Any Truth To The Rumor?

jbragg476

Advanced
Feb 27, 2004
I heard that Flight Attendants currently on furlough and who had passes on MAA had recieved letters informing them that they may soon be recalled to Mainline. Source told me like 400 letters went out. Just wondering if anyone had any additional info. Are they expecting a lot of people to leave next year with the buyouts and all? What's the story guys?

I am not sure about any letter sent to MAA for a recall, but if this T/A ratifies, it will because of folks who want out. This proposal is very concessionary and keeps wages down for another 7 years (basically a decade if you count from 2002).

If folks believe they can't do that for the next 10 years of their working life, with no pension, or enough extra money to put in a 401K, they will opt out for other jobs that allow for weekends and holidays off, and a life that they can finally share with their families.

If this assumption takes place, many senior reserves will hold permanent lines of flying for the first time. Everyone will move up, and there maybe a "recall" finally for the INVOLs who want to come back to "mainline".

Those on MAA may opt not to come back as they know they will be reserve for a very long time and displaced. So who knows at that point.

jbragg476 said:
I heard that Flight Attendants currently on furlough and who had passes on MAA had recieved letters informing them that they may soon be recalled to Mainline. Source told me like 400 letters went out. Just wondering if anyone had any additional info. Are they expecting a lot of people to leave next year with the buyouts and all? What's the story guys?
[post="230807"][/post]​

I passed and have not received any letters. I'll post if I do

I also passed this Last Round of MAA Classes and received no such letter...sounds like a rumor to me. <_<

Yeah and a big Thank You for Perry! Too bad hes leaving maybe MS X will be next?

Thanks to all for the info. I assumed it was bad information. I couldn't imagine them even considering calling anyone back to the mainline arena. I mean just look @ the numbers and how many people are sitting reserve next month and this month who barly have 40 hrs in and it's already the 23rd.

I can only imagine that layoffs will occur after the first from mainline despite if the contract is approved and people are thinking about leaving. Thanks again all.
Have a nice Christmas.