Aw Tables Resolution-agrees To Doh

No what I am saying what her seniorness perceives as people kicking and screaming is a little venting. I said nothing about the company or corporate. The scoop she felt she had to dish over here is nothing but rag... she made it out to be something it was not. The small group people stressing over at HP ( and not just junior) its because its about the unknown... they had their hopes ... but again its time to move on. I know I was one of them. But its not worth it. Its time to focus on getting a good merged contract for all of us. We are a big group now. We all need to work together to make the New USAIRWAYS a good enviroment for the FA's! Cheers!!!

I think they do need some time to heal. Their union was telling them they would win something for them that they could not produce. They had their hopes dashed. yeah, give them a little time.
If their union was telling them they would be able to change C&B, then shame on them. That was a no brainer. Changing that would of changed the lives of 46,000 AFA members, that was NEVER going to happen. Blaming the Ueast f/a's an AFA isnt going to help bridge the gap between East and West. Get over yourselves, and lets get on with the task at hand. We have a contract to merge. If we bond together, we will win a decent contract.

I think they do need some time to heal. Their union was telling them they would win something for them that they could not produce. They had their hopes dashed. yeah, give them a little time.

Heyray...

So I'll ask it again but a different way... corporate decisions should be made based on a union promising something it (should have known in the very beginning that it) could not deliver?

If that's what they believe, they really need to grow up. Corporate decisions are corporate decisions and in the end all you can do is hope that the powerful therein are honest with you, pay you for a good day's work, and treat you well. (Three things, by the way, that we on the east-side haven't enjoyed in four years!)

But the company merged and the earth continues to turn and the sun comes up every morning and sets every night, and babies are born and people die, and music plays and for the most part everything is the way it was yesterday. And hopefully we will go to bed at the end of the day without a 767 having been projectiled into a building full of people.

This transaction is a mere blip on life's radar screen. This is business and it should not pause for one second because a few employees don't like what's going on. And aside from the three principles (be honest, pay you and treat you well) if Doug stops for even a fraction of a second and worries about either the few or the many who are upset, he isn't doing his job. It's not his job to sugarcoat life's unpleasant situations or to stop and stroke even one of the thousands of flight attendants. His job as a CEO is to try to make money for the sharholders. His job as a human being is to avoid dicking people over in the prosecution of his CEO duties. So far, he seems to have done that, whether the few or the many upset ones see it that way.

See the drama you've started Desert Gal? I can honestly say that almost every single HP FA I've talked to has accepted the BOD ruling and is looking forward to moving on and doing the best with what we've been dealt. Then you've got to go and post what a few flight attendants posted on a PRIVATE forum and now we're all going to have to go through the lectures and generalization that ALL of us HP FA's are going to just have to "deal with it" when we all know -YOU INCLUDED-that it's only a few who need to "deal with it". No one on this forum needs to be lectured any further about dealing with date-of-hire so can we please move on? Thank you.

Exactly!!! All a bunch of gossip she's got going! Thanks desert gal for sellin your own people out for your benefit! Girl this ain't no popularity contest over here! No reason for that! Really are you and Hula perfect Angels that you've never complained about anything? puulease!! DOH is dead ... we are over it! I'm over it... my friends are over it! We want a good merged contract! Stick to your turns and people magazines!

more vino anyone??

I personally don't agree with that. Why should a flight attendant the did not voluntarily transfer or get displaced to a base that they cleary don't want to be in (because they would already be here) be able to STEAL the trips off of those who got sent and/or transfered???? We are to big to allow something like that.

for the same reason people are allowed to STEAL seniority..."rules and regs 101 for dummies." good luck awaers, because most of you will need it.

Exactly!!! All a bunch of gossip she's got going! Thanks desert gal for sellin your own people out for your benefit! Girl this ain't no popularity contest over here! No reason for that! Really are you and Hula perfect Angels that you've never complained about anything? puulease!! DOH is dead ... we are over it! I'm over it... my friends are over it! We want a good merged contract! Stick to your turns and people magazines!

more vino anyone??

her, and the other half of the "two headed dragon" (hulahoop) have been doing that since day one. warning...have any opinion contrary to doh....get ready to feel the heat!!! like'em or not at least the usariens seem to stick together. i think you are right pedro. what a bunch of traitors. go to war with those two and i can already guess the headlines "AWAERS KILLED BY FRIENDLY FIRE" ...subtitle "only two survivors: desertbroad and hulawitch," go figure,lol.

her, and the other half of the "two headed dragon" (hulahoop) have been doing that since day one. warning...have any opinion contrary to doh....get ready to feel the heat!!! like'em or not at least the usariens seem to stick together. i think you are right pedro. what a bunch of traitors. go to war with those two and i can already guess the headlines "AWAERS KILLED BY FRIENDLY FIRE" ...subtitle "only two survivors: desertbroad and hulawitch," go figure,lol.
Neither desertgal or me are complaining about it. Read the threads. It is a dead issue, but then again, it was from the get-go.
Your anger is showing again, lax. Need a refill on those meds?

Change...the biggest emotion is fear. And people do not like their worlds, habits or routines changed w/o consent. I remember those "half empty" f/a's that complained about the new beverage carts. We never had beverage carts and they were afraid of loosing the hand trays for them. Some even continued using them on full flights...it takes time.
There should be some fear here, its natural when things are unknown. The past is what it is. Your USAE f/a's know your fears and have lived them. We embrace the new family and yes its ok to vent. We're the King/queen of venting. Your the new blood in our stagnant world. Lets get this contract off the ground. Pick the best of both worlds and get this party rollin.

Are we STILL on the tired subject? Somebody wake me when it's off the front page. Ooops, my bad. I brought it back to the top. Spank me. :)

Back