AWA Employee Travel Phone Number

Justair

Aug 22, 2003
Does anybody know the AWA employee travel 800 number?

I seems to be a secret. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

US Airways Non-Rev: 1-800-325-9999
America West Non-Rev: 1-800-894-7277

I haven't used the West travel line, but hopefully the number hasn't changed - the above was in 'about US' last October.

Jim

Have patience, if you call. They tend to stick new new newbies on the pass line. Like the folks in Manila with American accents.
The AWA fon for pass trvl is correct. They do not put newbies on the pass line. Calls are routed in after revenue calls and somehow are mixed in, theres a formula for how these calls get routed. At one time, we tried to get a seperate desk to handle pass calls due not being able to book pass travel online. They tried to track the non rev calls to justify the seperate desk but the merger came along and... Many senior agents have moved on to other depts, FFD, internet(DST), Morecare(ta desk) but there are still many that handle non rev calls. With the high turnover and number of new hires you may get a newbie, please be patient with them and they will try to get you listed. Its usually quicker if you know when and what flight youd like. Most difficult calls can be flexi trvlrs. They dont know anything about trvling sb and some can be quite obnoxious. Its not the agents job to explain how to use a flexi, it is the employees. Please advise they are discounted sb and if they have time restraints or its the holidays, please adv to purchase pos space tkts. Many sb pax have had ruined holidays due to misinfo on flexis. Agents take enough abuse from trvling public but they dont need any from Guest Pass trvler. Rude pax PNRs can be passed onto the Pass Bureau and will send notice to the employee of situation. Some have lost flight privileges.

That was fast.

What is going to be tonight's PA lottery number?

I had saved the info on my computer for future reference - no mystic powers needed.

And if I knew the answer to that question I wouldn't be working......

Jim

Depends - how much is the PA lottery up to? The answer to that would determine if I'd be out looking for a private jet, beach house, & mint 427 Cobra or just kicking tires looking for a replacement for my '88 Honda.....

Nah - on second thought I'd be doing exactly what I'm doing now. Kicking back and having fun.

Jim

The AWA fon for pass trvl is correct. They do not put newbies on the pass line. Calls are routed in after revenue calls and somehow are mixed in, theres a formula for how these calls get routed. At one time, we tried to get a seperate desk to handle pass calls due not being able to book pass travel online. They tried to track the non rev calls to justify the seperate desk but the merger came along and... Many senior agents have moved on to other depts, FFD, internet(DST), Morecare(ta desk) but there are still many that handle non rev calls. With the high turnover and number of new hires you may get a newbie, please be patient with them and they will try to get you listed. Its usually quicker if you know when and what flight youd like. Most difficult calls can be flexi trvlrs. They dont know anything about trvling sb and some can be quite obnoxious. Its not the agents job to explain how to use a flexi, it is the employees. Please advise they are discounted sb and if they have time restraints or its the holidays, please adv to purchase pos space tkts. Many sb pax have had ruined holidays due to misinfo on flexis. Agents take enough abuse from trvling public but they dont need any from Guest Pass trvler. Rude pax PNRs can be passed onto the Pass Bureau and will send notice to the employee of situation. Some have lost flight privileges.

Just to add to the above. Depending on call volume, sometimes the pass line is answered by America West Vacations agents. They have limited shares training, so while they are seasoned agents, they are working in a computer enviornment they rarely use.

And just to make you feel better, unless there is something we're not being told, No HP calls are routed to a non USA call center. HP never had outsourced customer service till the merger when we picked up the USairways bankruptsy 'solution' haha!

Wasn't there some talk about employee non revs being able to list on the website as well as check in?? That would take a load off the reservations group. I remember a few years back where employees had to call during certain hours only. And PLEASE make sure you call the 800 number......1-800-894-7277.......and not the local 602 number. Please!!!

...Deleted By Request...
I never knew that. When do you press ##? Is it right at the initial menu, or when you're in the part where it gives you the "old" PBT (good, great, etc)

Wasn't there some talk about employee non revs being able to list on the website as well as check in?? That would take a load off the reservations group. I remember a few years back where employees had to call during certain hours only. And PLEASE make sure you call the 800 number......1-800-894-7277.......and not the local 602 number. Please!!!
Yeah, when the new employee website comes out we will be able to list, check-in, and pay fees for stuff like parents, buddy passes, etc. They are still saying it will be released sometime around the end of hte 1st quarter--which is this month!

I never knew that. When do you press ##? Is it right at the initial menu, or when you're in the part where it gives you the "old" PBT (good, great, etc)
Yeah, when the new employee website comes out we will be able to list, check-in, and pay fees for stuff like parents, buddy passes, etc. They are still saying it will be released sometime around the end of hte 1st quarter--which is this month!

That wil be great. Will the segmented pricing for companion passes start then as well? Will we be keeping the ED20 program? If you try to book an ED20 on the Hub and it is a destination East doesn't fly to but West does, it doesn't acknowledge. Those ED20's are great!

I have already had to use to old ID90 system for 2 companion passes, so let's get it going. :rolleyes:

Back