Status
Not open for further replies.
mrfish3726 said:
Straaightaalk says "I'm no fan of United, but this thread is ridiculous."

YEAH, but they started it!  :p LMAO
[post="278553"][/post]​

True that Fly loves to dish it out.

Unfortunately, the thread starter THIS TIME AROUND is YOU, Mrfish. :rolleyes:

Just posted an article from the Rocky Mountain News is all! It was about UniTED and NOT F9. If it about F9 I post in the non forum airline section. It was a factual legit post! ;)

mrfish3726 said:
Just posted an article from the Rocky Mountain News is all! It was about UniTED and NOT F9. If it about F9 I post in the non forum airline section. It was a factual legit post! ;)
[post="278596"][/post]​

I will say that anybody who throws Fly's BS right back at her is OK in my book. :p

Perhaps part of the reason the customer in Rio encountered such good service is because UA's Brazilian employees have watched their operation continually shrinking and slots be passed out to other airlines. Fear of being put on the street is a strong motivator to perform although most of the foreign employees of US airlines give better service than their domestic counterparts.

Anecdotal evidence regarding service is rather meaningless... you can find plenty of people who have experienced good service and you can find plenty that experienced bad service. The only reliable barometers of airline service are large scale scientific studies that deal with service and not the financial condition of the company that some studies seem to think has an influence on service. While United can be criticized for many things, their employees have managed to deliver consistently good service for the better part of the time since the fasten seat belt sign came on w/ vigor for the legacy airlines after 9/11.

While good service won't necessarily ensure a future for the company or its employees it will go a long to keep customers flying while other issues are addressed.

And AA is OK in mine DITTO! AA is ten times the carrier UniTED will EVER be again. :up:

Some at AA might still have some resentment to their management. But at least they haven't slaughtered the masses to survive. You the employees have helped at the same time the company worked on other areas for cuts. Not just concentrating on wages/pension issues like at UAL and US. Yeah you have lost jobs, but nothing on the scale as UniTED, US Air, or Delta has. Especially in your maintenance department, you at AA should be glad that Tulsa, Chicago, DFW, and Alliance are still open and operating. And I found it to be a very professional thing that AA did by putting money in the pension fund. Won't it be ironic when UniTED, Delta, NWA, US AIR have all dumped their pension problems on the American public. Then you all at AA will be able to claim that you are the greatest airline in America, a survivor, and one that never counted on BK or hand outs to make it thru the nuclear winter LOL. :D

mrfish3726 said:
And AA is OK in mine DITTO! AA is ten times the carrier UniTED will EVER be again.  :up:

Some at AA might still have some resentment to their management. But at least they haven't slaughtered the masses to survive. You the employees have helped at the same time the company worked on other areas for cuts. Not just concentrating on wages/pension issues like at UAL and US. Yeah you have lost jobs, but nothing on the scale as UniTED, US Air, or Delta has. Especially in your maintenance department, you at AA should be glad that Tulsa, Chicago, DFW, and Alliance are still open and operating. And I found it to be a very professional thing that AA did by putting money in the pension fund. Won't it be ironic when UniTED, Delta, NWA, US AIR have all dumped their pension problems on the American public. Then you all at AA will be able to claim that you are the greatest airline in America, a survivor, and one that never counted on BK or hand outs to make it thru the nuclear winter LOL.  :D
[post="278604"][/post]​

Thanks, MrFish. I know that there is alot of mistrust on both sides, but we are trying.

Fly likes to call us the "bendovas," or whatever, but, at least, to this point, we have been able to stay out of the big BK, and that is worth something. The only people who benefit from BK are the lawyers.

I am proud of AA...always have been. Of course, I have issues with management, and there are things I would like to have seen done differently, but, if I had to be at a legacy carrier, I am happy that it is AA.

Of course, I have heard and read only good stuff about Frontier. You guys rock.

Of course, this is where Fly jumps in, gortesque avatar and all, to make some snide remark.

C54Capt said:
Fly,

You of all people know that every airline has their "fan mail" and UAL probably has 15 times more than Frontier because they are at least that much larger of an operation. Why do you stoop to join the others in this bashing. I think that you will find Frontier highly regarded by most of its customers and most of the folks in Denver.
[post="278485"][/post]​

C54 capt,
care to back up your assertions with more than anything than the rose colored glasses you view your employer through??

You are approaching fishy in the "lack of credibility" department with your subjective drivel about F9. I am aware of no accolades for your employer in the customer service or timeliness arenas....

Please enlighten me, oh objective one.

JBG

Fish started the mudslinging by starting the topic. Every Airline, in the name of cost cutting,( and the fact that customers demand 1970's service), is going to leave expectations 'wanting' to a degree. It's the nature of the beast--deregulation is. What I find striking is that Fish is actually stupid enough to promote the idea that "it can't happen here" manifesto that is universally present throughout the Industry.

mrfish3726 said:
Straaightaalk says "I'm no fan of United, but this thread is ridiculous."

YEAH, but they started it! :p LMAO
[post="278553"][/post]​

FishHead,

You started this thread and no one else.
Did you find this on untied.com?
If your inference that UAL 'started' kicking Frontier’s butt then you are probably correct.
BTW, how many times has Frontier been a memory?
Seems I remember working on some 727's from Frontier at one time.
(Changing the paint to United)

B) UT

jbguppy said:
C54 capt,
care to back up your assertions with more than anything than the rose colored glasses you view your employer through??

You are approaching fishy in the "lack of credibility" department with your subjective drivel about F9. I am aware of no accolades for your employer in the customer service or timeliness arenas....
Please enlighten me, oh objective one.
JBG
[post="278627"][/post]​

Wow jbguppy!!! What a slam. Where did you come from? Besides I wasn't talking to you.

In any case, if you are referencing my comments about F9, I'm sure you can find the rankings of "best airlines" somewhwere on the internet. Maybe Mr. Fish can help you out. No rose colored glasses here jbguppy, just stating my opinion based on facts. I was merely trying to help keep this thread from turning into another airline bashing fest. Thanks for bashing me idiot, grow up!!!

C54Capt said:
Wow jbguppy!!!  What a slam.  Where did you come from?  Besides I wasn't talking to you.

In any case, if you are referencing my comments about F9, I'm sure you can find the rankings of "best airlines" somewhwere on the internet.  Maybe Mr. Fish can help you out.  No rose colored glasses here jbguppy, just stating my opinion based on facts.  I was merely trying to help keep this thread from turning into another airline bashing fest.  Thanks for bashing me idiot, grow up!!!
[post="278644"][/post]​

Care to back up your assertions with facts, DOT on time rankings, anything else, market share numbers, anything other than a failed foray into LAX, or anything other than "we parked all our 737's and we wish we didn't have to take all these airbusses so fast." Give me anything other than "we have cute animals on our tails that talk in commercials."

Your assertion that your airline is well thought of in DEN or anywhere is nothing more than your opinion is my point.

While I challenged your view point and your credibility, instead of responding with facts, you stooped to calling me names....

Who needs to grow up?? :shock:

JBG

PS - you're quite emotional, perhaps you need a rest?

C54CAPT,

I got that information off of SKYTRAX the Aviation equivelant of Consumer Reports. It must be embarassing to not even be in the rankings!!!! But then again when people asked me were I worked three years ago I was very reluctant and most embarassed to tell them that it was UniTED (AKA UAL HELL) :blink: . But now when they ask I PROUDLY tell them Denvers Hometown Airline Frontier :up:

mrfish3726 said:
C54CAPT,

I got that information off of SKYTRAX the Aviation equivelant of Consumer Reports. It must be embarassing to not even be in the rankings!!!! But then again when people asked me were I worked three years ago I was very reluctant and most embarassed to tell them that it was UniTED (AKA UAL HELL) :blink: . But now when they ask I PROUDLY tell them Denvers Hometown Airline Frontier :up:
[post="278818"][/post]​

The 'Aviation equivalant of Consumer Reports'?? NOT :down: Try the OAG Airline of the Year Awards for REAL AIRLINES!!! Who won the BEST Trans Pacific? UNITED. Who won NOTHING? Frontier

Check out the WINNERS here

Wow......United is mentioned very often...but where is Frontier? hmmmm :ph34r:

FLY,

OAG has nothing to do with the paying passenger putting in their 2 cents worth as they do at SKYTRAX. OAG is mainly Professional travel and transportation mainly to do with Travel Agencies is all. Were as in SKYTRAX they rate airlines from customers, not Professional entities. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! These guys at OAG are just gauging a product is all and nothing to do with the average paying passenger. And yes UniTED was NOMINATED for several awards, but beaten out by much better companies. UniTED really doesn't have to much competition in the TransPacific market from other US airlines (market share) now do they???

Fly

That's why at SKYTRAX UniTED is ranked as a 3 star carrier, your average pax thinks they SUC :down: !!!! Unlike Denvers Hometown Airline FRONTIER who again in 2005 is a 4 star rating :up: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back