AVP mainline

It's all relative; PDT has recently LOST some bids for ground handling work because other contractors were CHEAPER. And from what I've heard from friends who work in other industries where their medical coverage costs are rising and benefits dwindling, PDT's medical coverage is pretty decent.
Looks likes your example will play out reduce medical coverage to get the bids
CWA leaders and members better pose their self for a fight

quote name='LGA / 037' date='18 April 2010 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1271600651' post='740584']
2 years ago for consitency purposes all the hub and key cities changed the handling of the EMB170/175 to Mainline and the CRJ700/900 to Express. Piedmont does not fly anything other then the DH8 100/300 but below the wing handles everything including Airbuses depending on the station.
[/quote]

Did CWA sign off on this or did the company unilaterally decide it? If so, what is to keep it from deciding that EMB 170/5s are "express"? There go hundreds of jobs in the hubs and
outstations. Did the CWA ever "communicate" this to its members?

Hello, Velvet?

You got that right Shirley! Unfortunately, VH is probably the only one in CWA that knows that answer. Behind closed doors is her specialty.

Quick sidebar: I diverted to AVP late last night due to Philly weather. Hadn't been there in 15 years. Beautiful terminal. And the ramp guys were very respectful hard working young people. I hope the station isn't farmed out.

Quick sidebar: I diverted to AVP late last night due to Philly weather. Hadn't been there in 15 years. Beautiful terminal. And the ramp guys were very respectful hard working young people. I hope the station isn't farmed out.

The new terminal (i.e. The House Corruption Built :lol: ) opened up 3 or 4 years ago, and is terrific in all respects. The old terminal was a dump. US has a great operation at AVP, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't mess with it, and continue to run an operation which befits a beautiful terminal.

Back