Ashamed

Jan 18, 2004
I am ashamed to be a member of local 514 after their behavior saturday morning.These are supposed to be grown men,professionals....are these really the people we want to represent us.I wonder if the moons are part of vision 2025.Thanks TWU for really showing us your best side.

Actually if you had seen the looks on your faces when you ran inside the brady and called for reinforcements you would have been PROUD knowing the TWU has been working tirelessly in saving our(Your) profession!!!!!! This organization you support is willing to Run at every oppurtunity!!!!!!!

TWU: FIRST TO CAPITULATE!

WILL SIGN CONCESSIONARY CONTRACT IF PROVOKED! :down: :down: :down: :down:

Checking it Out said:
Actually if you had seen the looks on your faces when you ran inside the brady and called for reinforcements you would have been PROUD knowing the TWU has been working tirelessly in saving our(Your) profession!!!!!! This organization you support is willing to Run at every oppurtunity!!!!!!!
Yes, you clowns are real tuff bringing everybody and anybody who wanted to be paid.
You even had a bunch of little kids there, real smart.

Nobody ran from any twu clown, however, your antics just got us more cards!!! Damn you dumb!!!! :blink:

Do us a favor cio, please don't work any harder saving our profession in the last few months you have as a twu officer. WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!!!! :down: :down: :down:

Hackman, I understand your embarrassment man, but make sure you present the facts correctly. Saturday the unions displayed solidarity amongst the ranks. The AFL-CIO had 4 unions present. Our mission was set in stone. Your words of disgust are present to hide your feelings of embarrassment. I understand man. Imagine looking across the street and seeing unionism in your face, and you, standing on the wrong curb.

AFL-CIO and union solidarity?

Where were they and the other unions when the Air Traffic Controllers needed them?

The mighty AFL-CIO, Nafta all the way.

I was not paid. I was proud to be part of the event. It showed great Solidarity from the Rank and File Members.

Anyone who attended and seen the TWU and their Union Brothers and Sisters walk across the street would have been proud!!!!! I know the TWU heads were held up high on Saturday.

I thought the people across the street were all TWU local 514 members mostly stock clerks for sure but at least TWU local 514 members, thanks Steve now I know why there were 100 people there because some were from other Unions, I was almost impressed with the number but not anymore as it turns out there was very few people in the group that really had any business in the meeting and I say meeting because no one from the International showed to accept.
I really don't feel bad about the mob not getting to come in as I said it sounds like it was not a mob of our peers IE TWU Mechanics.
I don't think anymore debates will be offered and if they are I will not be at them, I have made up my mind as to what I want and I think most others have as well, so basically the only thing left to do is get as many cards as we can before March 15th at which point AMFA will file regardless of what the card count is at the time.
And then the members will decide who they want it is as simple as that.

Raptor, it was never billed as a 514 local only event. The AFL-CIO is ALWAYS for the workingman and represents when they can. Had AMFA stated they only desired AMTs at their debate they should not have posted "All welcomed " at the bottom of their flyer.

Imagine this, unionism, multiple job classifications under one roof=SOLIDARITY!

WE need to adjust to survive this era!

Good Point Steve, if it were up to me I would have let everyone in except people from other Unions like the IAM Teamsters etc. as this is not their battle, I hear the stock clerks were not allowed in, while I don't know why they would want in since they would be staying with the TWU, I personally would have let them in to ask questions, but that is just me and I was not manning the door, I also did not see what happened at the door so it is easy to say what I would have done not knowing all the facts, had I been at the door and something happened that I don't know about who knows what I would have done.

I don't however agree with the multiple job classifications under one roof I guess that is the difference between AMFA and the TWU, I lean towards the way the Pilots and the Flight Attendants do it.

Raptor, No one I know of was denied entry. We, as a union, stood and awaited Alf's reply to our ROE. I was present at the right hand door, not blocking entry , but awaiting a reply. If the words scab were yelled at AMFA supporters I apologize. People get worked up at these rallies and get carried away, again, I apologize. There was NEVER any intimidation meant from me or Kirk Wells. He is a good union brother, wish all had his convictions.

Please give me the name of any TWU member denied entry, it had to be from the AMFA side not ours brother. At least 5 or 6 persons passed by me as I stood at the door. Had Dan asked to pass through instead of resting his fat belly on my belt he would have been obliged. We meant absolutely NO DISREPECT to your brothers.

I was in front of AA with many AMFA supporters, I did not intimidate there either. Don't get me wrong here, I do respect your opinion, I just do not agree with it, that is all.

Where was the AFL-CIO when it's own IAM needed them with Eastern?
Nothing but hot air! They claimed there would be a nationwide strike if Bush 1 didn't set up a PEB. Bush called their bluff and the rest is history!

AFL-CIO Solidarity is nothing but corny slogans on t-shirts and buttons! :down: :down: :down: :down:

Steve I appreciate your honesty in saying no one was denied entry, The reason we do not trust CIO is for a while his signature was 200 were kicked out of the Brady Theater that is an outright lie, there was only 100 in your group and you chose not to come in no one was kicked out, that guy is a pathalogical Liar and how can anyone respect someone like that.

Again thanks for being honest everyone respects honesty.

Raptor please explain why potrential members were kicked out after we left the brady on Saturday?

If you want to talk about a lier, look at yourself in the mirror and deny that you are attempting to lead AA work force down the road to layoffs! You guys are the ones who continue to imply our scope language is weak even though more work continues to come in house!