Are JB Pilots Organizing?

Rhino

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Heard from a fairly reliable source that JB pilots are actively engaged in creating a union. True?

Heard from a fairly reliable source that JB pilots are actively engaged in creating a union. True?
Well, I came to this thread because I just heard the same thing. It is ALPA that they are talking to and I heard that ALPA is offering JB Captain jobs if they come to ALPA and there is a buy out or merge. IE; if JB gets bought out... then a furloughed NWA guy that went to JB and is there for two years and is a Capt. (A320) will keep a Capt. job over a guy that has twenty years at NWA. They NWA guy will be bumped to the 9. My thought is that it will never happen.

Well, I came to this thread because I just heard the same thing. It is ALPA that they are talking to and I heard that ALPA is offering JB Captain jobs if they come to ALPA and there is a buy out or merge. IE; if JB gets bought out... then a furloughed NWA guy that went to JB and is there for two years and is a Capt. (A320) will keep a Capt. job over a guy that has twenty years at NWA. They NWA guy will be bumped to the 9. My thought is that it will never happen.

Ah, yes sarcasm. :down: Organizing? Well I would bet money the B6 pilots will have an opportunity to vote on some kind of union this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Why wouldnt the JB320 capt keep his seat in the 320? Would you expect him to go back to his previous NW seniority number?

He would keep his seniority with and position within JB's list. Any "Bump n Flush" would be a winfall for someone...I dont think ALPA or any others would advocate this.

He would just renounce his forlough rites to his previous carrier and keep his seat at the new list as a JB merged captain. Unless his forloughed number somehow put him where he would rather be, a choice he would have the option to make.

I would say ALL JB pilots would keep flying their equipment until they wanted to bid something else, and that would be predicated on the outcome of the merged list.

Also the NW guy with 20yrs wouldnt get "Bumped" to the nine unless time was reduced in his base on the equipment he was on.(assuming he is capt on the 320)

So nobody looses anything, unless they elect to shift to something they couldnt hold before anyway....

-----------------------------------------------------------
Why wouldnt the JB320 capt keep his seat in the 320? Would you expect him to go back to his previous NW seniority number?

He would keep his seniority with and position within JB's list. Any "Bump n Flush" would be a winfall for someone...I dont think ALPA or any others would advocate this.

He would just renounce his forlough rites to his previous carrier and keep his seat at the new list as a JB merged captain. Unless his forloughed number somehow put him where he would rather be, a choice he would have the option to make.

I would say ALL JB pilots would keep flying their equipment until they wanted to bid something else, and that would be predicated on the outcome of the merged list.

Also the NW guy with 20yrs wouldnt get "Bumped" to the nine unless time was reduced in his base on the equipment he was on.(assuming he is capt on the 320)

So nobody looses anything, unless they elect to shift to something they couldnt hold before anyway....
The way I heard it was that the JB guys would get woven into the list above their date of hire. I personally belive that there would be fences.