt unions are an honorable thing, I do not. I think that Northwest has the ability to be a great company, you do not. It is simply a matter of opinion and where your interest lies. Why do only a very small percentage of working Americans belong to a union? Why is the majority of the labor force happy or content with their jobs and don't require a union. Do you really think your little corrupt unions actually have any effect on their jobs? I don't think so.
[post="305069"][/post]​
I believe corrupt unions are an honorable thing?

I'm not advocating unions I'm speaking about real men honoring each other! Corporate america is just that, a corporation. Northwest has the ability to be a great company just like southwest, american etc.etc. but you only have the ability to be an honorable man by honoring men not corporations.

I work with a great bunch of mechanics. We work hard side by side and assist each other in anyway possible. Just last week there was a mechanic that we thought was unjustly fired. We all went individually to our supervisor and spoke on his behalf. The mechanic has since returned to work. There have been other mechanics that were fired for good reason. They are gone with no drug-out arbitration. Even us independent lowly contractors a capable of joining when necessary. This board is proof enough that you guys aren't about honoring men but a corrupt corporation known as a UNION. According to you guys if you are not pro-union you are lowlife scum.

PlayTheOdds said:
I work with a great bunch of mechanics. We work hard side by side and assist each other in anyway possible. Just last week there was a mechanic that we thought was unjustly fired. We all went individually to our supervisor and spoke on his behalf. The mechanic has since returned to work. There have been other mechanics that were fired for good reason. They are gone with no drug-out arbitration. Even us independent lowly contractors a capable of joining when necessary. This board is proof enough that you guys aren't about honoring men but a corrupt corporation known as a UNION. According to you guys if you are not pro-union you are lowlife scum.
[post="305074"][/post]​

I like how you frased that. (We went individually to our supervisor). The key word here is (WE). It doesnt matter if you and the other individuals as a group pay dues to a common organization or if its as group of like minded individuals working to meet the same end result, its a form of unionism. Your saying you stood up for a fellow amt or even another man regardless of classification because of an injustice is honorable,,,,,,, but where does this put you other than on the top honors list for the hypocrate of the year award?????????