ARE YOU REALLY SURE THAT YOU WISH TO BE RID OF ALPA?

cactusboy53

Veteran
May 9, 2007
UPDATE: United Airlines CEO: 5-Year Plan May Include Mergers

United Airlines chief Glenn Tilton gave investors something to think about, saying the No. 2 U.S. carrier's five-year plan may include playing a role in industry mergers and new futures for its maintenance and mileage businesses.

Tilton, who is also CEO of United Airlines holding company UAL Corp. (UAUA), said Friday in a note to staff that the airline will invest about $4 billion over the next five years to "support improvements for customers and employees.

Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-200710...dist_smartbrief

I think if the USAPA had any say it would be Length of service, based on DOH

Those terms are not synonymous. Length of service discounts somebody's furlough time, date-of-hire does not. I'm sure USAPA's "junior" supporters would like to know if they count furlough time or not.

I say stay with ALPA you guys at the EAST think ! Oh my God Remember the wizard of oz oops sorry. You feel that its your entitlement to get date of hire .Well guess again you all are cupcakes with no frosting. What are you feeling sorry for ,your past Union Leaders I say Chris Beebe deserves a retirement but screw the rest of you. Its a pecking order Boys so bend over your enthusiasm is FLAT

United Airlines chief Glenn Tilton gave investors something to think about, saying the No. 2 U.S. carrier's five-year plan may include playing a role in industry mergers and new futures for its maintenance and mileage businesses.

Tilton, who is also CEO of United Airlines holding company UAL Corp. (UAUA), said Friday in a note to staff that the airline will invest about $4 billion over the next five years to "support improvements for customers and employees.

What I got, from our employee intranet site - was that they are positioning UAL to have the cash on hand to buy or be in the drivers seat WHEN consolidation happens, and if it doesn't - Tilton is pretty dead set on making it happen by making the first move. If they spin off Maint. and MP they will have around 10 billion in cash.

Those terms are not synonymous. Length of service discounts somebody's furlough time, date-of-hire does not. I'm sure USAPA's "junior" supporters would like to know if they count furlough time or not.
Why not, the AWA guys got credit for their furlough time.

Ok, might UAL have the majority to "impose" a Union on us much like we are trying to impose USAPA on the west. You know the old saying...what goes around... The precedent we set today might just come back to haunt us tomorrow.

There will be a "transaction" between US and UAL pretty soon. And HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough, How about DOH adjusted for length of service

Just curious:

1)Is everything that comes from the west fear based?

2)Do you people honestly have even any small fantasy that Alpo will offer up any protection for you? Cards and Dice have no memory..and AWA's hardly the poster child of Alpo.

Ok, might UAL have the majority to "impose" a Union on us much like we are trying to impose USAPA on the west. You know the old saying...what goes around... The precedent we set today might just come back to haunt us tomorrow.

Anything's possible in the future, that's the beauty of being alive. You, for example, "might" be so startled by your own shadow tonight that your wrist slips and you break a fingernail typing. There's always the potential for evil, or good in the future. I know of nothing notable in human history that's ever been gained by excessive timidity though. Perhaps you might offer up some examples.

"Most of the things I worried about never happened" Samuel Clemens

You know the old saying...what goes around... The precedent we set today might just come back to haunt us tomorrow.

Which would be 17 year AWA pilots stapled junior to United's new hire class last week.

I'm sure they'll try to make the peg fit the hole ....

United isn't going to acquire USAirways. It will be Continental or Delta, should Glenn Tilton make good on his promise to be in the driver's seat during consolidation.

Back