AWA Aircraft painting

Don't know, but it would be nice to see an "original" USAIR aircraft. Seems that everyone has forgotten that silver bird with burgundy and red writing.

Not me. I still have recurring nightmares of pissed off
employees;surly,at best customer service and people who think the world owes them a living just because they work for what they thought was an "airline". USAIR.
"Unfortunatly Still Allegheny In Reality"

How about this???

Stop pulling the Wolf/Gangwal trick of painting the planes as a way of taking peoples minds off the real issues like oh say actually running an airline for instance.
Ya know things like on-time performance, Baggage, clean planes, happy workforce, systems that WORK.

The boring mundane stuff. Because if you get these things right then you can buy more planes as your airline grows and argue over how to paint them as they arrive brand spanking new.

Just a thought prior to Breakfast here in sunny RDU

Piney.

I usually don't agree with alot of what you post. But this one is by far your best post ever and a spot on observation. Like they say on the Geico Insurance commercial you see on TV... "So simple a caveman can do it"
Too bad Tempe can't.

They are going to paint at least one if not more that is part of the Star Alliance Agreement with US.

It will be hard with the new 787 as well since its plastic. What is Boeing thinking?
Yah, I wan to fly on one of those after it's been hit by a: belt/cargo loader, catering truck, or jetway. That was the big criticism Airbus had about the 787 before they they did the re-design on the A350. Now it too will be all plastic.

Seattle Times had a story about the 787 last week that showed a special metal cage that will go reinforce the flight deck to protect the pilots in the event of a bird strike.

What about the other areas that are prone to strikes or FOD? Anyone have any info?

You are right, but they could still do it on a white background. It would be nice to see the original though...the one that started it all.

Actually, white was the original background with the three shades of red. The planes were later stripped of the white to a polished finish.

Back