Star - MERGED THREADS

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
Has anyone heard which aircraft will be painted in the Star Alliance livery? I think the rule is that 3% of the fleet has to wear Star colours. Also, will they add the Star Alliance logo by the door on the rest of the fleet?

The current Star livery is a bit plain... I preferred the first two, that represented each airline.

Well, y'alls issues are not interesting enough to take up EVERY post.

And seeing as its a requirement of Star Alliance membership, which we enter into in two months, maybe it is worth worrying about, along with our bad and declining service standards. Star should be a huge revenue boost, unless US screws it up and gets kicked out.

I was going to ask about the Star Alliance painting today also. That's strange. I would hope they would pick mainly Boeing aircraft because the paint currently on many of them look in poor shape compaired to the Airbus. I am sure a E170 will be included since they are being delivered right now.

CLT-Douglas said:
I am sure a E170 will be included since they are being delivered right now.

Well here is a 170 although not from Airways...

Attachments

• AirlinersNetPhotoID553235.jpg
    AirlinersNetPhotoID553235.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 169
I hope they paint that one 767 thats practically silver. It looks like it had an argument with Ike Turner.

There will be no 767s painted till next year, the company had planned on repainting the entire 767 fleet this summer, but due to the needs of service with the increase of European flying they pushed the painting off till next year.

There were several vendors, I know leading edge in MS and TX did the initial painting, now they are painted by AvEx at New Iberia, LA.

Light Years said:
And seeing as its a requirement of Star Alliance membership, which we enter into in two months...
According to the nice letter that riple-B sent me today you're entering Star on May 4th. That would be less than 2 weeks...

Congratulations!

Light Years said:
Well, y'alls issues are not interesting enough to take up EVERY post.

And seeing as its a requirement of Star Alliance membership, which we enter into in two months, maybe it is worth worrying about, along with our bad and declining service standards. Star should be a huge revenue boost, unless US screws it up and gets kicked out.
we will enter star on may 5th

WSurf said:
I think we have bigger issues then paint jobs at this point ;) ;) ;) ;)
:angry: I remember as I was getting my corporate abortion papers, US Airways was finding money to finish painting the fleet. I'm glad my misery contributed to the cause. Crap like painting airplanes when you're ruining the lives of your employees is UNCALLED for. :angry:

N513AU said:
:angry: I remember as I was getting my corporate abortion papers, US Airways was finding money to finish painting the fleet. I'm glad my misery contributed to the cause. Crap like painting airplanes when you're ruining the lives of your employees is UNCALLED for. :angry:
Planes have to be painted. Let's face it, people don't want to fly around in planes that resemble something out of Sanford & Son's junkyard. Yeah it sucks to be furloughed, but you can't wish the company to go to hell just because you aren't here. :angry:

Back