APFA shows it's true colors toward former TWA

"Non-sense?" you dont know me...I did'nt learn cutthroat until about 4 years ago. I can only speak for my self and most of the people that I know personally, and slotting would have been fair. And God bless our ramp and mechanic guys and gals for at least getting something.
Yeah, and they are not happy with that something (which is exactly what they had at TWA). They want to take what AA ramp and mechanics had before this wasteful transaction. The lawsuits and grievances that they have filed confirms this fact.

Yeah, and they are not happy with that something (which is exactly what they had at TWA). They want to take what AA ramp and mechanics had before this wasteful transaction. The lawsuits and grievances that they have filed confirms this fact.

This thread is about APFA's unfair treatment of the former TWA flight attendants and the fact that they have the fidiciary responsibilty to help secure extended recall rights for their membership...or at least look like they're making an attempt.

If y'all look back at all the mergers and aquisitions over the years, you will notice that there was not one complete staple jobe except at AA. :down: Even the Pan Am F/a's that were hired at Delta received something for their years.

APFA is not a Union it is an organization who is in bed with the company. :eek:

I can't debate with someone who only sees the world in black and white. Be well.
And I can't debate someone who does not understand the legal concept of "duty of fair representation" or can't understand that the TWA F/A's would have behaved like the ex-TWA ramp and mechanics. The former TWA pilots are another example. 40% got dovetailed into AA's pilot roster and the other 60% stapled. They got thrown "a few bones" as you put it and were they happy? No. They appealed all the way to the US Supreme court trying to get date of hire. The US Supreme court decided not to hear the case; which means they lost. Good day.

This thread is about APFA's unfair treatment of the former TWA flight attendants and the fact that they have the fidiciary responsibilty to help secure extended recall rights for their membership...or at least look like they're making an attempt.
Do you think that AA would just open up and extend the recall rights period? Only if the APFA offered to take another paycut. And I don't think that the AActive F/As will go for it.

If y'all look back at all the mergers and aquisitions over the years, you will notice that there was not one complete staple jobe except at AA. :down: Even the Pan Am F/a's that were hired at Delta received something for their years.

APFA is not a Union it is an organization who is in bed with the company. :eek:
Pan Am did not take people by seniority. They took basically all the people in NYC, leaving most of the people in MIA to rot in the unemployment line. As for the Pan AM pilots, DL only took the A-310 qualified pilots and left the others (including the most senior 747 pilots) to rot in the unemployment line. Except for pilots, DL is non-union. Even with PA pilots represented by ALPA (same as twa) DL took who they wanted out of seniority order and left the rest.

And I can't debate someone who does not understand the legal concept of "duty of fair representation" or can't understand that the TWA F/A's would have behaved like the ex-TWA ramp and mechanics. The former TWA pilots are another example. 40% got dovetailed into AA's pilot roster and the other 60% stapled. They got thrown "a few bones" as you put it and were they happy? No. They appealed all the way to the US Supreme court trying to get date of hire. The US Supreme court decided not to hear the case; which means they lost. Good day.
Do you think that AA would just open up and extend the recall rights period? Only if the APFA offered to take another paycut. And I don't think that the AActive F/As will go for it.
Pan Am did not take people by seniority. They took basically all the people in NYC, leaving most of the people in MIA to rot in the unemployment line. As for the Pan AM pilots, DL only took the A-310 qualified pilots and left the others (including the most senior 747 pilots) to rot in the unemployment line. Except for pilots, DL is non-union. Even with PA pilots represented by ALPA (same as twa) DL took who they wanted out of seniority order and left the rest.

Not true!!! I have two friends who are former PA f/a's and they did get some type of ratio for their time at DL. Pleeze. They even had to interview for their job at DL but did not get the complete SCREW JOB that APFA gave us.

Why don't you go onthe DL board and ask some of the former PA f/a's for yourself.

We are supposed to be Union Brothers and Sisters...NOT!

Not true!!! I have two friends who are former PA f/a's and they did get some type of ratio for their time at DL. Pleeze. They even had to interview for their job at DL but did not get the complete SCREW JOB that APFA gave us.

Why don't you go onthe DL board and ask some of the former PA f/a's for yourself.

Mr/Mrs. Complainer,

Maybe you should get off that couch and file charges against the IAM. The IAM signed away all TWA f/a's seniority for the acquisition to go forward. Article 1 of the APFA CBA protects all of our seniority in the event of an acquisition/merger. The TWA CBA had that signed away!

If you still want to fly try some of these:

1. United

2. Continental Airlines

3. US Airways

4. Alaska Airlines (Updated as of July 10, 2006)

Did DL take ALL the PA F/As on the union roster, or only some? Did DL promise the ones that were rejected "recall rights"? Did DL offer jobs to ALL PA F/As? Did DL take the PA flight attendants in seniority order? DL basically took all the employees who were in JFK. The PA MIA employees basically got nothing from DL. They were left to twist in the wind. The advantage that most of the PA F/As had was their ability to speak foreign languages. The only pilots they took were the ones who flew the A310. Yes, DL gave them their "seniority", but what does "seniority" really mean in a non-union company such as DL?

What misinformation is that? Please elaborate. I post facts and all the "red-headed stepchildren" respond with their typical non-informative twa tripe.

Since '"red-headed stepchildren" respond with their typical non-informative twa tripe', it is obvious the only thing you can hear is what you want to hear. You show your discriminatory and hostile feelings towards TWAers with such a statement. No sense replying to those who cannot hear and be open to the viewpoints of others.

I don't need to get off the couch and FYI it is Mr. I put 21 years into TWA and just being shy of 50 before my furlough I got screwed out of passes and retirement benefits. We had people who had less time than I did and got everything. That's fair?

And I do not need to go apply to another airline. Fortunately I can survive without AMR. Many of my colleagues need to return just to survive. How do you take a 45yr dedicated TWA employee and just throw them on the street like garbage? Well AA and their so called Union's did.

As far as seniority look at the UA/PA f/a's who received their rightful slot and many other airlines who treated their co-workers with respect and dignity..ie. NW-REPUBLIC -TWA-OZARK-US-PIEDMONT-US-AW.

APFA has been in bed with the company to do everything in their power to sign LOA's to keep the TERRIBLE TWA f/a's off the property until their recall rights expire. The TWA pilots have unlimited recall rights while the TWA f/a's have five year recall rights and even the nAAtives will fall off this October <sacrificial Lamb's>.

Union's are to protect job's and I must say APFA has done a lousy job of doing that.

Back