APFA Constitutional Amendments

Ok. How's this for constructive? You ought to find out what you're talking about before you post. FYI, the APFA Vice-Chair at St. Louis (note spelling) will have 22 years with American Airlines in January. She is not furloughed and never has been as far as I know.

I can assure you that the Blessed Order of the Perpetually Trip-Removed will find another job at headquarters for those f/as who will no longer be going to the mailbox to pick up the ballots. Where do you get this stuff? Trip removals for going to the pick up the mail? I think it's a bit more than that. Besides, the Post Office has a new thing where they deliver the mail to the address specified or to the mailbox.

Ok. How's this for constructive? You ought to find out what you're talking about before you post. FYI, the APFA Vice-Chair at St. Louis (note spelling) will have 22 years with American Airlines in January. She is not furloughed and never has been as far as I know.

I can assure you that the Blessed Order of the Perpetually Trip-Removed will find another job at headquarters for those f/as who will no longer be going to the mailbox to pick up the ballots. Where do you get this stuff? Trip removals for going to the pick up the mail? I think it's a bit more than that. Besides, the Post Office has a new thing where they deliver the mail to the address specified or to the mailbox.

Jimmy from Texas as refered to from APFA..since you do call them and they know you very well, I've been thinking for sometime.. I Nominate you to run for the next base chair at St. louis. I'm young enough to be your daughter I can't belive some off the stuff , however 10 yers your sen and ......................................... I'd expect more from you. I wasn't starting a fight, what information did you base chair give you, before you voted no, all I was doing was doing was relaying the information I reciveed by APFA and my V-chair..

I guess since you have decided being snarky in every post is OK. It should then be fine for us all to do the same. So hows this for constructive? All ballots are returned to a P.O. Box. Ballots are retrieved from the post office box, by no less than two designated people. All ballots are checked off and kept secured until they are opened and counted by the balloting committee and a set number of witnesses representing either side of the vote.

I guess since you have decided being snarky in every post is OK. It should then be fine for us all to do the same. So hows this for constructive? All ballots are returned to a P.O. Box. Ballots are retrieved from the post office box, by no less than two designated people. All ballots are checked off and kept secured until they are opened and counted by the balloting committee and a set number of witnesses representing either side of the vote.

This is supposed to protect the integrity of the ballot return but from past election experience we all know that has been suspect. I would be more concerned about accounting for the ballots sent to "bad" addresses and returned to Useless. Too easy for ballots to be "marked" and remailed. Sorry if I'm a skeptic but past voting irregularities should make everyone question any and all APFA votes. Not to worry, if the unwanted decision comes in they'll just extend the vote.

As for "all of the work" the APFA does for those furloughed, please ask them what they've done? The base budgets no longer include those furloughed. The APFA has done NOTHING to assist in fighting the lack of required WARN notification. No furloughed are able to access WINGS assistance. There is no financial assistance anywhere within the APFA. They gave away furlough pay (now a $28,000 per 2 time furloughee give back). I would have less problem with a poll tax (how offensive is that) if you were able to start "fresh" upon recall. This is about voting yet you will STILL be required to pay back dues and will have lost the right to vote. Taxation without representation. I want to hear one logical justification for requiring one to back pay IF their right to vote has been removed. If they want to charge dues while on furlough the right to vote should not be attached.

This is supposed to protect the integrity of the ballot return but from past election experience we all know that has been suspect. I would be more concerned about accounting for the ballots sent to "bad" addresses and returned to Useless. Too easy for ballots to be "marked" and remailed. Sorry if I'm a skeptic but past voting irregularities should make everyone question any and all APFA votes. Not to worry, if the unwanted decision comes in they'll just extend the vote.

As for "all of the work" the APFA does for those furloughed, please ask them what they've done? The base budgets no longer include those furloughed. The APFA has done NOTHING to assist in fighting the lack of required WARN notification. No furloughed are able to access WINGS assistance. There is no financial assistance anywhere within the APFA. They gave away furlough pay (now a $28,000 per 2 time furloughee give back). I would have less problem with a poll tax (how offensive is that) if you were able to start "fresh" upon recall. This is about voting yet you will STILL be required to pay back dues and will have lost the right to vote. Taxation without representation. I want to hear one logical justification for requiring one to back pay IF their right to vote has been removed. If they want to charge dues while on furlough the right to vote should not be attached.

If you don't like it then file a lawsuit!

Jimmy from Texas as refered to from APFA..since you do call them and they know you very well, I've been thinking for sometime.. I Nominate you to run for the next base chair at St. louis. I'm young enough to be your daughter I can't belive some off the stuff , however 10 yers your sen and ......................................... I'd expect more from you. I wasn't starting a fight, what information did you base chair give you, before you voted no, all I was doing was doing was relaying the information I reciveed by APFA and my V-chair..

Well, Bossy from (who cares), I'm not interested anymore. As I tried to point out--but obviously using facts just confuses you since you already have your mind made up--I spent a lot of time trying to work within the system to help junior f/as. The APFA was no more interested then than they are now.

If your base chair told you that both St. Louis APFA reps were on furlough, then your base chair doesn't know what he/she is talking about. And, I didn't need my base chair to give me any information about the amendments. I read the literature sent out from APFA headquarters on my own. I made my decision to vote NO on all amendments from the official information provided by the union. I didn't need my base chair to tell me how to vote.

If you were my daughter you would be sent to your room without supper for disrespect.

I voted Yes on all the resolutions except for the Dues Increase and the Dues Obligation. Rock's spin wagon sent out some stuff talking about voting NO on the management members of APFA and because it will screw people doing special assignment, but it only pertains to folks who take a permanent management position, so I see no problem with that.

I voted NO on the dues increase basically because of the floor of $42. If they tired it to step 12 domestic pay, then fine, but if, G_d forbid we have another attack and the economy goes south and we have more pay cuts, dues could not go below 42, even if step 12 is now at 32 an hour.

I also voted NO on the dues obligation, mainly because I felt the folks on furlough should have the option to suspend their dues obligation and be inactive if they choose and then pick up where they left on when being recalled. I don't like the idea that they are obligated to all that money accrued on furlough. I see no problem with paying dues to vote, but for folks not on payroll, I think they should have been given the option to bow out until recalled if THEY choose to.

Well, Bossy from (who cares), I'm not interested anymore. As I tried to point out--but obviously using facts just confuses you since you already have your mind made up--I spent a lot of time trying to work within the system to help junior f/as. The APFA was no more interested then than they are now.

If your base chair told you that both St. Louis APFA reps were on furlough, then your base chair doesn't know what he/she is talking about. And, I didn't need my base chair to give me any information about the amendments. I read the literature sent out from APFA headquarters on my own. I made my decision to vote NO on all amendments from the official information provided by the union. I didn't need my base chair to tell me how to vote.

If you were my daughter you would be sent to your room without supper for disrespect.
On topic please, it was never said that your base chairs were furloughed, what was ment is that if any base chair is fuloughed they do not pay union dues, however they earn a paycheck like you and me because they are working.

Base funds are allocated on base head count, however any inactive F/a can call their chair and the chair must answer and represent that person for what ever issue or concern they may have., so you and I are sharing and supporting them.

please go after or defend the postion and not the person nor their personality, we can agree disagree but not with Karal Rove tatics.

On topic please, it was never said that your base chairs were furloughed, what was ment is that if any base chair is fuloughed they do not pay union dues, however they earn a paycheck like you and me because they are working.

Base funds are allocated on base head count, however any inactive F/a can call their chair and the chair must answer and represent that person for what ever issue or concern they may have., so you and I are sharing and supporting them.

please go after or defend the postion and not the person nor their personality, we can agree disagree but not with Karal Rove tatics.

So the 2 bases that are most affected by furloughs now actually have someone to represent their interests. Seems like a win, win.

Bed without dinner ok, just as long as I can meet my date at the mall.

Great reply, Jim.
Also, besides "St.Luis", Boston's "constructive reply's only" needs a spell checker. Replies is plural. Reply's possessive.

What was meant (note spelling) is not what was said...Your retort still shows lack of thought. Yes, if a base chair and vice-chair are furloughed they don't have to pay dues, but that is not just SLT that is any base. Also, as I pointed out the SLT Vice-chair has 22 years this month. What are the chances she would be furloughed?

St. Luis APFA base and vice chair on furlough earning a salery do not pay APFA dues

The company APFA is looking at for electronic balliting has only re-done an election once in 9yrs, this would also eleminate the 2 f/as going out to the mailbox to collect the ballats,posatgae ect, we pay there trip removals as we pay for the non essential fa's on the nego team.
I repeat, do you seriously believe that f/as are trip removed for no other reason than to go to the mailbox to pick up ballots (again, note spelling)? Not even the APFA is that inefficient.

You don't seem to have a position other than your unreasoning paranoia about the former TW f/as. And, if you are a true union person you will quit referring to them that way. At the time they were furloughed, their paychecks were issued by AMR Corporation and they paid dues to the APFA. That makes them AA flight attendants. You must be truly loved by the former Reno f/as, or the former Eastern f/as, or the former Air Cal f/as, or is just former TW f/as that have your knickers in a twist?

And, if you want someone to argue intelligently with you, you really should check your spelling. The gentleman (and I use the term generically) who engineered George W. Bush's rise to the Presidency of the United States is Karl (not Karal) Rove. And, the word is tactics.

I repeat, do you seriously believe that f/as are trip removed for no other reason than to go to the mailbox to pick up ballots (again, note spelling)? Not even the APFA is that inefficient.
I do. They are members of the balloting committee. They maintain control and the integrity of the ballots and the elections. You see Jim you can make a post with out being demeaning, snarky or attacking someones spelling as though that somehow makes your argument more valid.

I do. They are members of the balloting committee. They maintain control and the integrity of the ballots and the elections. You see Jim you can make a post with out being demeaning, snarky or attacking someones spelling as though that somehow makes your argument more valid.

Well if that is true, they should be replaced. Every recent election has had ballot issues. I have never seen a union with so many voting irregularities since the old Hoffa days..lol